Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research study is on the importance of salesmanship in the marketing of consumer goods. Salesmanship has been described as the act of persuading a prospective buyer to accept an organization’s product, service or idea. While the consumer market is described as constituting ultimate buyers of a product or service for their personal, non-business use.
The trend toward producer proliferation on in the market has culminated in keen competition to the extent that producers find it different to sell their produces. It is as a result of this difference that the researcher has attempted to emphasis on the importance of salesmanship in the marketing of those consumer products.
Remains of related literature focused on the meaning of selling and salesmanship, the consumer market and characteristic of consumer goods. Importance and function of the salesman as well as selling process. For reasons of in-depth analysis, description research approach have been employed in this study. A combination of personal interview, observation and questionnaires have been used as research instruments. The population standard include salesman of Unilever Nig. Plc and customer from the 5 strategic area Kaduna i.e. Ungwan Rimi, Kawo, Tudun Wada, Kakuri and Doki. The researcher uses the simple random as the sampling procedure for this research.
The statistical techniques used here is the simple percentage. The hypothesis formulated is as follows:
HI: Salesmanship contributes to marketing efficiency and productivity
HO: Salesmanship does not contribute to marketing efficiency and productivity.
The null hypothesis have therefore been rejected. The finding reveals that sales people actually influence the customer to buy, it was discovered that the company’s sales budget determines its level and that without the required selling skills, sales people cannot meet sales budgets.
Based on the findings, recommendations have been made to the sales people and producer should employ motivational strategy and effective advertisement for products. The salesman should maintain good public relations, they should be honest and avoid being rude and they should try to acquire more knowledge about the products they are selling. They should also have good language and should have a very effective dressing code.
The act of persuading customers to by either a product, service or idea would be very difficult if not for the act of salesmanship
Marketing can be defined as the managerial process involved in identifying, anticipating and satisfying customers requirements profitably. Survival of the fittest has become the order of things in the market. This is due to the variety of product and services.
As a company increases in output, in finds it difficult to dispose of this product and thus the need for salesman arises. The needs for talented sales personnel who are vigorous, zealous and are very determine arise. The company that embraces such change is sure to March forward than those who remain insensitively to such change.
Salesmanship has become a dynamic force in commercial and industrial economic e.g. we are to think both commercially and industrially then we must be able to sell one national output of raw materials goods and services continuously and at a rate of profit which will ensure meeting current commitments as demand increases
Salesmanship is concerned with a conscious or unconscious use of persuasive power salesmanship is an effective way of persuading current potentials customers to buy with lasting satisfaction. It has taken a new dimension in our economy due to the increased business activities in the production and service sectors.
Fundamental marketing orientation demands that every executives in an organization that offers something to consumers should be marketing oriented. This presupposes that every executive should ideally be a salesman, salesmanship has become a profession and sales people should be trained to operate as such.
The changes in one business environment for the year coupled with the stiff competition facing organization have made selling the most progressive and marketing oriented organization.
Telling how good your products are or getting an order is no longer the mark of good salesman in the market place for every product/services competing not at the same price, quality and daintier etc. The only advantage such a company may have on these competitions in the effective sales strategies and tactics.
Personal selling is an integral part of marketing and is one of the four elements of marketing of marketing that go to form the premix which is the component of marketing mix personal selling is particularly important why it meet special attention.
As productivity and technology shift to a higher gear, what it takes to succeed in sales is more complex and more that ever the need for human touch. This is because customer needs people/individual to explain to them and guide them in their choice among alternative products or services to differentiate between competitors and the operation of such product, this trend use off the growing importance of professional sales people.
After a product of service has been conceived, then feasibility studies is completed, the production technology developed the marketing plan completed the market testing conducted, the adverting and public relation plan produced and distributed, there still becomes a point where one person must persuade one another to buy the product or services. This summarized the significance of selling and salesmanship.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Trough selected acquisition and mergers; the company’s range of quality products is broad. These include sunlight, omo, lux, oxber, rim, breeze, reward, close-up, fresh, elide, esteem hair care range, pears baby product, Vaseline, lotus, blue band, breadeen, holsum, galaxy cream, royco and oroyo etc.
The purpose of Unilever Ltd is to meet the everyday needs of consumers everywhere in Nigeria.
