The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
With the growing recognition of the potentials of Web 2.0 tools, a lot of academic libraries are adopting the technologies and investing heavily in training programs for their staffs in order to improve their operations. It is however not certain whether Web 2.0 tools are actually being used for service provision and the extent to which they have positively influenced service provision in academic libraries hence, this study examines the influence of librarians’ use of Web 2.0 tools on library service provision in Lagos state tertiary institutions.
The target population employed in this study consists of all professional and paraprofessional’s library staff in tertiary institutions libraries in Lagos State. Total enumerative technique was used to select all librarians in the study area. In all, a total of 196 respondents both male and female were used for the purpose of this study. Structured questionnaire was used to obtain relevant information about the topic of the study. The questionnaire was validated and the reliability co-efficient obtained was 0.76. Data were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics. while mean and standard deviation was used to analyze the six research questions. The hypothesis in the study was analyzed with simple regression analysis.
Web 2.0 Tools are available and are being used by librarian to provide innovative services in tertiary institutions libraries in Lagos state. Librarians used all the web 2.0 tools for various purposes mostly for communication, research, job enhancement, and for leisure. The extent of use for service provision by librarians is about average, this is becauseall the web 2.0 tools are not being used to a very high extent. Web 2.0 tools were mostly used for documenting and uploading lecture files, harvesting user comments/suggestions, sharing videos and files and informing users about new items and events. Librarians in Lagos State tertiary institutions were skilled adequately in the use of web 2.0 technologies. Some of the challenges limiting the use of web 2.0 tools were technical hitches, erratic power supply, and restrictive institutional polices. The use of web 2.0 tools has a significant influence on service provision by librarian in the tertiary institution libraries in Lagos state with the value of R2 = 0.188 ( = .433; t = 6.693; p< 0.05).
The study therefore concluded, that the use of web 2.0 tools has great potentials for library service provision, however there is need for academic library management in tertiary institutions in Lagos state to formulate policy statement that will guide the conduct and use of web base technology, address the current poor internet connectivity and inadequate power situation in order to explore and use web-based innovations for innovative information service delivery and draw patrons to the library.
Keywords: Web 2.0 Tools, Service Provision, Academic Libraries, Librarians, Lagos State
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INVOLVEMENT OF GOVERNMENT AND NON-GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRIMARY SCHOOL LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST OF NIGERIA 1980-2010» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to trace and document the history of agency involvement in the development of primary school libraries in Southeast...Continue Reading »
202 pages | 9 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. ATTITUDE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS TOWARDS THE ACADEMIC USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES IN TWO FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN ENUGU AND ANAMBRA STATE...» ABSTRACT This study examined the attitude of undergraduate students towards academic use of electronic information resources in two federal universiti...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 9 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The study is on consultancy services in first generation federal university libraries in Nigeria. The study was carried out with these purpos...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 48 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This research investigated management and use of grey literature in academic libraries in Niger State. The purpose of it is to identify types...Continue Reading »
113 pages | 11 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT, JOB SATISFACTION AND EMPLOYEES’ COMMITMENT IN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH-EAST GEO-POLITICAL ZONE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The success and failure of every institution largely depends on employees’ commitment. Institutional support and job satisfaction are consi...Continue Reading »
186 pages | 10 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. MEETING HEALTH INFORMATION NEEDS OF PEOPLE WITH HIV AND AIDS THROUGH PUBLIC LIBRARY SERVICES IN BENUE STATE» ABSTRACT The study is on meeting the health information needs of people living with HIV and AIDS through public library services in Benue State. Five ...Continue Reading »
152 pages | 15 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. ESTABLISHMENT OF HYBRID LIBRARY SERVICES IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES OF THE NORTH-CENTRAL ZONE OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the establishment of hybrid library services in federal university libraries of the North Central zone of Nigeria. It...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 66 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. INFORMATION NEEDS AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (The Case Study Of Imo State Library Board, Owerri)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the importance of information in dail...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 184 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. APPLICATION OF MARKEDNESS ON JUKUN WORD ORDER. IMPLICATIONS ON THE JUKUN SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNER.» Chapter One INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Markedness theory holds that certain elements in the linguistic system have an interrelationship ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 7 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS, COMPUTER SELF-EFFICACY AND E-RESOURCES USE BY POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIESIN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The introduction of new technologies has had a significant influence on teaching, learning and research activities in universities. This has ...Continue Reading »
167 pages | 7 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE