Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 126 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This dissertation appraised legal framework of contributory pension scheme CPS in Nigeria. Doctrinal method was adopted. Thus, the dissertation analyzed material from primary and secondary sources. The primary sources include information from national and international legal instruments on CPS, while the secondary sources include books, articles and internet materials on the subject matter. It was found that there are still problems relating to coverage of the scheme. For example, the Scheme does not apply to private organizations with more than 3 employees but less than 15 employees. The same applies to workers in the informal sector which constitute a good percentage of Nigeria's total labour force. Though, PenCom is in the process of setting up Micro Pension structure for such class of workers. However, there are challenges in the area of awareness and strong institutional structures. It is also found that saving or contribution under CPS is exposed to the risk of decline without controls measure as Federal Government failed to pay 1% of the total monthly wage bill payable of Public Services employees into the Pension Protection Fund to provide cover for such risk. Furthermore, there are states and organizations which are yet to register. This further raises question as to the effectiveness of PenCom as supervisory agency in the sector. The dissertation therefore recommended among others thatPenCom needs to issue regulations and guidelines to provide clarifications regarding contributions by employers with 3 to 15 employees. This is necessary because delay or failure to provide such guideline, could affect retirement plans of workers in private organizations with more than 3employes but less than 15 employees. With respect to workers in informal sector, Nigeria should learn from the success stories of other countries which have put in place strong institutional structures for micro pension to facilitate fund administration and made use of technological platforms including mobile money to increase coverage, remit pension contributions and pay retirement benefits. In order to compel Federal Government to fully implement Section 82 (1) of the Pension Reform Act, the law should empower the Federal Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) after sharing every monthly subvention, to deduct the 1% of the total monthly wage bill payable to employees in the Public Services and pay it into the Pension Protection Fund. Furthermore, Pension Reform Act should be elevated to become the applicable public sector pension law in every state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MARITAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS IN ISLAMIC LAW: A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF ITS PRACTICE IN NORTHERN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Marriage under Islamic law, as an institute is generally the cradle of any legitimate family and society. Hence the success of marriage must ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 140 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Globally in all jurisdictions, the courts of law are recognized as bodies vested with the authority of interpreting the law and applying the ...Continue Reading »
122 pages | 697 hits | Source: LAW
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Research The importance of observing human rights in any legal system and its significance cann...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 246 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT The topic “ Administration of justice in Nigerian courts, problems and prospects” seems to attract to itself ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: LAW
5. CRITICAL REVIEW OF THE RIGHTS OF THE DISPLACED PERSONS IN THE COURSE OF NATURAL DISASTERS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The overwhelming increase of Internally Displaced Persons in situation of natural disaster in Nigeria in recent years has become an issue of ...Continue Reading »
102 pages | 138 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Where a dispute arises from the breach of a term or terms of a contract between 'A' a Nigerian and 'B' an Italian, the court which entertains...Continue Reading »
180 pages | 137 hits | Source: LAW
7. PROTECTION AND REDRESS FOR THE VICTIMS OF INTERNATIONAL CRIMES: AN APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE AND OPERATIONS OF THE INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT» ABSTRACT The deplorable condition in which Victims of International Crimes are faced with has been a major concern to the ICC. Hence, in its preamble ...Continue Reading »
141 pages | 453 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT The concept of paralegal though not a new one in developed region, it is a novel one within Africa particularly in Nigeria. They are legal ad...Continue Reading »
106 pages | 64 hits | Source: LAW
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The doctrine of “the separation of powers as usually understood is derived from Montesq...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 506 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT The electoral process is a total process that includes registration of voters, identifying the political parties to be voted for, voting, cou...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: LAW