A total commitment to exceptional standards of performance and productivity to working together effectively and to willingness to embrace new ideas and the learn continuously.
To uphold the higher standard of corporate behavior toward their employers, consumers and the society in which they exist in.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Many companies in Nigeria particularly producers of consumer goods have failed to give due recognition to the importance of salesmanship. The effect of this nonchalant attitude on the part of producers has resulted in persistence decline in the sales of products constantly leading to the folding up of many such companies because of the absence of efficient and qualified sales personnel to market their products.
1.3 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
The reasons behind this research study include the following:
1. It is hoped that this study will provide useful insight that will enable managers and executive to uncover people with desire sales qualities and also for individuals to determine whether they possess what it takes to be professional sales people.
2. The research would reveal the importance to salesmanship to producers of consumer goods and the need for them to design effective selling tactics and strategies in achieving the company’s corporate marketing goal.
3. This project would be an invaluable asset to the study of salesmanship and other related areas.
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This research study is therefore geared towards:
i. To identifying the importance of salesmanship in the marketing of consumer goods.
ii. To identifying the contribution of salesman to marketing efficiency and profitability company product.
iii. To examine any likely problem or obstacles faced by products in their sales efforts.
iv. To find out the relationship between companies’ sales budget and its volume.
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
The research study is base on the following statements of hypothesis.
HI: Salesmanship contributes significantly to Unilever marketing efficiency.
HO: Salesmanship does not contribute significantly to Unilever marketing efficiency.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
A research work of any study nature could not have been undergone without any constraint, especially one of these natures in particular, researching into consumer products as the importance of salesman to the delivery of the product. Below are the factors that limit the research work.
i. Time: The time given for the research work is not adequate for the research to increase the degree of accuracy is planned within a certain specified limit to time which makes it difficult to blend academic research work.
ii. Finance: The money needed for data collection (primary and secondary) is quite much in addition is the money that would be used to transport the researcher to the place of data collection and also funds (money) needed for the typing, photocopying, development of questionnaire, binding and other areas where money is needed.
iii. Inadequate data: There is the availability of very few books, journals and magazine on salesmanship and also the difficulty of getting secondary data.
iv. Uncooperative attitude of respondents: Lack of full co-operation and adequate attention by respondents is another major constraint faced by the researcher. Most of the respondents deliberately refuse to provide answers.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. CONSUMER GOODS: They are those goods and services which are destined for the ultimate consumers
2. CONSUMER MARKET: This consists of all the individual and households that buy or acquire goods and services for personal consumption.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. USES AND IMPACT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS STRATEGIES IN ENHANCING LOCAL GOVERNMENT REVENUE BASE (A STUDY OF EZEAGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study xiii Public relations is the task of goodwill creation directed at building harmony between a...Continue Reading »
2. CONSUMER ACCEPTANCE OF MADE IN NIGERIA PACKAGED FOOD PRODUCTS IN ENUGU (A STUDY OF PACKAGED COSMETICS AND FOOD PRODUCTS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In Nigeria, people are extremely careful of what they consume in terms of food intakes or applied...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP MARKETING PRACTICE ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMEs IN NIGERIA( A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Ensuring long term organizational performance is a challenge in our present technology driven and competi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY To achieve a set of organizational goals and objectives, companies conceptualize, design, and imp...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Sales promotion is an indirect form of marketing promotion inserted to stimulate quick action. As...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The rationale behind this project is to know the effect of pricing policy on sales in the beverage industry’ with reference to Coca Cola Bo...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This paper was aimed at investigating the role of internet marketing on the growth of tourism in Nigeria. This is because internet marketing ...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF ROAD TRANSPORTATION ON THE MARKETING OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE IN AKWA IBOM STATE (STUDY OF SELECTED PERISHABLE GOODS)» Abstract The aim of this study is to determine the impact of road transport network on the marketing of agricultural produce in uyo local government a...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF PERDONAL SELLING ON SALES VOLUME OF SOFT IN UYO METROPOLIS ( A CASE STUDY COCA COLA NIGERIA LIMITED)» Abstract A lot of beverages manufacturing companies in Nigeria are suffering from the piling up of unsold stocks. In recent years, Nigeria witnessed s...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON CUSTOMERS SERVICE DELIVERY (CASE STUDY OF UBA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information technology is a body of tools with the convergence of communication and computer. It ...Continue Reading »