Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 69 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The interest in management education is evident in all sectors of the economy. It will not be long before attendance at one of the short management courses becomes essential for upward mobility into and within the level of management. This would almost overstretch the resources of the institutions.
The reaches seeks to explore the impact of training and development on staff efficiency in first bank Nigeria plc with the hope that in near future Nigeria banks would becomes efficient in management educations.
Training is a way in which specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform a specific job are taught and learnt. While development is a parallel process by which people acquired more general abilities and information, but in ways that can not always be tied directly to a particular task they performed.
According to Ejiofor (1987; pages 80), said training and development is indispensable to employee efficiency especially with the growth and modernization in the banking industry. He added that, they are essential mean for better labour utilization and planning of organizational goals.
Also, cloyd (1964) viewed that the evolution of training and development signal the wisdom of man desired toward industrial revolution couple with determination to pursued their national development. He said further that through this they invented tools. Weapon, clothing and shelters to meet their standard of living. in 1957, there was suddenly fallout of knowledge due to proportion of uncertainty, and absolute information which becomes invalid for human use. He concluded that training and development is an instrument for reduce deterioration and improved efficiency.
According to Cole(1997). That training and development was indispensable to the attainment of organizational goals because, employee who have not adequate training before assigned responsibilities lack the necessary confidence to execute its jobs. He cited example the aspect of difference in training between polytechnic and universities, which the polytechnic acquired more practical knowledge while, the universities is more of theoretical.
Beach (1992; page 34), said it is obvious that organization existing structure and manpower to beaved success. But he said good structure of organization largely depends on the efficient and effectiveness of their employee. He concluded that training and development becomes necessity to every organization especially banking industries which is characterizes with risks and turnover”
Appleby (1992: page 37), said, training and development has been conceptualized among formal organization as at (a) to enhance job efficiency (b) to increase productivity both at present and future job (c) to contribute realistically to the achievement if corporate goals.
However, it views that there challenges still confronting organizational training programmes. This includes:, poor training facilities, poor, capacity building, inadequate of fund, lack of competent trainee, and as well as under utilization of a trained staff. But, attempt has been through provision of standard training facilities and personnel, increase budgetary allocation , chosen career building programme and organize foreign course (outside) i.e international, and local course (in house ) i.e national.
Above all, the researcher believe that this study would not only profound realistic solution but suggested also, the most effective way to promote training and development programme in the banking industry.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
A look into some banks and other financial institutions has shown that despite resources in vested into training programmes the impact on the efficiency of staff is far below its objective. These problem include:
1). The employee always seen to lack the necessary induction training in regard to the activities of the employee that result to low out put.
2). Many bank do not have proper career path programme or their work forces, and if this seen and properly implemented, it will lead to low efficiency of the organization.
3). Poor selection of development programme for the top executive in the banking industry. Most of development are unrelated on the job.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study include:
1. To examined the impact of training and development on bank staff efficiency.
2. To evaluate the relationship between training and output.
3. To identify the adequacy or relevance of training course contents to the need of staffs.
4. To undiscovered the constraint associated with the implement of training and development contents.
5. To unravel the impact of training and development of staff.
6. To make more recommendation that could be improved upon on the impact of training and development on bank efficiencies.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The banks in Nigeria, through the banking Act 1959 amended, by the banking decree, provision of 1961, established a training center in the early, 1990 that encourage the development of highy skilled manpower with the views to professionalism banking efficiency.
Also, the study would be useful to the institution (school) and department by design training curriculum and programme for their staff and students.
Again, the study would contribute to further academic knowledge or research especially to students and scholars who will be embarking on similar research topic: Training and development
STATEMENT OF RESEARCH QUESTION
- have staff undergone any training before?
- what are the number of course attended?
- are duties performed relevant to course attended?
- are new ideas introduced after training course resisted by Boss?
- is successful completion of course a perquisite for promotion?
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is concerned about the impact of training and development on staff efficiency in first bank Nigeria PLC. Area office Kaduna. The study covers a period of 5 Years i.e 2005-2009. the researcher has related the study to only areas that are related to the topic.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to impact of training and development have on bank staff efficiency of which first bank is been focused on. Also, the researcher inability to collected favourable data out of sample population presented to staffs of the bank due to official secrecy, led to low questionnaires result which made the research project under analyzed.
DEFINITION OF TERM
TRAINING:- This is the process of preparing human resources for the best services to their organization at one extreme, training consist of a few hours or minute of induction to the superior who gives the new a staff employee skeletal outline of the bank polities location etc as designed to develop. Qualities specialist.
DEVELOPEMENT: this is the process that involve a long time planning specifically designs for management staff with change in technology and management method.
SYSTEM:- it is a Series of element inter- dependent and in inter-related to form a whole and it has three stages. The input; teaching, conversion process i.e, assimilating, teaching and input carryout is what has been thought.
APPRAISAL:- it is a continuous process aimed at assisting or devising and encouraging the appraised ( staff) efficiency.
MANAGEMENT:- Is a systematic process of planning organizing directing, coordinating and controlling of others too and achieved a collective or uniform goal.
INDUSTRY:- Is a group of firm that produced similar good and service for the purpose maximized profit and as well as satisfied consumers.
ORGANIZATION:- Are group of people bounder with the same objectives working within a structure of authority and pursued similar goals.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. OUTSOURCING, A STRATEGY FOR ORGANIZATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN NIGERIA OIL AND GAS SECTOR (A SURVEY OF SELECTED OIL AND GAS COMPANIES IN PORT HARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Outsourcing, dates back to the Romans, notably with the sourcing out of tax collection, regained popularity in the eighteenth...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Performance appraisal is one of the basic tools that make workers to be very effective and active...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The human resources are the most dynamic of all the organization’s resources of all the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Performance Appraisal is a major subject of controversy in management circles. While business lea...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF SALARY INCREASE AND FRINGE BENEFITS AMONG NIGERIAN WORKERS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU RAILWAY CORPORATION)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In any establishment either private or public, the impact of salary increase and fringe benefits cann...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF MERGER AND ACQUISITION ON EMPLOYEE MORALE (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK (FCMB), CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The Nigerian banking industry has witnessed tremendous changes and expansion since the mid 1980s....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work centres on “Effective Communication as a tool for achieving organizational objectives” the researcher examined...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the cardinal focus of the management is the application of management strategies that would bring abou...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The purpose of this study is to analyze how public infrastructure and capacity utilization could aid manufacturing growth in ...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF RECRUITMENT METHOD ON NIGERIA CIVIL SERVICE A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The concept of personnel management is a common term to mean management of staff in an organisation. Th...Continue Reading »