Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 63 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
One of the cardinal focus of the management is the application of management strategies that would bring about efficiency and high moral among which in turn result to high productivity. To make workers to be productive, there are certain condition to be met by employers of lbaours. Cole (1989), Pg 13 is ever looking at ways of attaining such goals. This has led to carrying out of several studies with a view to harmonize both human and natural resources. One of the most vacant area now is industrial relations. Industrial relations which has to do with attaining maximum levels of production and has to share the economic reform of organization may not be realized by the management that is has influence on employees productivity. Industrial relations can be said to be social political and economic condition that exist between the management and the employees. It is also fundamental concerned with a complex power relationship power sharing the economic and other decision which emanates from the employment, the condition of employment and employees at trade union and the government. Move importantly too is how the employees will formally be indentified with the purpose of the enterprise and how they, by effective participation both in the work effort and in the relevant decision making can find greater self fulfillment in the work place (David 1993) Pg. when the industrial relationship between the management and the employees is cordial, the organization will unquestionably be able to achieve it’s objective through collection and concerned efforts of motivated employment. When employees have negative feelings on job productivity is at stake. Despite this position of industrial relations, is an organization, there seems not be any study regarding how it influences the attainment of set goals by the various management of the organization hence there is need to look into this by the researcher.
It is also fundamental concerned with a complex power relationship power sharing the economic and other decisions which eminates from the employment, the condition of employment and remunerations between management and the employees of trade union and the government. More importantly too is how the employees will formally be indentified with the purpose of the enterprise and how they, by effective participation both in the work effort and in the relevant decision making can find greater self-fulfillment in the work place. (David 1993) pg. 17 when the industrial relation ship between the management and the employees is cordial, the organization will unquestionably be able to achieve its objectives through collection and concerned effort of motivated employment.
When employees have negative feelings on job productivity is at stake. Despite this position of industrial relations, is an organization, there seems not to be any study regarding how it influences the attainment of set goals by the various management of the organizations hence there is need to look into this by the researcher
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE STUDY
The industrial relationship between the management and the employees in work place is vital to the success of the organization. When employees work without any sort of grievance and are happy, productivity will subsequently increase as employees always put in their maximum effort. Unfortunately, from observation, some management seems not to recognize this fact. They seems not be give employees chances to participate in some decision making in the organization, which often sparks off conflict between them. The bank of Agriculture limited, Kaduna. Today also seem not to employ some basic management techniques in softening grievance among employees.
Catastrophic effects on organizational output. it appears that they are yet to realize the effect of trade union and their level of bargaining power of the company. Going by the above situation, the researcher will critically find out the influence of industrial relations on employees productivity.
1.3. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to ascertain the influence of industrial relations on employees performance. However, the specific objective are outlined below.
- To find out the factors that influence bad industrial relations between the management and the employees.
- To find out if the relationship between the management of an organization and the employees have any relevance on productivity.
- To ascertain how the management and employees can avoid industrial action and unrest in the work place.
- To find out the factors that influence good industrial harmony
1.4. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
That this study is very unique in the fact that employees and management occupy a very important position in an organization. It is hope that the study would be beneficial to the management in organization, trade union, and staff in the organization as well as future researcher management.
These study would be beneficial to management who are directly involved in the utilization of workers they will appreciate the importance of workers in the organization and also think the ways of alleviating the problems they are facing.
The study will hopefully unwell to employees the importance of keeping good relationship with the management, thereby avoiding act capable of causing disquiet and turmoil in the organization this will also ensure job security and efficiency.
They are representative of workers to the management in the organization, therefore, they should knows the limit of their bargaining power.
It will serve as a guide and a useful resources material for future researchers and it’s a pre-requisite for the award of H.N.D in Business Admin, in Kaduna Polytechnic.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
i. What are the factors that hamper industrial harmony?
ii. What are the factors that encourage industrial harmony?
iii. How can the management and the employees avoid industrial action and unrest in your work place?
iv. Does the relationship between the management and the employees have any relevance on employee productivity
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to the influence of industrial relations on employees productivity in (bank of Agriculture Kaduna) since industrial relations is mainly concerned with employment problems, we are going to look into the following aspect as it affect the (BOA). Before and after it merger and to show how these have contributed to the organization effectiveness.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In writing a project research work, one is bond to come across certain constraint that will limit the extent to which the research may intend to cover such as:
- Some respondents refuse to collect and fill the questionnaire be because of time factors and office schedule.
- It is also difficult to gain access for the organization under case study.
It is difficult to gather enough and factual information that are relevant to the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF RETIREMENT BENEFITS ON THE LIVING CONDITION OF RETIREES IN ALAGBOOLE AREA OF OGUN STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The research focuses on the appraisal of the impact of retirement benefits on the living condition of retirees in Alagboole Area Of Ogun Stat...Continue Reading »
2. THE PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED BY SOCIAL WORKERS IN SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE (A case study of Selected social welfare centres)» ABSTRACT In totality the project is concerning the problem encountered by social workers in social work practice. In details, this project consists of...Continue Reading »
3. PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AS A TOOL FOR ACHIEVING HIGHER EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY IN AN ORGANIZATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In any evaluation of the condition necessary for the growth and survival of an organization, the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Maintaining healthy employee relations in an organization is a pre requisite for organizational success. One way of maintaini...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Relationships between employees and management are of substantial value in any workplace. Human r...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work, accessing the impact of production planning distribution and management. This study is focused on Nigeria Bottling Compan...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work is centered on stock control as a measure for ensuring profitability in an organisation a case study of Kaduna refinery and...Continue Reading »
8. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF STAFF TRAINING CENTER, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This research work was carried out to investigate the human resource management in Nigeria. A survey method was used for this study. Question...Continue Reading »
9. EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND EMOTIONAL LABOUR AS DETERMIINANT OF ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT AMONG PUBLIC SERVANTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Workplace is an environment for upgrading, improving and reforming the traits related to emot...Continue Reading »
10. COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR THE EFFICIENCY OF WORKERSâ€™ PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF AUCHI POLYTECHNIC, AUCHI)» Abstract This research focuses on communication as a tool for the efficiency of workers’ performance in an organization. Based on the analysis o...Continue Reading »