Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Although all consumers purchase and consume products from time to time, it is generally agreed that there are some factors that influences the decision the consumers take when it comes to purchasing and consumption. This influence helps to shape or determine what is known as consumer behaviour.
Consumer’s decision to buy a particular product is usually subjected to a lot of influences which include the distinctive living pattern of cultural groups as well as ethnic, religious and racial backgrounds. Consumption of food products like the one under survey (egg) could be influenced by various factors such as
(a) Properties of the food
(b) Personal related factors and environmental factors
The consumers’ knowledge of nutrition of food is also every crucial factor that influences the purchase and consumption of egg in our society. Since our food consumption pattern is considered to be poor, most people look out for supplements to augment what they
take especially protein thus the resort to eggs both by adults and young ones.
It is obvious that no single food contains all the nutrients needed by the body in amounts sufficient to maintain life and promote optimum growth. Nevertheless most of what we consume is carbohydrate and cannot afford other expensive means or foods to get protein. This is evident on how households and individuals include eggs in their meals regularly.
However, in recent times, eggs appear to have been gaining wider patronage among bakers and hoteliers. The need to make their products tasty and nutritious has appreciably made all they produce egg based.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The response and increased consumption of eggs by consumers aroused our curiosity to undertake this study. This is at variance with the historical approach and perception to the consumption of eggs in our households and communities.
The increased consumption of eggs comes as a result of some factors which influence the purchasing and consumption pattern of consumers. Some times, because of the irrational behaviour of consumers, they tend to buy frivolously.
On the other hand, due to our food pattern and its nutritious values, consumers tend to use eggs to supplement the nutritious intake of their households. Consumers also use it as a source of protein for their young ones as well as the adults.
The central problem, which this research study will tackle, is to identify and examine those factors that influence consumers’ purchase and consumption of eggs and also ascertain how consumers react to those factors.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The following are the objectives of the study:
i. To examine the relative importance of the nutrition factors on egg purchase and consumption.
ii. To ascertain whether or not consumers of eggs are being influenced by their level of income during purchase.
iii. To examine how cultural, social, and income factors influence the purchase and consumption of eggs as it affects consumers in Enugu.
iv. To determine the extent the cultural and financial factors goes in influencing the purchase and consumption of eggs by consumers.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
This study is a thorough research into the consumption and purchasing pattern of consumers. The study points out the factors that influence consumer purchase and consumption of eggs. Therefore by knowing their factors, the supplier/producer will know how best to deal with consumers.
This research is also important because of its contribution to this growing field of knowledge because of peoples misunderstanding of consumer behaviour. This project will be an avenue to put producer/suppliers in the know about how consumers behave.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The following hypothesis is to be tested in the course of this research.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The project work is designed to give insight to the effect of branding on product marketing. This is to enable the reader to appreciate the c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The role of logistics and distribution system as a marketing function cannot be over emphasized. ...Continue Reading »
3. APPRAISAL OF DISTRIBUTION STRATEGIES OF PRODUCTION COMPANIES (A STUDY OF THE NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC IN ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Distribution channel is the path through which goods and services traverse as they go from producer to ultimat...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON THE CONSUMPTION OF CONSUMER GOODS: A CASE STUDY OF GOVERNMENT PAID WORKERS (CIVIL SERVANT) IN ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Advertising is a powerful marketing communication tool used by companies to fulfill the promotional task. It is an impersonal...Continue Reading »
» BY CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A bank is a financial institution licensed by a government. Its primary activities include...Continue Reading »
6. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION OF SOFT DRINK (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY ONITSHA L.G.A ANAMBRA STATE)» ABSTRACT Distribution of soft drinks in Nigeria simply implies the system through which the soft drinks are brought to the prospect final consumer wit...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF “MARKETING MIX” IN THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF ORGANIZATION OBJECTIVE (A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER BROTHERS NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Marketing mix is a business tool that used by the management of organizations which enable them t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In the contemporary globalised world of business, with its attendant stiff competitions, effective customer care is unive...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Academics and practitioners have been striving to establish and agreed upon definitions of the co...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The major aim of this research work is to know the effects of exchange rate fluctuation on imported goods in Nigeria. It is also aimed at asc...Continue Reading »