Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Although all consumers purchase and consume products from time to time, it is generally agreed that there are some factors that influences the decision the consumers take when it comes to purchasing and consumption. This influence helps to shape or determine what is known as consumer behaviour.
Consumer’s decision to buy a particular product is usually subjected to a lot of influences which include the distinctive living pattern of cultural groups as well as ethnic, religious and racial backgrounds. Consumption of food products like the one under survey (egg) could be influenced by various factors such as
(a) Properties of the food
(b) Personal related factors and environmental factors
The consumers’ knowledge of nutrition of food is also every crucial factor that influences the purchase and consumption of egg in our society. Since our food consumption pattern is considered to be poor, most people look out for supplements to augment what they
take especially protein thus the resort to eggs both by adults and young ones.
It is obvious that no single food contains all the nutrients needed by the body in amounts sufficient to maintain life and promote optimum growth. Nevertheless most of what we consume is carbohydrate and cannot afford other expensive means or foods to get protein. This is evident on how households and individuals include eggs in their meals regularly.
However, in recent times, eggs appear to have been gaining wider patronage among bakers and hoteliers. The need to make their products tasty and nutritious has appreciably made all they produce egg based.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The response and increased consumption of eggs by consumers aroused our curiosity to undertake this study. This is at variance with the historical approach and perception to the consumption of eggs in our households and communities.
The increased consumption of eggs comes as a result of some factors which influence the purchasing and consumption pattern of consumers. Some times, because of the irrational behaviour of consumers, they tend to buy frivolously.
On the other hand, due to our food pattern and its nutritious values, consumers tend to use eggs to supplement the nutritious intake of their households. Consumers also use it as a source of protein for their young ones as well as the adults.
The central problem, which this research study will tackle, is to identify and examine those factors that influence consumers’ purchase and consumption of eggs and also ascertain how consumers react to those factors.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The following are the objectives of the study:
i. To examine the relative importance of the nutrition factors on egg purchase and consumption.
ii. To ascertain whether or not consumers of eggs are being influenced by their level of income during purchase.
iii. To examine how cultural, social, and income factors influence the purchase and consumption of eggs as it affects consumers in Enugu.
iv. To determine the extent the cultural and financial factors goes in influencing the purchase and consumption of eggs by consumers.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
This study is a thorough research into the consumption and purchasing pattern of consumers. The study points out the factors that influence consumer purchase and consumption of eggs. Therefore by knowing their factors, the supplier/producer will know how best to deal with consumers.
This research is also important because of its contribution to this growing field of knowledge because of peoples misunderstanding of consumer behaviour. This project will be an avenue to put producer/suppliers in the know about how consumers behave.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The following hypothesis is to be tested in the course of this research.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background information The business environment has become very competitive in the 21st century due to the growth in tech...Continue Reading »
2. AN APPRAISAL OF BANK MARKETING STRATEGIES IN THE NEW GENERATION BANKS (A STUDY OF SELECTED NEW GENERATION BANKS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Following the past distress in the banking and finance industry in Nigeria, the new generatio...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS HANDLING ON THE MARKETING PERFORMANCES IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY: A STUDY OF SELECTED PRIVATE AND PUBLIC ENTERPRISES IN...» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The foundational objective of any good sole proprietor is usually to dispose off his goods as much as possibl...Continue Reading »
4. PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGEMENT AND THE SUSTENANCE OF DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA: A SURVEY OF THE DYNAMICS OF EXECUTIVE – LEGISLATIVE RELATIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In the wake of political independence in 196os, the indigenous political leaders sought to instit...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF SALES PROMOTION ONCUSTOMERS’ LOYALTY IN THE NIGERIAN TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY. (A STUDY OF MTNASABA).» ABSTRACT. The study examines the impact of sales promotion on customers’ loyalty, using MTNAsaba. The objectives of the study are to determine t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study The banking sector is becoming increasingly competitive around the world. Today, many businesses...Continue Reading »
7. EVALUATION OF SELECTED MARKETING STRATEGIES EMPLOYED BY THE BANKING INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA: (A STUDY OF AFRIBANK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study The role of the financial sector in promoting rapid economic development cannot be undermined. Hence,...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is to identify the impact of Advertising on the marketing Global system for mobile (G.S.M) Communication in Enugu a case study of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Banking industry is an important sector in the business world which has a growing impact on all o...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS IN NIGERIAN POLITICAL PARTIES’ CAMPAIGN PROGRAMME IN THE SOUTH EAST OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before now, politicians were contended with publicity, i.e getting their views reported in the pr...Continue Reading »