Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 77 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Lecturers are expected to use Electronic Information Resources (EIR) to improve their research and teaching. However, it is not certain if private universities lecturers are effective in their teaching work or not, or if the skills needed to retrieve EIR for teaching effectiveness are lacking as research has indicated that the use of EIR by lecturers generally depend on their ability to locate discrete knowledge elements. The study investigated lecturers’ EIR retrieval skills, use and teaching effectiveness in private universities in Monrovia, Liberia.
The survey research design was adopted in this study. The population of the study was the lecturers in the seven private universities in Monrovia with a population of 557, out of which four were randomly selected, with a sample size of 287 lecturers. The overall reliability test for the questionnaire was 0.85 Cronbach’s alpha (α). The Questionnaire titled “Lecturers’ electronic information resources retrieval skills, use and teaching effectiveness questionnaire” was the instrument used for data collection. Out of 287 copies of the questionnaire distributed, only 181 (63%) were retrieved, valid, and used for analysis. The data collected were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics, Linear Regression, and Correlation.
The study established that there were more male lecturers (156, 86%)) than female (25, 14%) in the private universities in Monrovia, Liberia. Most of the lecturers hold Master’s Degree (126, 70%), and few were Ph.D. Degree holders (17, 9%). The availability of EIR to lecturers was low because most lecturers did not have the retrieval skills, and only a few use them for teaching. The results of the hypotheses showed that: EIR retrieval skills contributed 93.1% of lecturers’ ability to use of EIR, and there was a significant relationship between EIR retrieval skills and EIR use (R2 = .931, P<.05).; The higher the lecturers’ retrieval skills of EIR, the higher their teaching effectiveness as indicated by (r = .822, p < .05), and there was a significant relationship between lecturers’ retrieval skills and teaching effectiveness; The use of EIR contributed 76.8% of the variation in lecturers’ teaching effectiveness, and EIR use significantly enhanced lecturers’ teaching effectiveness; EIR retrieval skills and use were joint predictors of teaching effectiveness of lecturers (F =307.419, p<.05), and analysis of coefficient of determination revealed that EIR retrieval skills and use jointly contributed 77.5% to the variation in teaching effectiveness of lecturers (R2 = .775, P<.05) positively.
The study concluded that when university lecturers had EIR retrieval skills, they could easily access EIR for teaching. The following recommendations were made based on the result of the findings: Private universities administrators in Monrovia should make available and encourage their lecturers to use EIR for teaching. They should provide training facilities for lecturers on the use of ICT and the use of EIR. In addition, the researcher would work with universities administrations and lecturers to promote the need and use of EIR for teaching and help train lecturers on EIR retrieval skills.
Keywords: Electronic information resources (EIR), EIR retrieval skills, Use of EIR, Use of EIR retrieval skills, teaching effectiveness, Private universities,
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. BIBLIOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH REPORTS IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The research study is a Bibliometrics analysis of post graduate research report in Library and Information Science in Nigerian universities, ...Continue Reading »
231 pages | 126 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Public Libraries are organizations established by governments to acquire, organize, store and disseminate information and knowledge to all pe...Continue Reading »
188 pages | 73 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. RECORDS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, COMPUTER LITERACY SKILLS AND JOB PERFORMANCE OF REGISTRY STAFF OF UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Best records management practices and computer literacy skills promote job performance of university registry staff through the records they ...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 96 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF REFERENCE SERVICES IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN ANAMBRA STATE. A CASE STUDY OF ANAMBRA STATE UNIVERSITY, ULI.» ABSTRACT This project is aimed at examining the problems and prospects of reference services in academic librarians, using the Anambra State Universit...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 101 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study is to determine the training methods of librarians in ICT use in federal universities in the south east zone o...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 38 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. LIBRARIANS’ USE OF WEB 2.0 TOOLS AND SERVICE PROVISION IN LAGOS STATE TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS LIBRARIES» ABSTRACT With the growing recognition of the potentials of Web 2.0 tools, a lot of academic libraries are adopting the technologies and investing heav...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 142 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. THE PROBLEMS OF ACQUISITION OF MATERIAL AND SERVICES TO USERS IN SPECIAL LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY)» ABSTRACT This is a research on problems of acquisition of materials and services to users in special libraries in Nigeria. A case study of Imo State H...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. EVALUATION OF THE RESOURCES AND SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE MTN FOUNDATION DIGITAL LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES» Abstract ix This study was conducted to evaluate the resources and services of the MTN Foundation Digital Libraries in Nigerian universities. This is ...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 111 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» Abstract xi This study was designed to investigate marketing library services in academic libraries in Niger state, Nigeria. The study employed a desc...Continue Reading »
107 pages | 42 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS, COMPUTER SELF-EFFICACY AND E-RESOURCES USE BY POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIESIN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The introduction of new technologies has had a significant influence on teaching, learning and research activities in universities. This has ...Continue Reading »
167 pages | 35 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE