Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 146 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Distribution is the process of planning, implementing and controlling the physical flow of materials, final goods and related information from point of origin to point of consumption to meet customer requirements at a profit (Phillip Kotler and Amstrong 2001). It is the marketing function responsible for movement of products to the final users. It could be said that production is not complete until the goods reach the final users and for this to be accomplished, manufactured goods have to pass through distribution channels. The key point of this research work as concerns any business set up or organization especially one in a stiff Competitive economy like the case under consideration in this research work in respect of A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd needs to examine how it can effectively develop its distribution strategies.
Distribution strategies on its own, is a broad conception of how resources are to be deployed to build a channel (or channels) linking the producer to the consumer to insuring that the product and associated services are made available to the target segment of the market. It concerned with efficient channel arrangements that may be used to make goods and services available to customers/users by deciding on which intermediaries and marketing channel structures to be selected to move products in the most competitive and efficient manner to satisfy customer’s needs and wants. However, it is very
important to position the channel of distribution of lubricating products in strategic places where users can get them and at the right time probably by using more effective, efficient and strategic physical distribution pattern including well positioning of field salesmen, institutional distribution system of products etc.
The level of the economy has put distribution into a less important position and scarcity or short supply of products. Most management today are interested on profit maximization without due attention to the effect of distribution on the company and economy as a whole. This calls for the need for this research work to research intensively on the assessment of the effectiveness of the distribution strategies of A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd.
A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd. has made considerable progress in the area of products development to meet international standard and effective marketing of lubricating oil to meet customers taste satisfactorily at reasonable profit. The company is using the distribution channel below:
Factory→ Depot→ Mega Distributors → Sub Distributors → Final Consumers
The distribution channel is a set of firms or individual that takes title in transferring title to a particular goods as it moves from point of production to the point of consumption. The distribution channel of the company need to cover areas/markets not yet served and under served by current efforts (current level of distribution) with the aim of improving market potentials and market
share. Infact, marketing channel decisions are among the most important decisions that management faces. A company’s channels decisions are linked with every other marketing decision. The company’s pricing depends on whether it uses mass merchandisers or high quality specialty stores. The firm’s sales force and advertising decisions depend on how much persuasion, training, motivation and support the dealers need. Companies often pay too little attention to their distribution channels, however, sometimes with damaging results. In contrast, many companies have used imaginative distribution systems to gain a competitive advantage. Therefore, management must design its channels carefully with an eye on tomorrow’s likely selling environment as well as today’s.
The importance of distribution cannot be over-emphasized no matter how the economic position of the country looks like. One major raw material used in the production of A-Z lubricant is base oil. This requires smooth transportation facilities and arrangement from the point of origin to where they will be used for production of A-Z lubricants. This calls for a lot of logistics especially in the transportation of the necessary raw materials and distribution of finished products to the company’s major distributors as at when needed.
Transportation is then the pivot of the successful operation of any physical distribution system. Choice and type of transportation therefore becomes very
important since the objective is to make the products available to consumers as at the right time.
The poor road network has hampered the effectiveness of distribution and rail-way mode of transportation which would have provided an alternative transportation, has not been functional for sometime now which contributes to the high transportation cost.
Therefore, this research work is to “Assess the effectiveness of distribution strategies of A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd.
BRIEF HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF A-Z PETROLEUM PRODUCTS LTD.
A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd is owned by Chief Dr. Chika Okafor. It is one of the subsidiaries of Chicason group of companies. It is a full-service lubricating oil Blending Plant Incorporated in 1995, engaged in the research and development, production and marketing of petroleum and petrochemical products.
The company while procuring base stocks from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) through the operating licence granted by the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, employs the latest in additive and blending technology to deliver to its customers the high quality products that best meet their specific needs which led to the Company award of ISO 2000 & 2001.
A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd is founded on the tradition of total commitment to Excellence. Managed by a team of industry-trained professionals, the company combines informed industrial foresight and creative knowledge to deliver ‘State-of-art’ premium lubricants that guarantee the efficient running of motor vehicles and industrial machinery.
The Company’s products offer an exceptional combination of superior quality and economy achieved through well-researched, innovative and efficient production methods much to the benefits of the customers.
A wide range of lubricating oil products have been developed for consumers. Besides the standard prime products listed below there are other several specialty products produced for customers on order. The standard range includes:
1. MOTOR OIL
a. AZ- Crown Super Series
b. AZ- Plus Motor oil series
c. AZ- Extra GL series
d. AZ- Extra DL series
2. HYDRAULIC OIL
AZ- HL series
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Bank location is very central to the attraction of customers. According to Jonah (2003:10) locati...Continue Reading »
2. USES AND IMPACT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS STRATEGIES IN ENHANCING LOCAL GOVERNMENT REVENUE BASE (A STUDY OF EZEAGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study xiii Public relations is the task of goodwill creation directed at building harmony between a...Continue Reading »
3. IMPACT ON PATRONAGE FOR ACCOMMODATION PRODUCTS AND SERVICE, AND ATTRACTING GUESTS AND MAKING THEM A LOYAL GUEST OR CLIENT» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The hospitality industry like any other industry has been affected by so many sensitive and uncontr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is to identify the impact of Advertising on the marketing Global system for mobile (G.S.M) Communication in Enugu a case study of ...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: A STUDY OF AHIAZU MBAISE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The concept of communication is traceable to man and his origin. It is etymologically argued that...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS IN MARKETING OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE: A CASE STUDY OF PERISHABLE AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE IN BOKI L.G.A» ABSTRACT Physical distribution channels has created a created a great impact by bridging the gap between the producers and the final consumers. The in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study xv In today’s competitive business environment, the subject of social class cannot be over ...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS ON MARKETING PERFORMANCE IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF MTN NIGERIA)» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The dream of any good entrepreneur is not actually to sell what he can sell but to retain customers. In pursu...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF PUBLIC RELATIONS IN THE MARKETING OF HOSPITAL SERVICES (A CASE STUDY OF PARK-LANE HOSPITAL ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before now, hike in 1960’s public relation practice was not popular, only a few Nigerians knew what...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Sales promotion, a key ingredient in marketing campaigns; the need to promote a product, service ...Continue Reading »