The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
Office machines and equipments being used in business office today have accounted tremendously to the present and provide less fatigue work for secretaries in modern business organization.
The growth of modern business fiends has made it mandatory that all manner of practitioner in business fields should be well informed on the various aspect of office equipment and machinery that are used in daily performance of office functions. the usage of these machines and equipment must be dependent on, various factors namely:- the type of job, how sophisticated the job requiring the machine is, the amount of capital at the disposal of the organization in the purchase of such equipment, the range of equipment at the disposal of the user etc.
There are now, wide variety of modern office equipment which serves secretaries purpose.
Eze (1983) says that the increasing demand of modern industrial, political and social engineering technology have compounded information, expanded unimaginably the scope and depth of human knowledge and rendered the gathering far beyond traditional human labour and tools. To this end, the introduction of a new technology in the form of modern office equipment precipitates change in the nature of office work.
Ajakemo (1995) sated that the tremendous growth of business coupled with their complexities and ever-keener completion among various business organization among others have increased the need for modern office machines and equipment. Today, increasing technological dependence, high volume, information requirements and the importance and value of the human resource have mounted a lot of pressure on the management of most business organization to look elsewhere for shaper tools which not only relievers man from both physical and mental strain but help to enhance productivity.
As industries are growing every day, manual labour alone can no longer contain the requirements of office work requiring high volume data collection, analysis and communication. Beside, some machines prevent fraud like the cheques writing machines and also help to increase efficiency, accuracy, and appearance of documents such as memo, graphs, letters etc. Hence, no office can exist and function effectively without modern office machines and equipment.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
We have been putting forward the argument that for the need of office machines, but it is important that I equally take of the problems associated with secretaries and office equipments and the machines in their places of works.
Secretaries usually perform a variety of tasks requiring different skills. The need to improve the quality of information has are created wide speed interest at present office technology and hence more sophisticate equipment are being used increasing in office.
Obviously growth in size, complexity of business and ever-keener competition of business organizations are mounting a lot of pressure on the management of these organization to look for shaper tools in physical production and in mental work, such as problem recognition, analysis, memory and communication to achieve understanding. Besides, technological advances in office machines and related equipment to meet administrative needs are now progressing with amazing speed.
Secretaries see increase in information technology as a challenge and also as a threat to their job or profession.
This problem and anxiety in the minds of office workers, it is likely to lead to a drastic reduction in production in most office.
Finally, this situation calls for serious policies by management deal with the problem, which psychologically destroys the mental and emotional state of workers.
PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this study are:-
1. To identity the contributions of office machines to an organization.
2. To identity the problems associated with modern office equipment.
3. To identity the prospects associated with the use of modern office equipment.
4. To identity what should be considered before purchasing a new machine.
The following questions have been asked as a guide to the questions of the study.
1. What are the contributions of modern equipment to the organization?
2. What are the problems associated with the use of modern office equipment on secretarial staff of NNPC Enugu?
3. What are the prospects of using modern office equipment in an organization?
4. What are the items to be considered before purchasing a new machine?
DEFINITION OF MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT
Modern office equipment is the name given to all the newly invented electronic machines that are being introduced in the offices as a result of additional increase in production. Office equipment includes all terms of machines and furniture that facilitate office operations.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF AN AUDITOR IN THE ACHIEVEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVES ( A CASE STUDY OF NESTLE PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Internal audit is an independent appraisal function established by the management of an organisation for the review of the ...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 165 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Production planning and control is simply the analysis involved in transforming raw material or c...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 155 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study According to Okoh (2004), Nigeria has the biggest university system in sub Saharan Africa with 11...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 96 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
4. EFFECTS OF GLOBALIZATION ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF DOMESTIC MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF DANGOTE FLOUR MILL PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Globalization could simply be described as the integration of national economies through trade in...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 147 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» ABSTRACT The objective of this research work contains working capital management as a tool for minimization and profit maximization with particular re...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 189 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Small and medium scaled enterprises (SMEs) are no longer exempt from environmental conditions tha...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 404 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
7. EVALUATION OF CAPITAL BUDGETING AS A TOOL USED BY MANAGEMENT IN DECISION MAKING OF MANUFACTURING COMPANIES WITH REGARDS TO 7UP BOTTLING COMPANIES OF N...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Capital budgeting is the process by which firms determine how to invest their capital. Included i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 113 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The management of time is an issue which is fundamental to job performance. In the past, attention to...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 191 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
9. CAUSES OF CONFLICT BETWEEN SECRETARIES AND BOSSES IN ANAMBRA STATE OWNED ESTABLISHMENT (AHOCOL COMPANY AWKA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study A secretary is an assistant to an executive possessing mastery of office skills and ability to assume...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 147 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY How much motivation and job satisfaction do workers need or get toward executing their duties eff...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 184 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT