Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 77 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Lecturers are expected to use Electronic Information Resources (EIR) to improve their research and teaching. However, it is not certain if private universities lecturers are effective in their teaching work or not, or if the skills needed to retrieve EIR for teaching effectiveness are lacking as research has indicated that the use of EIR by lecturers generally depend on their ability to locate discrete knowledge elements. The study investigated lecturers’ EIR retrieval skills, use and teaching effectiveness in private universities in Monrovia, Liberia.
The survey research design was adopted in this study. The population of the study was the lecturers in the seven private universities in Monrovia with a population of 557, out of which four were randomly selected, with a sample size of 287 lecturers. The overall reliability test for the questionnaire was 0.85 Cronbach’s alpha (α). The Questionnaire titled “Lecturers’ electronic information resources retrieval skills, use and teaching effectiveness questionnaire” was the instrument used for data collection. Out of 287 copies of the questionnaire distributed, only 181 (63%) were retrieved, valid, and used for analysis. The data collected were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics, Linear Regression, and Correlation.
The study established that there were more male lecturers (156, 86%)) than female (25, 14%) in the private universities in Monrovia, Liberia. Most of the lecturers hold Master’s Degree (126, 70%), and few were Ph.D. Degree holders (17, 9%). The availability of EIR to lecturers was low because most lecturers did not have the retrieval skills, and only a few use them for teaching. The results of the hypotheses showed that: EIR retrieval skills contributed 93.1% of lecturers’ ability to use of EIR, and there was a significant relationship between EIR retrieval skills and EIR use (R2 = .931, P<.05).; The higher the lecturers’ retrieval skills of EIR, the higher their teaching effectiveness as indicated by (r = .822, p < .05), and there was a significant relationship between lecturers’ retrieval skills and teaching effectiveness; The use of EIR contributed 76.8% of the variation in lecturers’ teaching effectiveness, and EIR use significantly enhanced lecturers’ teaching effectiveness; EIR retrieval skills and use were joint predictors of teaching effectiveness of lecturers (F =307.419, p<.05), and analysis of coefficient of determination revealed that EIR retrieval skills and use jointly contributed 77.5% to the variation in teaching effectiveness of lecturers (R2 = .775, P<.05) positively.
The study concluded that when university lecturers had EIR retrieval skills, they could easily access EIR for teaching. The following recommendations were made based on the result of the findings: Private universities administrators in Monrovia should make available and encourage their lecturers to use EIR for teaching. They should provide training facilities for lecturers on the use of ICT and the use of EIR. In addition, the researcher would work with universities administrations and lecturers to promote the need and use of EIR for teaching and help train lecturers on EIR retrieval skills.
Keywords: Electronic information resources (EIR), EIR retrieval skills, Use of EIR, Use of EIR retrieval skills, teaching effectiveness, Private universities,
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MANAGEMENT OF SPECIAL COLLECTIONS IN A PERIOD OF REDUCED FUNDING: A CASE STUDY OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE LIBRARY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA» THESIS ABSTRACT The objective of this research was to investigate the management of the Special Collection Division in a period of reduced funding in ...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATION OF THE RESOURCES AND SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE MTN FOUNDATION DIGITAL LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES» Abstract ix This study was conducted to evaluate the resources and services of the MTN Foundation Digital Libraries in Nigerian universities. This is ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the extent of librarians’ motivation in public libraries in South east geopolitical zone of Nigeria, comprising...Continue Reading »
4. DEVELOPMENT OF LIBRARY PERIOD PROGRAMME FOR TEACHING INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN NSUKKA.» ABSTRACT This study aimed at developing library period programme for teaching information literacy skills. In the study, library period programme (LPP...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.Background of the study Libraries are established either by the government, individuals or corporate organizations for th...Continue Reading »
6. JOB SATISFACTION AND PERFORMANCE OF LIBRARIANS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study examined job satisfaction and performance of librarians in Federal University Libraries in South East Nigeria. The study was guide...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF PATIENT RECORDS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, DISEASE SURVEILLANCE AND NOTIFICATION SYSTEMS ON EPIDEMIC CONTROL IN OSUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT An epidemic free environment enhances the health status of all citizens in the community. The passive disease surveillance and notification s...Continue Reading »
8. AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF ELECTRONIC RESOURCES BY UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS OF MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE AND ABIA STATE UNI...» ABSTRACT The purpose of the study was to investigate the availability and utilisation of library’s e resources by undergraduates of Michael Okpa...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study explains preservation and conservation of library materials. In order to achieve this, causes of deterioration of library materials...Continue Reading »
10. INFORMATION NEEDS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS: A CASE STUDY OF ESUT TEACHING HOSPITAL PARKLANE ENUGU» ABSTRACT This project aims at looking at information Dissemination on Agriculture in Nigeria, this is a particular reference to ADP Awka agricultural ...Continue Reading »