Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
The procedural aspect of the law is generally provided in the various Rules of Court which are applied from the Magistrates’ Courts to the Supreme Court. Rules of Court are meant to be obeyed. Apart from Rules of Court, there are other statutes which provide for procedure. Apart from Rules of Court or statutes which are specifically enacted to regulate procedure, other statutes which establish corporations for example, also stipulate procedural requirements. A good number of pre-action notices can be found in such statutes. The law is that where a statute has provided for how something should be done, such a provision must be complied with. It is indeed a concern that the applicability of pre-action notice is not in consonance with the spirit of the rule of law. It is important to note that a deep-rooted analysis of relevant procedural law does not in fact guarantee pre-action notice any justification. No useful purpose is achieved by continuing to uphold the constitutionality of pre-action notices. The reasons which are used to justify the notices can be dispensed with. A letter from a prospective plaintiff or his agent should be enough to commence a process of deciding whether to make reparations to the plaintiff or not. Anachronistic rules such as pre-action notices serve no end of justice and it is often a procedural requirement which is employed by defendants to delay or deny an inquiry into the merits of the case. They also cause untold hardship. The aim of this work is to distill the inadequacies and excesses of pre-action notice as currently applicable in Nigeria. This work will also look at the position of other countries as it relates to the doctrine of pre-action notice and finally proffer solutions. This work is divided into five chapters. Chapter One deals with the general introduction while Chapter Two deals with the doctrine of pre-action notice as it applies in Nigeria. Chapter Three deals with the doctrine of pre-action notice as an obstacle to justice while Chapter Four deals with the application of the doctrine of pre-action notice in foreign jurisdictions. Finally, Chapter Five deals with the conclusion and recommendations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This thesis entitled, “An Appraisal of the Ascertainment of Applicable Law of Torts in Conflict of Laws” aimed at ascertaining the applic...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 134 hits | Source: LAW
2. AN APPRAISAL OF EMPLOYEES’ COMPENSATION: NIGERIAN EMPLOYEES’ COMPENSATION ACT, 2010 IN PERSPECTIVE» ABSTRACT Employer and Employee relationship creates mutual duties and responsibilities which are complimentary. This duty is for the Safety and Health...Continue Reading »
125 pages | 16 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT One of the issues that has continued to generate controversy among the bar, the bench and international and local human right activists is wh...Continue Reading »
171 pages | 412 hits | Source: LAW
4. THE RIGHT OF WORKERS TO STRIKE, THE RECENT ASUU STRIKE AND THE LEGALITY OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING IN NIGERIA» TABLE OF CASES Foreign Cases Collymore v. AG Trinidad and Tobago (1970) AC 538 88 Cropter Handwoven Harris Tweed v. Veitch (1942) AC 435 1 Dunlop Pneu...Continue Reading »
108 pages | 407 hits | Source: LAW
» CHAPTER 1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0.0: INTRODUCTION Islamic law emphasizes the importance of fertility in both partners of a married couple...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 260 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT This dissertation entitled “The Use of Child Soldiers in Armed Conflict as War Crime under International Law”is premised on an ap...Continue Reading »
123 pages | 8 hits | Source: LAW
7. AN APPRAISAL OF THE LAW AND PRACTICE OF THE INVESTMENTS AND SECURITIES TRIBUNAL IN RESOLVING CAPITAL MARKET DISPUTES IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Corporate governance is a principled based system by which corporations are organised and managed. It is made up of rules and regulations and...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 69 hits | Source: LAW
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The phenomenon, “crime” has been a major subject of private and public concern throug...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 216 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT It is natural and common in human society to have between individuals a kind of dispute that may probably arise. Islamic Law had laid down an...Continue Reading »
177 pages | 16 hits | Source: LAW
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vii ix Table of Cases x ...Continue Reading »
105 pages | 193 hits | Source: LAW