Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 190 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This research sets out to examine the role of the Nigerian communication commission in regulating the Nigerian telecommunication sector. It further scrutinizes the legal and regulatory framework surrounding the business of telecom industry in Nigeria. It predominantly scrutinizes the provision of the law establishing the National regulator vis a vis other laws establishing the institutional framework, the service providers and the consumers of these telecom services. Such laws as the company Act, Nigeria communication Act, National environmental standards and regulation enforcement agency (NESREA) Act, Consumer protection Act, Criminal law, law of tort, planning Laws, Land Use Act and other regulations tangential to/with the provision of telecom services in the country. The research identifies certain inherent problems and challenges that has militated the commission in its application of its power as provided in the statute. It further examined the lacunas, drawbacks and limitations existing in the telecom regulations and proceeds to advance reform and recommendations towards the efficient administration and implementation of telecom laws in Nigeria in the overall benefit of the telecom business in Nigeria. Findings from the research shows that the Nigerian Communication Commission is the national regulator of the Nigerian telecommunication industry and it plays a major role more than any other agency/institution in the telecommunication sector. Nonetheless, this study observed that the approach of the NCC toward the protection of telecommunication consumers, poor quality of services provided by the telecommunication providers, and the centrality of the telecommunication services, etc. has posed a major challenge to telecommunication regulation in Nigeria. This quandary has been compounded particularly by the incessant impact of convergence in the telecommunication atmosphere. Currently, different regulatory frameworks for telecommunication in Nigeria have not created ample instrument to warrant synergy and build an enabling environment for the adequate implementation of telecommunication regulations. In this regard, it is the recommendation of this research work that a comprehensive legal framework need to be re-structured in this area so as to allow a hitch-free and unlimited range of telecommunication services.
The world has become a global village with Telecommunication being an indispensable tool
in the entire process of globalization1. However, it is not in dispute that Telecommunication
industries play essential roles in this process. This is obviously why development process in
this vital sector over the years has been phenomenal all over the world. In fact, this is why
emerging trend in socio – economic growth shows high premium being placed on
Information and Communication Technology (ICT), by nations, organizations and homes2.
Unlike in the past, government consider Telecommunications service to be so vital to national
interest and economic development that it was placed directly under their control in most
countries until fairly recently, when deregulation and competition were introduced3.
The emergence of Telecommunication has brought a new era in Telecommunication industry.
The internet, mobile phone and compute
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE LEGAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO FOREIGN INVESTMENTS IN NIGERIA WITHIN THE CONTEXTS OF NEPAD AND AGOA» ABSTRACT Any country’s economic score sheet is influenced by the events within and from abroad. The reality of globalization has come to mean th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT There is no law that says the plaintiff or the prosecution must bring a million witnesses or evidence to court before he can succeed in his c...Continue Reading »
3. MANAGEMENT AND POLICY FRAMEWORKS FOR ILLEGAL, UNREPORTED AND UNREGULATED (IUU) FISHING IN NIGERIAN WATERS» Abstract The study examines the management and policy frameworks for illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing in Nigerian waters, how maintaininga ...Continue Reading »
4. A LEGAL EXAMINATION OF THE ROLE OF TAXATION IN REVENUE GENERATION AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA» Abstract The bulk majority of the tax evasion and tax avoidance is caused by inadequate machineries and lack of skilled personal in administrative tax...Continue Reading »
5. APPRAISING Al-MASLAHAH AL- MURSALAH AS A SOURCE OF ISLAMIC LAW IN JUDICIAL PROCEEDINGS UNDER THE MALIKI LAW» ABSTRACT Al Maslahah al mursala is a Maslahah which is neither acknowledged nor rejected by the Law Giver. It is called (Mursalah) that is absolute or...Continue Reading »
6. A CRITIQUE OF THE ROLE OF THE UNITED NATIONS SECURITY COUNCIL IN PROMOTING PEACE AND SECURITY UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW» ABSTRACT The international community saw the need for unity, peace, cooperation, and a state of security. This task was given the UNSC. But due to its...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF UNITED NATIONS AND REGIONAL ORGANIZATIONS IN RESOLVING DISPUTES IN INTERNATIONAL LAW: A CASE STUDY OF CONGO» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The international political climate is currently fraught with unresolved inter state and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Rule of law and democracy are both legal and political issues which have gained attention not only i...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This dissertation entitled “The Use of Child Soldiers in Armed Conflict as War Crime under International Law”is premised on an ap...Continue Reading »
» Chapter one Introduction Background to study The distinction between void and voidable marriages arose in cases where property was the main issue and ...Continue Reading »