Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 90 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Nigeria as an Independent state with different ethnic and religious groups over the years experienced a number of ethno-religious conflicts which have claimed lives and properties. The consequence of this is the displacement of many inhabitants which are referred to as Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s). The affected persons are denied certain constitutional rights as enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) and other international legal instruments which are aim at protecting their rights. It is to this extent that this work examined the causes of ethno-religious conflicts vis-à-vis the laws that seeks to protect the rights of victims of such conflicts. The study also examined the role of Government and Non-governmental agencies in the protection of the rights of victims of ethno-religious conflict whether such role is moral or legal? Data were collected through questionnaire and interviews and later the data were analyzed. The findings are that in Nigeria today there is no certained law dealing with the problem of internally displaced persons. Our recommendation is that with the foundation laid down by the Kampala convention and the general principles of issues relating to IDP’s, the stage is set for Nigeria to hasten the process of enacting its laws or adopting the kampala convention as a national law.
1.1 Background tothe Research
Ethnicity and religion have become powerful factors of mobilization for violence leading
up to the destruction of lives and properties, displacement of whole communities and
especially in Kaduna State and Nigeria as a whole.
In Kaduna State, there have been conflicts leading to loss of lives and destruction of
properties at KasuwanMagani in 1980, Kaduna metropolis in 1982, Gure/Kahugu in
1986, Kafanchan in 1987, Kaduna City again in 1992, Kafanchan in 1999 and Kaduna,
KachiaandBirninGwari in February 2000. Also, in 2007 at ZangonKataf Local
Government and lastly the election violence of 2011in many parts of Kaduna State which
have 3 religious and ethno-centric colorations. The causative factors that culminated into
ethno-religious crises in Kaduna State include struggle for power, religious differences,
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF THE NIGERIA DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION IN PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF BANK FRAUD IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study In nearly all contract types, the preparation of a realistic cost estimates is a necessary part of any buildin...Continue Reading »
2. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE RELEVANCY AND ADMISSIBILITY OF ELECTRONICALLY GENERATED EVIDENCE IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT In an attempt to address this fundamental issue regarding the admissibility of electronically generated evidence, recourse shall be paid had ...Continue Reading »
3. AN APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL AND INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC IN PERSONS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The battle against human trafficking in Nigeria is enormous and a number of measures have been employed in ensuring that the progress in the ...Continue Reading »
4. JUSTICE AND THE ENVIRONMENT: CONCEPTIONS OF ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY AND THEORIES OF DISTRIBUTIVE JUSTICE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study The idea of environmental justice has been a central concern for academics in a range of disciplines,...Continue Reading »
5. LEGISLATIVE AND JUDICIAL EXAMINATION OF TAX COMPLIANCE STRATEGY FOR REVENUE GENERATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The issue of tax can be understood to mean a compulsory and mandatory contribution by way of payment of money made by the citizens of a count...Continue Reading »
6. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL AND INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR ANTI CORRUPTION CRUSADE IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This dissertation gives an appraisal of the legal regime for combating corrupt practices in the public service of the federation. The objecti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction The concept of bail vis à vis enforcement of fundamental rights in Nigeria has recently taken a cen...Continue Reading »
8. AN ANALYSIS OF UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS ON PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF NARCOTIC DRUGS AND PSYCHOTROPIC SUBSTANCES: A CASE STUDY OF DOMESTIC IMPLEMENT...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study As the fear of the holocaust of a world war due to ideological differences subsides; ...Continue Reading »
9. AN APPRAISAL OF RECOGNITION AND ENFORCEMENT OF ARBITRAL AWARDS BY THE INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR SETTLEMENT OF INVESTMENT DISPUTES (ICSID) IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Nigeria is in a continuous quest to attract foreign direct investment (FDI) in order to support and sustain a decent economic growth. These f...Continue Reading »
» 1.1Central Focus This research aims to find out the problems faced by parties to a divorce especially by women under existing personal laws. It will a...Continue Reading »