Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 134 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-6 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This project report centres on Appraisal of impeachment process under the 1999
Constitution of Nigeria. It x-rays basically the Legislatures excessive and negative
use of impeachment process provided in the 1999 Constitution against the
Executive arm of government, particularly, State Governors and their Deputies.
This anomaly forms the foundation upon which the statement of the research
problem of this work is anchored.
This research highlights in details the procedure for impeachment, the historical
development of impeachment, the meaning of gross misconduct which is the main
ground for carrying out impeachment proceedings. The roles of courts and other
institutions are also discussed.
The research reveals through case laws how our legislators abused the
impeachment process in order to achieve their selfish interests while relying on the
erroneous impression that their actions cannot be questioned in court. The courts
however rose to the occasion and checkmated their excesses leading to upturning
almost all the cases filed by the impeached persons. The courts defined the true
import and intent of Sections 143(10) and 188(10) of the 1999 Constitution of
Nigeria which oust the jurisdiction of court from entertaining cases emanating
from impeachment proceedings.
In this appraisal the researcher relies on doctrinal and empirical research methods.
To this extent, questionnaires and oral interviews were employed, analysed and
arrived at mind-blowing results.
In conclusion, it is revealed among other things that the impeachment process has
done more harm than good in the political development of Nigeria and that the
Constitution requires an amendment to correct the anomalies inherent therein. It is
recommended inter alia that constitutional courts should be established to try
impeachment cases with dispatch.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Human rights are rights that have come to be guaranteed over time, to all men and women, irrespective of race or creed. These rights extend t...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 30 hits | Source: LAW
2. AN APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE PRIVATIZATION AND REFORM PROGRAMME FOR THE ENERGY SECTOR IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This Research Study titled: “” was chosen after a careful review of the process and nature of the legal framework put in place in some re...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 88 hits | Source: LAW
3. THE ROLE OF INTER-GOVERNMENTAL ACTION GROUP AGAINST MONEY LAUNDERING AND TERRORIST FINANCING IN WEST AFRICA (GIABA) IN COMBATING MONEY LAUNDERING AND ...» ABSTRACT...Continue Reading »
161 pages | 11 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT 1. Statement The contribution of solid minerals to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Foreign Exchange earnings of the country has been on ...Continue Reading »
372 pages | 28 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Since the transformation of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) to African Union (A.U.) various measures were adopted by the newly formed...Continue Reading »
191 pages | 15 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT The Medical field is one of the most referred and reverenced profession in that it deals with the lives of human beings and in the course of ...Continue Reading »
106 pages | 459 hits | Source: LAW
7. THE ROLE OF UNITED NATIONS AND REGIONAL ORGANIZATIONS IN RESOLVING DISPUTES IN INTERNATIONAL LAW:A CASE STUDY OF CONGO» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY: The concept of International Trade has been of immense importance in the existence of the nation...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 20 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Legal academics study the law extensively, but the great bulk of this research dwells upon the analysis of particular laws or doctrines as ju...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 152 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Prisoners in Nigeria are often perceived and categorized as “outcast”. The belief of many is that, once you are a prisoner, you a...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 17 hits | Source: LAW
10. REVOCATION OF RIGHTS OF OCCUPANCY AND THE ISSUE OF COMPENSATION UNDER THE LAND USE ACT, 1978: AN APPRAISAL» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification Page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi Table of Cases ix Table of S...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 432 hits | Source: LAW