Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
The imposition, collection and administration of income tax in Nigeria are basically statutory, which had undergone significant reforms with the object of providing solutions to the lingering problems of enforcement procedures. The existing body of literature on taxpayer compliance developed over the years in Nigeria. Nigeria made considerable investment in tax legislative reforms, taxpayer education programs, tax enforcement strategies, and sophisticated system of tax administration using new technologies.
However, what prompted this research work is that despite those reforms, reviews and changes in the legislation compared to its counterparts, Nigeria faced quite different challenges and constraints that require careful consideration in designing appropriate and effective tax system. In particular, the tax system in Nigeria must foster sustainable economic growth, ensuring that the necessary revenue collections are made to provide for political stability, investment in infrastructure and improved standards of living. The method of acquiring data and information used in this research work was doctrinal, where two main sources of acquiring data, i.e. primary source, which consist of statutes and case laws and secondary source which consists relevant information from leading authorities, textbooks on tax laws and practices, writings and articles of scholars, magazines, opinions of jurists, journals, periodicals, seminar papers, as well as internet/websites, etc. were also used. the findings of the research work were that;
(i) Nigeria has both limited administrative resources and expertise,
(ii) Tax administration is generally weak, with widespread evasion, corruption and coercion,
(iii) Furthermore, taxpayers tend to have low levels of literacy, low tax morale and negative attitudes towards government,
(iv) The cash economy, and its inherent opportunities for engagement in fraud and tax evasion, often plays a major role.
(v) There is also conflict of tax jurisdiction between the Federal Government and states, and lack of public enlightenment. The central aim of this research appraised the income tax enforcement procedures, and the objectives identified and highlighted their problems and prospects, with particular reference to the relevant Nigerian Tax Laws. The research work finally provided workable suggestions and recommendations to the identified problems to enhance an effective and efficient tax administration in Nigeria. The findings of this research work explored recent issues, challenges and recent ideas of judges/decisions of courts in respect of income Tax under
the Nigerian Tax System and Fiscal policies which, if appropriately utilized, will bring enormous change and enhance the Nigerian tax system generally. It also improved the existing enforcement procedures of the Nigerian tax system both at the Federal, states and local levels.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ANALYSIS OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK OF INCOME TAX ENFORCEMENT AND COMPLIANCE STRATEGY FOR REVENUE GENERATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT From the inception of modern taxation in Nigeria in the first decade of the 20th century the problem of poor tax administration has been the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction During this century, millions of children, women and men have been victims of unimaginable atrocities in the theatre of w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This dissertation entitled "A Critical Analysis of the Means of Proof in Civil Litigation under Islamic law "primarily examined the principle...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF STATUTES Criminal Code 2004 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 The Penal Code The Ciminal Procedure Act Evidence Act 2011 U...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Social contract theory, nearly as old as philosophy itself, is the view that persons' moral and/or politi...Continue Reading »
6. AN APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL AND INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC IN PERSONS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The battle against human trafficking in Nigeria is enormous and a number of measures have been employed in ensuring that the progress in the ...Continue Reading »
7. PRINCIPLES AND PROCEDURES OF SETTING UP AND MANAGING A LAW OFFICE TO ENSURE ITS PROGRESS AND CONTINUITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The law itself has a very broad concept and is conceived differently by various schools of though...Continue Reading »
8. LEGISLATIVE AND JUDICIAL EXAMINATION OF TAX COMPLIANCE STRATEGY FOR REVENUE GENERATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The issue of tax can be understood to mean a compulsory and mandatory contribution by way of payment of money made by the citizens of a count...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The tax regime of small and medium business enterprises was a snow ball of international agitation specially international monetary fund (IMF...Continue Reading »
10. A LEGAL AND JURISPRUDENTIAL ANALYSIS OF HOMOSEXUALITY AND SAME SEX MARRIAGES: SUPPORTING THE NIGERIAN POSITION» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle Page iCertification iiApproval iiiDedication ivAcknowledgement vTable of Contents viiCHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION1.1 Definition of...Continue Reading »