Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 68 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
Violence against women or domestic violence has been a serious problem in most societies throughout history especially Nigeria, and this is prevalent on women. This would make most of this work concentrated on women. Women in Nigeria like their counter parts the world over, suffer domestic violence irrespective of age, class, religion, or social status.
Physical violence in particular is very common among intimate partners in both developed and developing countries. Physical violence is the intentional use of physical force with the potential for causing death, and it includes but is not limited to scratching, pushing, shouting, slapping, and shaking, choking.
Apart from CEDAW and other international instruments which Nigeria is signatory to that forbid violence against women, the Nigeria constitution itself forbids it. The provision in section 42 of Nigeria constitution, guarantees all Nigeria including women, the right from discrimination on basis sex. Section 34 also guarantees every citizen the right to dignity of human person which in it subsection (a) it forbids torture and inhuman or degrading treatments, subsection (b) it forbids the subjection of anybody to slavery or servitude yet violence against women continues unabated, unchecked and this has been blamed on the loopholes in our laws, some of which undermine the provision for equality in the constitution.
In our society, many women are violently treated by their intimate partners while they suffer in silence. In some cases, domestic violence leads to the death of these women. This should not be allowed to continue because women are crucial to the growth and development of any nation and the world at large. They are homemakers, custodians of social, cultural and fundamental values of the society; and permanent change is often best achieved through them. Full community development is impossible without their understanding, cooperation and effective participation. Considering all these, women deserve better treatment but opposite are usually the case. Wife battery affects the physical and psychological wellbeing of the abused women and even that of their children. It is on this premise that this paper discusses the meaning of domestic violence against women, types of intimate partner violence, effects of these types of violence on abused women and their children. This paper also discusses causes and management of domestic violence against women. In conclusion recommendations were made to eradicate this menace from the society.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Juvenile Justice System is a special track of the criminal justice system. Essentially, the system is expected to be child friendly in form a...Continue Reading »
2. AN APPRAISAL ON THE RIGHT OF THE CHILD TO FREEDOM OF THOUGHT, CONSCIENCE AND RELIGION UNDER NIGERIAN LAWS» ABSTRACT This study has examined the intricacies involved with respect to child’s rights to freedom of thought, conscience and religion under Nigeri...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Differing is inevitable among people, because of individual natural differences regarding thinking, understanding, power of assimilation, int...Continue Reading »
4. THE FARMEWORK OF ECONOMIC AND HUMAN RIGHTS UNDER THE ECOWAS TREATY: A CASE STUDY OF IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The 1975 ECOWAS Treaty made by the founding fathers of the West African Regional Integration Philosophy was revised in 1993 in view of the de...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study The study examines the Legal Framework for Mergers and Acquisitions in Nigerian Banking ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Land Use Act as a single piece of legislation which came into force on 29th March, 1978 has generated more controversy than any piece of ...Continue Reading »
7. JURISPRUDENTIAL ANALYSIS OF HOMOSEXUALITY AND SAME SEX MARRIAGES: SUPPORTING THE NIGERIAN PERSPECTIVE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Definition of Homosexuality Homosexuality is the romantic attraction, sexual attraction or sexual...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. Background to the Study Property inheritance including the rights of women to property, receives very little degree of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION Judgment, simply put, means a Courts final determination of a case which normally includes a decree ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Transportation is an integral factor in international trade and the contract of carriage of goods by sea, forms part of the complex web of tr...Continue Reading »