Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
With the growing recognition of the potentials of Web 2.0 tools, a lot of academic libraries are adopting the technologies and investing heavily in training programs for their staffs in order to improve their operations. It is however not certain whether Web 2.0 tools are actually being used for service provision and the extent to which they have positively influenced service provision in academic libraries hence, this study examines the influence of librarians’ use of Web 2.0 tools on library service provision in Lagos state tertiary institutions.
The target population employed in this study consists of all professional and paraprofessional’s library staff in tertiary institutions libraries in Lagos State. Total enumerative technique was used to select all librarians in the study area. In all, a total of 196 respondents both male and female were used for the purpose of this study. Structured questionnaire was used to obtain relevant information about the topic of the study. The questionnaire was validated and the reliability co-efficient obtained was 0.76. Data were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics. while mean and standard deviation was used to analyze the six research questions. The hypothesis in the study was analyzed with simple regression analysis.
Web 2.0 Tools are available and are being used by librarian to provide innovative services in tertiary institutions libraries in Lagos state. Librarians used all the web 2.0 tools for various purposes mostly for communication, research, job enhancement, and for leisure. The extent of use for service provision by librarians is about average, this is becauseall the web 2.0 tools are not being used to a very high extent. Web 2.0 tools were mostly used for documenting and uploading lecture files, harvesting user comments/suggestions, sharing videos and files and informing users about new items and events. Librarians in Lagos State tertiary institutions were skilled adequately in the use of web 2.0 technologies. Some of the challenges limiting the use of web 2.0 tools were technical hitches, erratic power supply, and restrictive institutional polices. The use of web 2.0 tools has a significant influence on service provision by librarian in the tertiary institution libraries in Lagos state with the value of R2 = 0.188 ( = .433; t = 6.693; p< 0.05).
The study therefore concluded, that the use of web 2.0 tools has great potentials for library service provision, however there is need for academic library management in tertiary institutions in Lagos state to formulate policy statement that will guide the conduct and use of web base technology, address the current poor internet connectivity and inadequate power situation in order to explore and use web-based innovations for innovative information service delivery and draw patrons to the library.
Keywords: Web 2.0 Tools, Service Provision, Academic Libraries, Librarians, Lagos State
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. APPLICATION OF MARKEDNESS ON JUKUN WORD ORDER. IMPLICATIONS ON THE JUKUN SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNER.» Chapter One INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Markedness theory holds that certain elements in the linguistic system have an interrelationship ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 41 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. EVALUATION OF THE RESOURCES AND SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE MTN FOUNDATION DIGITAL LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES» Abstract ix This study was conducted to evaluate the resources and services of the MTN Foundation Digital Libraries in Nigerian universities. This is ...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 103 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. EXTENT OF LIBRARY UTILIZATION BY STUDENTS OF VETERINARY MEDICINE IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN THE SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the extent of library utilization by students of veterinary medicine in two federal universities in south east geopol...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 101 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. ICT SKILLS, INFORMATION LITERACY AND USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES BY STUDENTS OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The use of Electronic Information Resources (EIRs) has become inevitable for higher education students in the digital age, given the volume o...Continue Reading »
136 pages | 110 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. ICT COMPETENCIES OF LIBRARY STAFF AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, FCT AND UNIVERSITY OF JOS, PLATAEU STATE.» ABSTRACT This study investigated the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) competencies of library staff in the University of Abuja, FCT and ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 101 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. INFORMATION NEEDS AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (The Case Study Of Imo State Library Board, Owerri)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the importance of information in dail...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 221 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. INFLUENCE OF ICT LITERACY SKILLS ON ITS APPLICATION FOR LIBRARY USE AMONG ACADEMIC LIBRARIANS IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study investigated the influence of ICT literacy on its application for library services by academic librarians. The study was guided by ...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 45 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. RECORDS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, COMPUTER LITERACY SKILLS AND JOB PERFORMANCE OF REGISTRY STAFF OF UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Best records management practices and computer literacy skills promote job performance of university registry staff through the records they ...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 89 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. ASSESSMENT OF REFERENCE AND INFORMATION SERVICES TO UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN ENUGU AND ANAMBRA STATES» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to assess reference and information services rendered to the undergraduate students in federal university libraries ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 56 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT, JOB SATISFACTION AND EMPLOYEES’ COMMITMENT IN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH-EAST GEO-POLITICAL ZONE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The success and failure of every institution largely depends on employees’ commitment. Institutional support and job satisfaction are consi...Continue Reading »
186 pages | 40 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE