The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 Background of the study
Certain cardinal factors determine the success and growth of any organization one of the factors is the personnel department in any given organization. This personnel policies and programms are usually initiated and formulated by the personnel department headed by a personnel Director/ Manager or individual relation officer as the organization deems fit.This research work tends to investigate personnel policies as it affects promotion of staff recruitment of personnel and disciplinary measure against every staff of the ANAMCO Limited. The function of this personnel department linger on the above area of concern in an organization it is also pertinent to point out here that a well concerned set and effective implementation of personnel policies help the management to a achieve the cooperate objective of an organization.This policies when being formulated should be in line with the organization culture and those the business environment. The concept of this culture is important to our modern managers as if goes a long way to influence the organizational structure leadership philosophy selection discipline and salary and wages administration among other. This culture embraces the values shared beliefs and sentiments interest to the individual with a given society or its subdivision. A careful study will reveal the influences or effects of personnel policies on organization effectiveness. A case company (ANAMMCO) Enugu on which thus research is being carried out. In the past many profit and non-profit oriented enterprises did not realized the important race personnel department plays in realizing the organizational objective. The major functions then were that of welfare services. But in the recent past personnel started to recognized as a major tool in achieving the co-operation objectives of any organization and these function now include initiation and formulation of personnel policies advice to the management and development and training recruitment and selection salary relations promotion and disciplines e.t.c. many organization now cannot successfully operate without those notable roles performed by the personnel department. A good set of personnel policies if well implemented ensures greater organization effectiveness. This is the more reason why the personnel department is not given a pride of place in any organization policy formulation, some vital areas as seen under the personneldepartment function are usually taken into consideration. The culture of the people and society is also considered so that more effective and goal oriented policies are made.The researcher study of (ANAMMCO) Ltd Enugu will show the various effects of personnel policies on the organizational effectiveness.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The main objectives of this study are to provide a suggestive solutions to the problems associated with the initiation formulation and implementation of personnel policies in organization.
The end of the project shall provide us with the system that can be used to achieve the following objectives.
(1) To create awareness for managers of organization on the various personnel policies and their effects.
(2) To assist our modern manager / entrepreneurs of business organization on the most effective way of formulating and implementing policies to achieve the set objectives.
(3) To create awareness on the need for training and development of manpower in order to adapt to new changes and policies in an organization.
(4) To provide warmly signals on some of the ineffective policies that may not serve the purpose sought for due to the following:
(i) Deficiency in their formulation.
(ii) The mode of implementing and
(iii) Non-compliance and attendant consequences associated with such.
(5) In particular, the project will help ANAMMCO address itself to areas of its weakness and to be able to come out with effective result.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The major objectives of the study are:
1. To ascertain the effect of personnel policies on organizational effectiveness
2. To ascertain if personnel policies have any significant impact on organizational profitability.
3. To determine the efficiency of personnel policies and development in organizational growth.
4. To determine the extent at which effective personnel policies can enhance productivity in order to reduce poor performance in organization
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: there is no effect of personnel policies on organizational effectiveness
H1: there is effect of personnel policies on organizational effectiveness
H02: personnel policieshave no significant impact on organizational profitability
H2:personnel policieshave significant impact on organizational profitability
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is believed that at the completion of the study, the findings will be of benefit to the any organization. . The study will also be of great benefit to the researchers who intends to embark on research on similar topics as it will serve as a guide. Finally, the study will be of great importance to academia’s, lecturers, teachers, students and the general public.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers effect of personnel policies on organizational effectiveness.The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
PERSONNEL: People employed in an organization or engaged in an organized undertaking such as military service.
POLICY: A policy is a deliberate system of principles to guide decisions and achieve rational outcomes. A policy is a statement of intent, and is implemented as a procedure or protocol.
ORGANIZATION: An organization or organization is an entity comprising multiple people, such as an institution or an association, that has a collective goal and is linked to an external environment.
EFFECTIVENESS: The degree to which something is successful in producing a desired result; success.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION. 1.1 Background to the study. Employee performance is a fundamental component that facilitates organizational growth and sust...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 101 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
2. IMPACT OF CORPORATE STRATEGY ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS LISTED ON THE NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Corporate strategy is part of managerial economics that described the scope and direction of an o...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 175 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
3. EFFECT OF TALENT MANAGEMENT ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NESTLE NIGERIA LIMITED)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The ultimate goal of every business organization is to increase the sale of goods and service tha...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 190 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
4. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF CHANGE MANAGEMENT ON JOB SATISFACTION IN FIRST BANK NIGERIA HOLDINGS (FBNH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The research is to assess the effect of change management on job satisfaction. Change is an effor...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 220 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» ABSTRACT The construction project is a complex and challenging process that may present many risks on different levels. That process calls upon the go...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 304 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
6. THE IMPACT OF SOCIO- ECONOMIC CHARACTERISTICS ON LOAN REPAYMENT, AMONG COOPERATIVE ENTERPRISES IN OSHIMILI SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT This research study adopted an econometric analysis on The Impact of Socio Economic Characteristics On Loan Repayment Among Cooperative Enter...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 50 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
7. EVALUATION FOR MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT POLICIES (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY (NDA), KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The importance of employing good evaluation in improving manpower development cannot be over ...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 50 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» Abstract This project work is primarily covered with Leadership Style and their impact on employee productivity. A case study of Total Nigeria Plc Kac...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 152 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
9. THE ROLE OF MERGER AND ACQUISITION AS A STRATEGY FOR ORGANIZATIONAL SURVIVAL IN NIGERIA AND HAS CHOSEN OANDO NIGERIA PLC» ABSTRACT Merger and acquisition has been widely acclaimed by scholars and professionals in business as the most desirable and effective strategy to re...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 310 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The two primary objectives of every business are profitability and solvency. Profitability is the...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 124 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT