Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
In any organization whether profit or non profit oriented the main purpose of the organization is to achieve its objective. The objectives cannot be achieved in a vacuum there must be a clearly set strategy that management should use in order to meet these objectives.
Many businesses fail to realize that they cannot stay in business without any marketing strategies. This is because they were operating in a market that was monopolistic in nature. This means that there was no intense competition from other organization. But these days due to dynamic nature of the market, and consumer taste changes every day it has become imperative on the part of the business to look into their strategies and review them if at all they want to remain in business.
The marketing communication mix consists of the sub sets of marketing tools that are primarily communicational in nature. They are tools normally classified under promotion which is one of the controllable variables of the 4ps of marketing promotional mix, is made up of advertising, personal selling, sales promotion and publicity. The element in the promotional mix that is rapidly gaining additional recognition in most industries especially in the brewery industry in Nigeria is the sales promotion. It is not enough mostly in developing countries like Nigeria in manufacturing to merely produce and trust that consumers will become aware of such products. The firm has to engage in promotional activities.
Over the year some notable author have regard sales promotion as having such roles as:
a. Boosting sales in a particular geographical area
b. Appealing to special segments of the market
c. Attracting bargain hunting, non brand conscious buyers
d. Stimulating a new use of the product
e. Encouraging more frequent use of a product
f. Encouraging the use of other product
g. Securing self space of a particular product
h. Encouraging seasonal sales or stimulating off peak period sales
i. Offsetting price competition
j. Assisting sales force in presentation of their product because motivation and encouragement have been created
1.2 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Sales promotion became an essential motivating factor in the area of marketing in any organization whether in the Brewery Industry or any other company.
The researcher has undergone a four month student’s industrial work experience (SIWES) in the company. He has developed interest in the company promotional activities which is one of the reasons that has prompted him to write on the topic. The impact of sales promotion in Nigeria Breweries Company.
The researcher intends to identify the level of depending on sales promotion and its importance to Nigeria Brewery Plc consumers and customer alike.
The researcher deliberated on the effectiveness achievements and the results. The merits and demerits associated with sales promotion are also highlighted.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It is true that consumers of both industrial and consumers of goods exhibits various attitudes and behaviour toward the products and service offered and rendered to them. This is basically because presently consumer’s income is very low due to the economic predicament coupled with the other environmental factors that influence their buying habit many consumers preferred to spend their hard earned resources on essential goods like food stuff, clothes, shelter and other immediate requirement.
In a developing economy like Nigeria, it is not enough for manufactures to just produce and expect consumer will buy their product or services without considering what they will benefit or deprive from it. Hence sales promotion becomes inevitable. Manufacturers are faced with the problem of products substance and competition. So for that reason many manufactures now attempt to stimulate and get consumers attention with customer loyalty, increase market share by using sales promotion tools on goods and service.
Organizations usually encounter problems such as lack of management known how not appointing the right and experience marketers or sales promotion experts. More sales promotions carried out by organizations are usually badly organized and implemented which leads to the aim being defeated thereby having a direct effect on sales volume and profit. This problem of low sales and low demand have promoted producers to use sale promotion to compliment the use of other promotional mixes like advertising personal selling, publicity and public relations.
However, it has been observed over the year that some producers do not employ the use of appropriate sales promotional tools and methods, to enhance the achievement of stated goals, and have neglected the importance of marketing concept which is people oriented philosophy that regarded the customers as a king and sole aim of the business existence.
Some of the questions the study will answer are what impact does sales promotion has on the sales performance of an organization.
1.4 OBJECTIVE OR PURPOSE OF STUDY
All research or product work ought to have purpose or objective will be meaningless. For the purpose of this study the followings are the objectives of the project.
1. This study will highlight the prospect and importance of sales promotion in an organization
2. The study will also highlight the role of sales promotion and also recommend on measures to be used in order to improve on sales performance of an organization.
3. The major objective is to examine how the company creates awareness and the impact of sales promotion in the Brewery Industry.
4. The study will also assess the contribution and efforts of sales promotion to improve the sales of an organization.
1.5 SCOPE FO THE STUDY
This research study cover all products of Nigerian Breweries Plc Kaduna consumers within confines of Unwar Television in Chukun Local Government Area of Kaduna State to examine what the impact of sales promotion strategies on customers patronage.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Sales Promotion: May be described or defined as the use of short term incentives periodically to stimulate or encourage consumers to buy product
2. Consumer: One who buys and uses goods and services to satisfy personal or household ants or for resale.
3. Advertising: Any paid form of non personal presentation and promotion of ideas, goods or services by an identified sponsor in the Radio Television or cinema
4. Consumer Goods: goods destined for use by the infinite consumer or a household.
5. Marketing: Is the management function that is concerned with the identification anticipation and satisfaction of customer wants. It organises and directs all the business activities involved in accessing and converting consumer purchasing power into effect demand for a specific product or service and in moving the product or service to the final consumer to achieve the profit target get by the organization.
6. Public relations: Conscious effort to improve and mention a good corporate image and relationship with pubic and employee and customers, shareholders, local communities, trade union etc.
7. Personal selling: The process of making oral commercial representation during a buying / seller interview situation. This is collegially referred to as face to face selling or known as buyer / seller interface
8. Promotional mix: This is the set tool used by manufacturers to persuade consumption habit. They are advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, publicity and public relations.
9. Marketing communication: Conveying of information from the marketing to the market with the aim of creating awareness and obtaining favourable attitude toward the company and its products or service.
10. Marketing mix: This is a concept of marketing strategy which is based on product, price promotion, distribution, processing and pack gaining in an integrated marketing programme.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF TAX EVASION AND AVOIDANCE ON THE ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE IN ABIA STATE)» ABSTRACT This study was on the causes and effect of Tax Evasion and Avoidance on the economy (Board of Internal Revenue in Abia State). The major obje...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) concept has been largely regarded as an important marke...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF RELATIONSHIP MARKETING ON CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION AND PROFITABILITY. (A CASE STUDY OF MTN NIGERIA, ABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Relationship marketing is one of the aspects of newly developed philosophy in marketing, which is...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Telecommunication industry in Nigeria from inception has been the absolute monopoly of the fe...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The need for a tourist destination to properly coordinate its marketing communications strategies to achieve a clear, consistent and competit...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF SALES PROMOTION ON THE PURCHASE OF CONSUMERS GOODS: A CASE STUDY OF CONSUMERS IN NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Sales promotion is one of the four aspects of promotional mix or marketing mix, (the other three ...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON CUSTOMERS SERVICE DELIVERY (CASE STUDY OF UBA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information technology is a body of tools with the convergence of communication and computer. It ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The project work is designed to give insight to the effect of branding on product marketing. This is to enable the reader to appreciate the c...Continue Reading »
9. PRODUCT BRANDING AS A TOOL FOR INCREASING CONSUMER LOYALTY IN THE TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Nigerian Telecommunication industry has experienced exponential growth in the last ten years,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Manufacturing firms are increasingly becoming aware, that the production of goods is meaningless without its availability...Continue Reading »