The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 83 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.0 Background to the Study
The origin and traditional background of trade fairs can be traced to the time when neither good communication network of security needed for the establishment of pertinent commercial relationship were easily obtain.
The first significant trade fair in Nigeria was held in 1960 to add glamour to Nigeria Independence Celebration, through with less business motives. The first trade fairs with international magnitude was held in 1977 and 60 countries attended.
Over the years companies have come to accept trade exhibition as an effective way of creating awareness and this invariably stimulate the demand for their product. Trade Fair or exhibition can be effectively used regardless of the product lifecycle but it will be better applied at the introduction stage of a product.
This will allow patient consumers to know the product use and its design.
It is noteworthy that trade exhibition could be as small as one main exhibition in one room apartment, it can also be general or specialized exhibition, which could be held for commercial and non-commercial exhibition we are however interested in commercial exhibition. In recent time trade exhibition has gained prominence in the manufacturing industries. At present three international trade fair were held annually in Nigeria, Lagos, Kaduna&Enugu international trade fairs. These fairs are organized by the Nigerian Association of Chamber of Commerce & Industry Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA).
The reason for organisation participation in trade exhibition as given by Christian Peterson (1972) are as follow:-
1. It could be used to create positions impression on the mind of the potential buyers or to correct negative impressions.
2. It could be used to serve as opportunity for a company without a regular sales force to show case their product to the public.
3. Trade exhibition could be used to test marketing product pending commercialization.
4. Trade exhibition could be used to test marketing product pending commercialization.
5. Trade exhibition could be used to show trade prestige i.e. if a company want to be seen among it competitors as a leader.
6. Trade exhibition is specifically use by small scale business to compete with large firm in already crowded business.
1.1 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The research study is directed towards finding out how effective trade exhibition is in marketing of consumer goods.
1. To know the extent trade exhibition has created awareness for the product of the manufacturer.
2. To know if trade exhibition can be used to forecast the demand for the company’s product.
3. To know if trade exhibition achieve the objectives set by the company.
4. To know or determine trade exhibition contribution to consumer relationship with the company.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
I have been encouraged to write on this topic because of the attitude of some business organisation who falls to realize and appreciate the role of trade exhibition play in the survival of any business organisation. The negative attitude of organisation toward the use of trade exhibition of promote the image of the company’s product has led to an increase level of imitation and life of many consumers are endangered and inadequate information about the organisation and its product.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
This research intend to throw light on the need for trade exhibition in marketing of consumer goods the finding of the study will therefore be used to:
a. Throw more light on how consumer react to trade exhibition and its benefit in term of informing them about the product and at the same time enhancing the company’s product image.
b. The management of the company concerned will be able to know those that may arise as a result of competition.
c. It help the management of Loyalted Limited to really comprehend the benefit of trade exhibition.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i. How often do you buy at trade exhibition?
ii. Does trade exhibition create awareness for the company product?
iii. Has trade exhibition influence consumer’s decision to buy a product?
iv. Does trade exhibition attract new consumer and increases the usages by existing consumers.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Ho: Trade exhibition have no impact on the company Sales.
Hi: Trade exhibition has impact on the company’s sales
Ho: Trade exhibition does not create awareness for the company’s product.
Hi: Trade exhibition create awareness for the company product.
Ho: That trade exhibition does not used to test in the market for consumer’s product.
Hi: That trade exhibition is used to test in the market for consumer product.
1.6 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
This involved all activities performed in the collection of all necessary data and information required for the research. Data needed for this research study will be collected through primary and secondary sources.
a. Primary Data Sources: This will be carried out with the use of Questionnaire, the question are conducted on the staff or loyalted product limited.
b. Secondary Data Sources:- This will come from journal, magazines, books, newspaper, report, government publication on trade exhibition and other relevant material.
An overviews of the method of research is provide which include a description of the research method employed in collecting the data that were analysed to arrive at any conclusion. It also deals with the research design, population and sample size determination. Other area discussed are questionnaire design administration of questionnaire, method of data collection and also validity and reliability.
