Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 146 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Distribution is the process of planning, implementing and controlling the physical flow of materials, final goods and related information from point of origin to point of consumption to meet customer requirements at a profit (Phillip Kotler and Amstrong 2001). It is the marketing function responsible for movement of products to the final users. It could be said that production is not complete until the goods reach the final users and for this to be accomplished, manufactured goods have to pass through distribution channels. The key point of this research work as concerns any business set up or organization especially one in a stiff Competitive economy like the case under consideration in this research work in respect of A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd needs to examine how it can effectively develop its distribution strategies.
Distribution strategies on its own, is a broad conception of how resources are to be deployed to build a channel (or channels) linking the producer to the consumer to insuring that the product and associated services are made available to the target segment of the market. It concerned with efficient channel arrangements that may be used to make goods and services available to customers/users by deciding on which intermediaries and marketing channel structures to be selected to move products in the most competitive and efficient manner to satisfy customer’s needs and wants. However, it is very
important to position the channel of distribution of lubricating products in strategic places where users can get them and at the right time probably by using more effective, efficient and strategic physical distribution pattern including well positioning of field salesmen, institutional distribution system of products etc.
The level of the economy has put distribution into a less important position and scarcity or short supply of products. Most management today are interested on profit maximization without due attention to the effect of distribution on the company and economy as a whole. This calls for the need for this research work to research intensively on the assessment of the effectiveness of the distribution strategies of A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd.
A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd. has made considerable progress in the area of products development to meet international standard and effective marketing of lubricating oil to meet customers taste satisfactorily at reasonable profit. The company is using the distribution channel below:
Factory→ Depot→ Mega Distributors → Sub Distributors → Final Consumers
The distribution channel is a set of firms or individual that takes title in transferring title to a particular goods as it moves from point of production to the point of consumption. The distribution channel of the company need to cover areas/markets not yet served and under served by current efforts (current level of distribution) with the aim of improving market potentials and market
share. Infact, marketing channel decisions are among the most important decisions that management faces. A company’s channels decisions are linked with every other marketing decision. The company’s pricing depends on whether it uses mass merchandisers or high quality specialty stores. The firm’s sales force and advertising decisions depend on how much persuasion, training, motivation and support the dealers need. Companies often pay too little attention to their distribution channels, however, sometimes with damaging results. In contrast, many companies have used imaginative distribution systems to gain a competitive advantage. Therefore, management must design its channels carefully with an eye on tomorrow’s likely selling environment as well as today’s.
The importance of distribution cannot be over-emphasized no matter how the economic position of the country looks like. One major raw material used in the production of A-Z lubricant is base oil. This requires smooth transportation facilities and arrangement from the point of origin to where they will be used for production of A-Z lubricants. This calls for a lot of logistics especially in the transportation of the necessary raw materials and distribution of finished products to the company’s major distributors as at when needed.
Transportation is then the pivot of the successful operation of any physical distribution system. Choice and type of transportation therefore becomes very
important since the objective is to make the products available to consumers as at the right time.
The poor road network has hampered the effectiveness of distribution and rail-way mode of transportation which would have provided an alternative transportation, has not been functional for sometime now which contributes to the high transportation cost.
Therefore, this research work is to “Assess the effectiveness of distribution strategies of A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd.
BRIEF HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF A-Z PETROLEUM PRODUCTS LTD.
A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd is owned by Chief Dr. Chika Okafor. It is one of the subsidiaries of Chicason group of companies. It is a full-service lubricating oil Blending Plant Incorporated in 1995, engaged in the research and development, production and marketing of petroleum and petrochemical products.
The company while procuring base stocks from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) through the operating licence granted by the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, employs the latest in additive and blending technology to deliver to its customers the high quality products that best meet their specific needs which led to the Company award of ISO 2000 & 2001.
A-Z Petroleum Products Ltd is founded on the tradition of total commitment to Excellence. Managed by a team of industry-trained professionals, the company combines informed industrial foresight and creative knowledge to deliver ‘State-of-art’ premium lubricants that guarantee the efficient running of motor vehicles and industrial machinery.
The Company’s products offer an exceptional combination of superior quality and economy achieved through well-researched, innovative and efficient production methods much to the benefits of the customers.
A wide range of lubricating oil products have been developed for consumers. Besides the standard prime products listed below there are other several specialty products produced for customers on order. The standard range includes:
1. MOTOR OIL
a. AZ- Crown Super Series
b. AZ- Plus Motor oil series
c. AZ- Extra GL series
d. AZ- Extra DL series
2. HYDRAULIC OIL
AZ- HL series
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY African Banking Corporation which established its first branch in Lagos was the fist bank to open...Continue Reading »
2. PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION IN ROOFING SHEET AND ASSOCIATED PROBLEMS (A Case Study of East Chase Limited Enugu)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s business and marketing environment, a lot of problems are inherent, and distribution bottlene...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Consumer protection is more and more becoming a topical issue in this country. Consumers in Nigeria i...Continue Reading »
4. CHALLENGES OF FRUIT DRINK PROCESSING IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF LIFE BREWERIES NIGERIA LIMTED ONITSHA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Project in the fruit drink processing both establish and forthcoming are aimed at solving a Very ...Continue Reading »
5. MANAGEMENT OF LIFE ASSURANCE FUND IN NIGERIA INSURANCE INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF UNION ASSURANCE LIMITED)» ABSTRACT It is common to see report of business falling than business succeeding almost always, the failure or success of a business can be attributed...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This research work is on the topic: problems and prospects of marketing industrial products in Ni...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT OF FAKE DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING ON CONSUMERS PURCHASING INTENTION IN NIGERIA (CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY The essence of being in business by any business outfits is to produce for sales and profits. In order to...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN MARKETING PRODUCT AND SERVICES (A CASE STUDY OF ECO BANK ENUGU MAIN BRANCH» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Adaptation of Information Technology in Service and Product in Public Sector Organizations in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Marketing is a business that identifies unfulfilled needs and wants defines and measures their magnitude determines whic...Continue Reading »
10. AN EVALUATION OF THE CONTRIBUTION OF SALESMANSHIP TO MARKETING OF CONSUMER GOODS (A STUDY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC)» ABSTRACT This research study is on the importance of salesmanship in the marketing of consumer goods. Salesmanship has been described as the act of pe...Continue Reading »