Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 180 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Where a dispute arises from the breach of a term or terms of a contract between
'A' a Nigerian and 'B' an Italian, the court which entertains the action will employ an objective test in order to determine the law to govern the resolution of this dispute. Before arriving at this law, the court considers the intention of the parties regarding their choice of law.
The parties' intention could be expressed where they provide that "Nigerian law shall govern the construction of this contract", or their intention could be implied where, from the terms of the contract, the court could hold that the parties' intention is that Italian law should govern the contract. Where their intention is neither expressed nor to be inferred from the terms of the contract, the court could hold that the system of law with which the transaction has its closest and most real connection shall be the proper law of the contract and this is arrived at by looking at the surrounding circumstances of the case.
The above explanation is what "Determining the Proper Law of Contract under Private International Law" is all about and it is that proper law so determined that
is applied in all issues or matters arising from international contract disputes brought before the court for resolution.
1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION
Business men and women, the world over, are continually entering into
agreements. It is therefore necessary to know which law should be
applied to govern these agreements, because every international
contract must be governed by a particular law, if not it is no longer a
contract which the court must enforce. Generally, the law of contract
has uniqueness of its own, in that it is the only branch of the law in
which broadly speaking parties are free to make their own choice of
law. The court will apply this law if it passes the objective test. The
courts follow a procedure in conducting this test; it is the result that
constitutes determining the proper law of contract. At first the
choice of law was fixed, rigid and arbitrary but as times went on, the
law became flexible, more reasonable and universally acceptable.
The Proper Law of Contract was defined in Coast Lines Ltd. v. Hudig
and Veder Chartering N.V.1 "as the system of law (e.g. Nigerian Law,
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Men and women are entitled to the full protection of their rights because they are human beings. At its most basic level, ‘human rights’ ...Continue Reading »
2. COMPARATIVE LEGAL ANALYSIS OF BILATERAL AIR SERVICE AGREEMENTS BETWEEN NIGERIA AND SOME SELECTED COUNTRIES» ABSTRACT This dissertation is a Comparative Legal Analysis of Bilateral Air Service Agreements between Nigeria and Some Selected Countries. The countr...Continue Reading »
3. COMBATING CHILD LABOUR AND TRAFFICKING OF CHILDREN UNDER INTERNATIONAL AND NIGERIAN LEGAL REGIMES» ABSTRACT Despite government at the International and national level taking conscious steps to eradicate child labour and trafficking of children, the ...Continue Reading »
4. AN APPRAISAL OF WOMEN’S RIGHT TO PROPERTY UNDER CUSTOMARY LAW: A CASE STUDY OF WOMEN RIGHTS IN SOUTHERN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT In most tribes in the Southern part of Kaduna State, when a person dies, his property is been distributed among family members and the women ...Continue Reading »
5. CRITICAL ANALYSIS ON THE RIGHT OF CHILDREN TO EDUCATION UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW: A CASE STUDY ON NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The importance of children education in any given society is very critical to the social and economic development of that society particularl...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before the advent of the British and the introduction of colonial rule in the geographical areas ...Continue Reading »
» LIST OF ABBREVIATION AC Appeal Court All NLR All Nigerian Law Reports ANLR All Nigerian Law Reports CA Court of Appeal CBN Central Bank of Nigeria FRN...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT There is no branch of law which transpires the true picture of the society more than the law of tort. The reason being that it is a branch of...Continue Reading »
9. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL AND INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR ANTI CORRUPTION CRUSADE IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This dissertation gives an appraisal of the legal regime for combating corrupt practices in the public service of the federation. The objecti...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Treaties represent an important instrument by which States undertake and accept responsibilities in the international arena. Nigeria has in f...Continue Reading »