Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 34 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
A lot has been written by many authors about new office technologies and how they have immensely affected secretarial performance. This study was therefore conducted to find out the secretary and the effect of new office technologies on record keeping management in institute of management and technology, in Enugu. As a result of this, research question were formulated as follows: -
a) Do the working environment of practicing secretaries have each of the new office equipment?
b) Are the available new office equipment being put into effective use?
c) What factors influence the availability or lack of these new office equipment?
d) How are the job performance of secretaries affected by these new office machines?
It was concluded that the acquisition of new office technologies could make secretaries more effective in the performance of their duties. Based on these findings, the following recommendations were made.
a. A reasonable purchase of these machines should be make for the practicing secretaries in Enugu.
b. This establishment should be subsidized by the management to enable them purchase more of the machines.
c. Stand-by generating plant should be purchased by these establishments that have power supply problems.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Technological advancement has ushered in drastic changes in record keeping through the introduction of new office technologies and new methods of communication. Man is an embodiment of change, his life circle is marked with different stages of metamorphosis which when it finally actualizes, adulthood is made secretarial profession, an inseparable bed fellow of management no exception. The secretary has been defined as one entrusted with secrets or confidence of a superior, or employed to handle correspondence and manage, routine and detailed work for a superior. Also Orisananya (1991) put it that, a secretary is a skilled and specialize type of employee in an establishment or part of it who is charged with some aspects of organizational functions in the unit including dealing with people’s correspondence and other business matters, with the above definitions, it can be deduced that the secretary is an important officer in any establishment and that the contribution and effectiveness of a secretary enhances the efficiency of an organization. This is the more reason that the secretary needs a proper training to be able to carry out her functions.
The training of an efficient and effective secretary should cover not any skills in shorthand and type-writing but also in other managerial skills. These skills should be backed up by appropriate demeanour and etiquette at all times. Evans (1980) noted that the secretary’s role will be supporting, but with the added requirement of technological knowledge will encompass data administration and information management, allowing the secretary to analysis complex situations and submit practical recommendation.
With the introduction of these new machines, people are trained to acquire new skill for operating them. It is therefore, noted that proper record keeping makes it easier for information to be retrieved for use with a lot of ease. This, of course, had tended to reduce the work lead of a secretary.
Even though a lot of charges have begun in technology, the question now is how to improve the secretary with the new office technologies for record keeping? The advantage of such purpose may be derive from the use of these new office technologies need not to be over-emphasized. Therefore, their presence and effective utilization is essential.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BLACKSMITHS AND FARMERS IN KAMURU DISTRICT OF ZANGON KATAF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ZANGON KATAF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The blacksmithing industry is one of the economic acti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Perfume product is very important to the health of the human being. It is used for preserving the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research focuses on evaluating consumers Patronage of Consumer Cooperative Stores. A cross sectional survey of two hundred (200) members ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The ultimate aim of any manufacturing organization is the production of quality good and service and the satisfaction of ...Continue Reading »
5. Leadership Styles and their Impact on Employee Productivity (A case study of Kaduna Refinery and Petrochemical Company)» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The importance of leadership in an organization can not be overemphasized. Leadership is a major e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Oparah (2003) described a computer as an electronic device that is capable of solving problem...Continue Reading »
7. TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT AND ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE (CASE OF THE PROMISE FAST FOOD, PORTHARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY In 2003, as a result of international pressure and as a condition for the lifting of UN sanctions Nigeria...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Customer satisfaction has long been recognized in marketing thought and practice as a central con...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
10. THE INFLUENCE OF COOPERATIVE SOCIETIES TOWARDS RURAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF NSIT UBIUM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT The cooperative has played a key role in rural development and always recognized as an integral part of our local economy. Cooperative has id...Continue Reading »