The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 77 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
Lecturers are expected to use Electronic Information Resources (EIR) to improve their research and teaching. However, it is not certain if private universities lecturers are effective in their teaching work or not, or if the skills needed to retrieve EIR for teaching effectiveness are lacking as research has indicated that the use of EIR by lecturers generally depend on their ability to locate discrete knowledge elements. The study investigated lecturers’ EIR retrieval skills, use and teaching effectiveness in private universities in Monrovia, Liberia.
The survey research design was adopted in this study. The population of the study was the lecturers in the seven private universities in Monrovia with a population of 557, out of which four were randomly selected, with a sample size of 287 lecturers. The overall reliability test for the questionnaire was 0.85 Cronbach’s alpha (α). The Questionnaire titled “Lecturers’ electronic information resources retrieval skills, use and teaching effectiveness questionnaire” was the instrument used for data collection. Out of 287 copies of the questionnaire distributed, only 181 (63%) were retrieved, valid, and used for analysis. The data collected were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics, Linear Regression, and Correlation.
The study established that there were more male lecturers (156, 86%)) than female (25, 14%) in the private universities in Monrovia, Liberia. Most of the lecturers hold Master’s Degree (126, 70%), and few were Ph.D. Degree holders (17, 9%). The availability of EIR to lecturers was low because most lecturers did not have the retrieval skills, and only a few use them for teaching. The results of the hypotheses showed that: EIR retrieval skills contributed 93.1% of lecturers’ ability to use of EIR, and there was a significant relationship between EIR retrieval skills and EIR use (R2 = .931, P<.05).; The higher the lecturers’ retrieval skills of EIR, the higher their teaching effectiveness as indicated by (r = .822, p < .05), and there was a significant relationship between lecturers’ retrieval skills and teaching effectiveness; The use of EIR contributed 76.8% of the variation in lecturers’ teaching effectiveness, and EIR use significantly enhanced lecturers’ teaching effectiveness; EIR retrieval skills and use were joint predictors of teaching effectiveness of lecturers (F =307.419, p<.05), and analysis of coefficient of determination revealed that EIR retrieval skills and use jointly contributed 77.5% to the variation in teaching effectiveness of lecturers (R2 = .775, P<.05) positively.
The study concluded that when university lecturers had EIR retrieval skills, they could easily access EIR for teaching. The following recommendations were made based on the result of the findings: Private universities administrators in Monrovia should make available and encourage their lecturers to use EIR for teaching. They should provide training facilities for lecturers on the use of ICT and the use of EIR. In addition, the researcher would work with universities administrations and lecturers to promote the need and use of EIR for teaching and help train lecturers on EIR retrieval skills.
Keywords: Electronic information resources (EIR), EIR retrieval skills, Use of EIR, Use of EIR retrieval skills, teaching effectiveness, Private universities,
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN USER SERVICES OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» Abstract This study investigated the utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in user services of federal university libraries in...Continue Reading »
122 pages | 5 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. LIBRARIANS’ USE OF WEB 2.0 TOOLS AND SERVICE PROVISION IN LAGOS STATE TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS LIBRARIES» ABSTRACT With the growing recognition of the potentials of Web 2.0 tools, a lot of academic libraries are adopting the technologies and investing heav...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 90 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. INVOLVEMENT OF GOVERNMENT AND NON-GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRIMARY SCHOOL LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST OF NIGERIA 1980-2010» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to trace and document the history of agency involvement in the development of primary school libraries in Southeast...Continue Reading »
202 pages | 10 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. INFORMATION BEHAVIOUR AND WORK EFFECTIVENESS OF PHYSICIANS IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS IN EDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Physicians, as health care providers, require information to effectively carry out their duties. They need relevant, accurate and up to date ...Continue Reading »
114 pages | 41 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. ASSESSMENT OF REFERENCE AND INFORMATION SERVICES TO UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN ENUGU AND ANAMBRA STATES» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to assess reference and information services rendered to the undergraduate students in federal university libraries ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 16 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. INFLUENCE OF PATIENT RECORDS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, DISEASE SURVEILLANCE AND NOTIFICATION SYSTEMS ON EPIDEMIC CONTROL IN OSUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT An epidemic free environment enhances the health status of all citizens in the community. The passive disease surveillance and notification s...Continue Reading »
133 pages | 59 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study set out to examine disaster control measures in academic libraries in Nasarawa State of Nigeria. It was guided by five research qu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 9 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The research work carried out was Job satisfaction among academic librarians in academic libraries in Niger State. The general objective of t...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 10 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. THE CLASSIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE DEVELOPMENT BY TECHNICAL LIBRARIANS IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN ANAMBRA STATE.» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this work was to investigation classification and knowledge development by technical librarians in academic libraries in...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. ICT SKILLS, INFORMATION LITERACY AND USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES BY STUDENTS OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The use of Electronic Information Resources (EIRs) has become inevitable for higher education students in the digital age, given the volume o...Continue Reading »
136 pages | 73 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE