Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Library is the back bone of every sound education. Library is regarded as the store house of information and knowledge. Students should be able to use the library to enable them solve their problems. They need to acquire information in order to expand their knowledge and understanding; students should use the library to do their assignments, research and preparation of their examination. Regular consultation of library materials can help students to achieve them.
According to Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, library is defied as a room or building containing books that can be looked at or borrowed or a set of books, records etc. that are produced by the same company and have the same general appearance.
According to encyclopedia Americana, the word library is derived from the Latin word libber. Meaning “book” the library initially stocked collections of clay tablets, papyrus and even scrolls were housed in libraries long before the concept of the book emerged.
In other words the library is a place where books and non book materials are kept for consultation of the users. Library is referred as a store house of information. Library stores the intellectual records of the society, retrieve and decimate them for the benefit of the society. Library as an institution has the responsibility of collecting books and other information materials and make them available to people for reading, study or reference.
People use library resources to obtain information of personal interest or to obtain recreational materials such as films and novels. Students use library to supplement and enhance their classroom experiences, to learn skills in locating sources of information and to develop good reading and study habits. Public officers use libraries to research on legislation and public policy issues. They provide information and services that are important to learning and progress.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Users patronage of the institute of management and Technology Enugu library.
The institute of management and Technology Enugu library was as old as parent organization. It was established in 1973. The library was formerly located in campus (II) of the institution with a branch in campus (III). But in 2002, the library was located in campus (III) fully with the construction of new library of congress in campus III. The library has 480,000 volumes of books. It has been growing from strength to strength. The library consists of the following Sections/Departments. Cataloguing and classification Department, Bindery and acquisition Department, Serials/ Government Document Department.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
This project is to find out the problems that libraries in our Country are facing, for example inadequate use of library both Academic library and other types of libraries inadequate trained staff or libraries who will be guiding or directing students.
Poor finding of the libraries, especially Academic library, it faces the problem of money to acquire their materials. Un conducive atmosphere such as noisy environment.
Inadequate strategic position where the library should be situated for easy entrance of people, for effective use of library by students and others, these problems must be solved.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to investigate the quality of students’ patronage of the institute of management and Technology library Enugu as stated in the following objectives.
(1) To determine who are the users of the institute of management and Technology Enugu library.
(2) To find out what collection development exists in the library.
(3) To asses the teaching of use of library.
(4) To find out how effectively the library holdings will made use of the library.
(5) To examine the quality of the library staff.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is focused on the users patronage of the institute of management and Technology Enugu library. This study is within the institution. The students to study are the old students, this group of peoples are choose because they have been in the school for a long period. They have acquainted with the school environment.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Since Academic library is part of the parent organization, students of the institution are advice to be making effective use of library because it was established for the benefit of students. Academic library plays a vital role of teaching, research, dissemination of information and serve people that live around the area. In academic library, materials are provided to support learning as well provides materials that will assist students in their own personal reading and self development. This project serves as a reference point of other schools and libraries because after reading it amendment can be made to their own library. It helps them to know the areas where they will play a vital role in the educational upliftment of the student in the library. It will serve as a reference point to the researchers as well as draw the attention of the government both state and federal government to the importation of library to an individual. It will attract the attention of those students who find it difficult to use library, it will help them to make library their second home.
1.6a RESEARCH QUESTIONS
 Who are the users of the institute of Management and Technology Enugu library?
 What collection development problems exist in the library?
 How effectively is the library holdings are made use of?
 How does the library staff relate to students in finding their needed information?
 The students of institute of Management and Technology Enugu are the users’ of institute of Management and Technology Enugu library.
 The collection Development problems exist in the institute of Management and Technology Enugu library are science and engineering materials.
 The library holdings are made effectively in the Institute of Management and Technology Enugu library everyday but the peak period is during the examination.
 The staff of the Institute of Management and Technology Enugu library helps them in finding their needed information.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
According to oxford Advance Learners Dictionary. User’s are defined as a person or thing that uses something.
Patronage is defined as the support, especially financial, that is given to a person or to an organization by a portion.
According to Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary, Institution is defined as a large important organization that has a particular purpose for example a University or bank.
According to Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary Management is defined as the act of running and controlling a business or similar organization.
According to Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary Technology is defined as scientific knowledge used in practical ways in industry, for example in designing new machine.
According to Advanced Learners Dictionary, Library is defined as a building in which collections of books, tapes, news papers etc are kept for people to read, study or borrow.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE PROBLEMS OF ACQUISITION OF MATERIAL AND SERVICES TO USERS IN SPECIAL LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY)» ABSTRACT This is a research on problems of acquisition of materials and services to users in special libraries in Nigeria. A case study of Imo State H...Continue Reading »
2. LIBRARIANS’ USE OF WEB 2.0 TOOLS AND SERVICE PROVISION IN LAGOS STATE TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS LIBRARIES» ABSTRACT With the growing recognition of the potentials of Web 2.0 tools, a lot of academic libraries are adopting the technologies and investing heav...Continue Reading »
3. ACCESSIBILITY, USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES AND RESEARCH OUTPUT OF LIBRARIANS IN UNIVERSITIES IN EKITI, ONDO AND OSUN STATES, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The accessibility of electronic information resources enhances librarians research output by providing various information needed for researc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work was designed to examine the utilization of library resources by lecturers in University of Agriculture, Makurdi. The speci...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF REFERENCE AND INFORMATION SERVICES IN STATE TEACHING HOSPITAL MEDICAL LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This project examine Reference and Information Services in State Teaching Hospital medical libraries in the South East Nigeria with a view to...Continue Reading »
6. BOOK EXHIBITION AS A MARKETING STRATEGY FOR LIBRARY SERVICES IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN NORTH – EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research work investigated book exhibition as a marketing strategy for improving library services in three academic libraries. A descrip...Continue Reading »
7. AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) FACILITIES AT DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE» ABSTRACT This study presents a detailed and critical review of the alternative dispute resolution as a non judicial mechanism for the settlement of ...Continue Reading »
8. ACCESSIBILITY AND UTILIZATION OF REFERENCE RESOURCES AND SERVICES BY STUDENTS IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN ANAMBRA AND ENUGU STATES OF NIGERIA» Abstract This study investigated accessibility and utilization of reference and information resources and services by students in four Colleges of Edu...Continue Reading »
9. KNOWLEDGE CREATION, TRANSFER AND PRODUCT INNOVATION IN AGRO-ALLIED FOOD COMPANIES IN ONDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT It is generally accepted that the innovative activities of an organization depends strongly on her ability to create and transfer knowledge. ...Continue Reading »
10. RECORDS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, COMPUTER LITERACY SKILLS AND JOB PERFORMANCE OF REGISTRY STAFF OF UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Best records management practices and computer literacy skills promote job performance of university registry staff through the records they ...Continue Reading »