1.7 RESEARCH INSTRUMENT
The instrument for the above study is by applying the test statistic known as chi-square the formula is given as
c2 = E (Oi – ei)2
Where Oi = Observed Frequency
Ei = Expected Frequency
cc2 = Represent
computation for the test
= represent chi-square in table
The expected frequency is calculated thus
Ei = Product of the marginal total pertaining to the sale under consideration.
1.8 RESEARCH DESIGN
In order to increase sales, create awareness and to avoid an eventual decline of the product in the market, many manufacturers of consumer goods have come a long way in their trade exhibition, strategies aimed at gaining more share of the market. The idea may not be totally rewarding if proper research is not clearing spelt. The limitation of this study are summarized as follow;
1. Time limitation:- The time available for the project does not allow a thorough and a detailed analysis of the topic but effort were made at arriving at a meaningful finding.
2. Limitation in terms of Survey:- In this regard some of the problem faced in the field survey are no response, not in the office etc all these affect the extent of study.
3. Cost:- This is another factor militating against the study, hence the scope was limited to Lagos.
4. The management no divulging information which they consider confident and use strategic decision regarding their exhibition and promotional strategies.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Brand Name:- This is a word letter or number which is bear able or can be realized given by a producer to a particular product to differentiate it from product of other producers.
2. Competitors:- These are people or organisation that seek to have an edge over their competitor by comparing either with good or services by producing goods of better and high quality and stressing the unique selling proposition of their product.
3. Products:- This is anything that can be offered to the market for use consumption or acquisition of their product can be tangible or intangible product are those cannot be seen.
4. ProductRange:- This is production range of product that a company produces for consumption or offered to the market for use.
5. Consumer Goods:- These are goods offered to the market to be bought for direct consumption and not further processing before it can be used.
6. Exhibition: A Display of work of art manufactured goods and natural production for which people are expected to place order.
7. Infringement: An action which goes against take over the right of other.
8. Advertising:- This is any paid form of non-personal presentation and promotion of ideas goods ad services by an identified sponsor.
9. Promotion:- This is the communication to persuade or convince prospective consumers.
10. Personal Selling:- This is an oral presentation in a conversation with one or more prospective purchases for the purposes of making sales.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The growing need to maintain a competitive edge and customer loyalty in the industry segment predetermine the ...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 36 hits | Source: MARKETING
» ABSTRACT This project investigates “The Impacts of Pricing in Marketing of Coke Drinks in Enugu State” Every individual is interested in the price...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 191 hits | Source: MARKETING
3. MARKETING OF CATERING SERVICES IN ENUGU STATE (A CASE STUDY OF MR. BIGG’S CATERING SERVICE OKPARA AVENUE ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Taylor (1988:3) had it that, much of the industries worldwide still wants to believe in the credo...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 155 hits | Source: MARKETING
» AbstractThis study was informed by the necessity of research in the impact of integrated marketing communication on brand building. A study of the tra...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 32 hits | Source: MARKETING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Computers will remain an integral part of life; this is as a result of increasing number of areas where they...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 141 hits | Source: MARKETING
6. BUILDING RELATIONSHIP MARKETING THROUGH ONLINE MARKETING COMMUNICATION: A SURVEY OF RETAIL STORES IN ASABA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION â€‹1.2. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY For several years, a revolution in marketing communication has been developing, that is,...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 181 hits | Source: MARKETING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Software produced within Nigeria by its citizens is in other words referred to as Made in Nigeria...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 187 hits | Source: MARKETING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY To achieve a set of organizational goals and objectives, companies conceptualize, design, and imp...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 95 hits | Source: MARKETING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Of all business activities or functions, none is as interested in the consumer and his purchasing...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 175 hits | Source: MARKETING
» ABSTRACT This study aimed at giving insight to the influence of television commercial on family buying habit of peak milk in Uyo Urban metropolis. The...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 39 hits | Source: MARKETING