Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The topic of this research work is “The consumer’s perception of branding and packaging on sales of cosmetics products”.
The American marketing association defines a brand as a name, term, design, symbol or any feature that identifies one seller’s goods or services as distinct from those of other sellers. The legal term for brand is trademark. A brand may identify one item a family of items or all items of that seller. According to Oswald (2002), it used for the firm as a whole, the preferred term is trade name.
A brand can take many forms including a name, sign, symbol, colour, combination or slogan. The word branding began simply as a way to tell one person’s cattle from another by means of hot iron stamp. The word brand has continued to evolve to encompass identify its affects the personality of a product, company or service.
A concept brand is a brand that is associated with an abstract concept like breast cancer awareness or environmentalism, rather than a specific product, service or business. A commodity brand is a associated with commonly golf milk, is an example of a commodity brand in the automatic industry, brand were originally called morgues and morgues are still often used as a synonym for brand in reference to motor vehicles (Leech, 2005). The word brand is sometimes used as a metonym, referring to a company that is strongly identified with a brand. Packaging is the science, art, technology of enclosing or protecting of products for distribution, storage, sales and use. Packaging also refers to the process of design, evaluation and production of packages. Packaging can be described as a coordinated system of preparing goods for transport, warehousing, logistics, sale and end-use. Packaging also refers to the process of design, evaluation and production of packages. Packaging can be described as a coordinated system of preparing goods for transport, warehousing, logistics, sales and end-use.
Higgins (2003), pointed that packaging contains, protects, preserves, in forms and sells. In many countries it is fully integrated into government, business, institutional, industrial and personal use. Packager labeling (en-GB) or labeling (en-US) is any written electronic or graphic communications but associated label.
The researcher decided to use Onitsha main market cosmetic trades as his case study for this work. He will attempt to find out how the consumers perception of branding and packaging affects the sale of their cosmetic products.
Recommendations will be made to the manufacturers and marketers of such cosmetic products as to the models of improvement.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
These will reveal the problem of this study.
- A great lacuna between the sales of some cosmetic product and those of others.
- Inventory problem.
- Steady decline in sales generally.
- Step decrease in project.
- Trades switch to other product lines.
- Non-availability of many cosmetic products.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This research work has the following objectives.
- The bringing of the sales gap for many cosmetic products.
- To reduce the stock piling of inventory of the products.
- To halt the decline in sales generally.
- To reverse the in profits.
- To retain many cosmetics readers in the product line.
- To make for availability of many cosmetic products.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This work is important because;
- It will make for the solution of the packaging and branding problems of several cosmetic firms.
- It will synthesize a connection with respect to the Onitsha main market cosmetic’s traders.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
The prominent questions of this work are hereby a big sales gap between many cosmetics;
- Why is there a big sales gap between cosmetic products?
- How can the stop chipping cosmetics inventories be reduced?
- In what ways can the general decline in cosmetic product sales be halted?
- Why is there a decrease in the prices of cosmetic traders?
- How can many cosmetics traders be retained in cosmetic product lines?
- What are the major obstacles to the availability of many cosmetic products?
The Null hypothesis (Ho) for the study states that: branding and packaging have no effect on the sales of cosmetic products in Anambra State.
The Alternative hypothesis (Hi) states: branding and packaging have a significant effect on the sales of cosmetic product in Anambra State.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is limited to the branding and packaging of others forms of products for instance, those of industrial were not discussed.
Due to the lumping together of branding and packaging, certain detailed issues concerning the two concepts, such as brand equity were only given seat attention.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
The definitions of these terms were found to be appropriate.
- 1. Product mix: This is a set of all product and items that a particular seller offers for sale to buyers.
- 2. Product line: This is a group of product within a product mix that are closely related within because they functions in a similar manner or are sold to the same customer groups or are marketers through the same types of outlets or full within given ranges.
- 3. Products items: This is a distinct unit with a product line that is distinguishable by size, price, appearance or some characteristics.
- 4. Planning: Arrangement for something outlines drawing or considered in audience it is a conscious effort to map out strategies on how to produce and market the product.
- 5. Development: Development or being developed as regard causing to grow larger, taller or more mature.
- 6. Cosmetic: Preparation, substance (especially one that adds colour) designed to make the skin or hairs beautiful.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Although the Nigeria economy has been characterized; with importation of everything ranging from machinery to private consumption commodities...Continue Reading »
2. APPRAISAL OF THE DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM OF MADE IN NIGERIAN PAINTS (A STUDY OF THREE SELECTED PAINTS MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN ONITSHA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The distribution function is one of the marketing variables in the marketing mix. It is there...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF INTERNAL MARKETING ON ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT OF SELECTED COMMERCIAL BANKS IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH GEOPOLITICAL ZONE OF NIGERIA» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The shift toward recognizing the importance of human capital in the industrial age has led companies to chang...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The term ‘broadcast media’ is quite often mentioned these days. It is a new phenomen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Information is a vital tool in almost all fields of human endeavour and based on this one can sim...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Most of the consumers in Nigeria are ignorant of the existing laws that protect them more especia...Continue Reading »
7. BUILDING RELATIONSHIP MARKETING THROUGH ONLINE MARKETING COMMUNICATION: A SURVEY OF RETAIL STORES IN ASABA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION â€‹1.2. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY For several years, a revolution in marketing communication has been developing, that is,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Marketing plays a dominant role in the successful management of business in the world of Drucker ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The subject of Customer Relationship marketing, Customer Satisfaction and Customer Retention has become a global issue. The study sought to e...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study was conducted to determine the effects of processing techniques and packaging materials on the quality of Suya meat. Materials and...Continue Reading »