Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Although all consumers purchase and consume products from time to time, it is generally agreed that there are some factors that influences the decision the consumers take when it comes to purchasing and consumption. This influence helps to shape or determine what is known as consumer behaviour.
Consumer’s decision to buy a particular product is usually subjected to a lot of influences which include the distinctive living pattern of cultural groups as well as ethnic, religious and racial backgrounds. Consumption of food products like the one under survey (egg) could be influenced by various factors such as
(a) Properties of the food
(b) Personal related factors and environmental factors
The consumers’ knowledge of nutrition of food is also every crucial factor that influences the purchase and consumption of egg in our society. Since our food consumption pattern is considered to be poor, most people look out for supplements to augment what they
take especially protein thus the resort to eggs both by adults and young ones.
It is obvious that no single food contains all the nutrients needed by the body in amounts sufficient to maintain life and promote optimum growth. Nevertheless most of what we consume is carbohydrate and cannot afford other expensive means or foods to get protein. This is evident on how households and individuals include eggs in their meals regularly.
However, in recent times, eggs appear to have been gaining wider patronage among bakers and hoteliers. The need to make their products tasty and nutritious has appreciably made all they produce egg based.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The response and increased consumption of eggs by consumers aroused our curiosity to undertake this study. This is at variance with the historical approach and perception to the consumption of eggs in our households and communities.
The increased consumption of eggs comes as a result of some factors which influence the purchasing and consumption pattern of consumers. Some times, because of the irrational behaviour of consumers, they tend to buy frivolously.
On the other hand, due to our food pattern and its nutritious values, consumers tend to use eggs to supplement the nutritious intake of their households. Consumers also use it as a source of protein for their young ones as well as the adults.
The central problem, which this research study will tackle, is to identify and examine those factors that influence consumers’ purchase and consumption of eggs and also ascertain how consumers react to those factors.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The following are the objectives of the study:
i. To examine the relative importance of the nutrition factors on egg purchase and consumption.
ii. To ascertain whether or not consumers of eggs are being influenced by their level of income during purchase.
iii. To examine how cultural, social, and income factors influence the purchase and consumption of eggs as it affects consumers in Enugu.
iv. To determine the extent the cultural and financial factors goes in influencing the purchase and consumption of eggs by consumers.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
This study is a thorough research into the consumption and purchasing pattern of consumers. The study points out the factors that influence consumer purchase and consumption of eggs. Therefore by knowing their factors, the supplier/producer will know how best to deal with consumers.
This research is also important because of its contribution to this growing field of knowledge because of peoples misunderstanding of consumer behaviour. This project will be an avenue to put producer/suppliers in the know about how consumers behave.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The following hypothesis is to be tested in the course of this research.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Of all business activities or functions, none is as interested in the consumer and his purchasing...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT ON PATRONAGE FOR ACCOMMODATION PRODUCTS AND SERVICE, AND ATTRACTING GUESTS AND MAKING THEM A LOYAL GUEST OR CLIENT» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The hospitality industry like any other industry has been affected by so many sensitive and uncontr...Continue Reading »
3. BANK RECAPITALIZATION AS A MARKETING STRATEGY IN A COMPETITIVE BANKING INDUSTRY:A STUDY OF UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA(UBA)PLC» INTRODUCTION INTRODUCTION The Nigerian banking system was at no time immune to reforms. This Was confirmed by the country’s apex bank, the Centr...Continue Reading »
4. ADVERTISERS PREFERENCES OF MEDIA CHANNEL PROBLEMS, CHOICE, AND REASONS (A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF DAILY SUN NEWSPAPER AND NEWSWATCH MAGAZINE)» ABSTRACT This research is on Advertisers Preferences of Media Channels, Problems, Choice and Reasons (A Comparative Study of Daily Sun Newspaper and N...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The growth of the use of the Internet, and in particular the World Wide Web, over the last 10 yea...Continue Reading »
6. APPLICATION OF MARKETING CONCEPT IN COMMERCIAL BANKING AND IT EFFECTIVENESS IN CONSUMER SATISFACTION (A CASE STUDY OF GT BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Marketing concept is a customer oriented philosophy which states that customer’s satisfaction is the economic and s...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to highlight the strategy on how different product enhance sales performance in communication industries especia...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Packaging is a marketing tool and it is closely interwoven with the performance of marketing functions. It is concerned w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Bank location is very central to the attraction of customers. According to Jonah (2003:10) locati...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Nigerian capital market is a long term end of the Nigeria financial system just as the mo...Continue Reading »