Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 68 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This Research work is centered mainly on the International Court of Justice‟s adjudication process in the Nigerian-Cameroon conflict. The research examines how judgment over the conflict was passed by the International Court of Justice and how they ensured justice was achieved in determining who the sovereignty over the peninsula lies with.
The research for this study was conducted using secondary sources of data collection, that is, data and materials were gathered majorly from Journals, Internet Sources, Newspapers and few Textbooks.
Results from the research work reveal that the International Court of Justice declared Cameroon the sovereign owner of the Bakassi Peninsula region on the basis of the Anglo-German Treaty of 1913. It also showed how the United Nations Secretary General, Koffi Annan, used his good offices to secure Nigeria and Cameroon‟s commitment to abide by any judgment reached by the court. This he did by holding several meetings between the presidents of Nigeria and Cameroon, Obasanjo and Biya. The efforts of Koffi Annan, however, paved the way for the Green Tree Accord that served as the backbone to the International Court of Justice‟s decision.
The study thus concludes that contrary to popular conception about the unfairness of the outcome to Nigeria, the court process was, in fact, transparent open and fair to both parties. This gives to demonstrate the significance of process as a key determinant of outcomes.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY International law takes special interest concerning children worldwide. This is due to the fact t...Continue Reading »
2. THIRD PARTY INTERVENTION IN DOMESTIC CONFLICT. THE CASE OF NIGERIANS’ INVOLVEMENT IN THE LIBERIAN CIVIL WAR» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The issue of conflict has become one of the regular headlines in the daily news of the world ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Although the word globalization was not coined until the second half of the twentieth century...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
5. USES AND IMPACT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS IN MARKETING TELEVISION SERVICES IN NIGERIA. (A STUDY OF SELECTED TV STATIONS IN THE SOUTH EAST)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The success of any organization depends largely on whether the organization recognizes the mo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND INFORMATION The Nigerian foreign policy serves, both as the bridge with which she connects to the global syst...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Conflict is a disagreement or clash between people, ideas; or in the case of our study, cultures. Therefore, culture becomes a unique and sen...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF THE GULF OF GUINEA IN MEETING GLOBAL ENERGY SECURITY NEEDS, ESPECIALLY OF THE UNITED STATES AND CHINA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Despite the relevance the Gulf of Guinea (Gog) bears for the international system, opinions varie...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Terrorism is a security problem that has plagued the world for centuries, states like USA just to...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1BACKGROUND The scramble for Africa can be explained according to historical documents as a period of rapid colonization of territories ...Continue Reading »