Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of this study is to investigate human relations skills in the job performance of secretaries with new Nigeria bank, Uchi Community bank all in Auchi as case study. Questionnaire were used to collected data from a total of fifty respondents made up of twenty five official staff and twenty five non official staff of the bank covered. The simple percentage method was used in analyzing the data collected from the respondents based on the responses from the questionnaires. This study revealed that good human relation is a motivator of workers towards job performance and productivity. It also revealed that there is no positive relationship if there are no good human relations. Since situations some times change, if good human relations is not done in the bank, there will be difficulties in getting the best out of the workers. Based on the study of the findings, appropriate recommendations were made.
1.0 Background of the Study
Man has been described as a social animal, when individuals spend a large part of their time at work or play in association with others. The hermit prefers to live alone while people live in varying degrees among others and must adjust their individual behaviours to those of other some unlike around, they prefer to work on their own, they associate with only a few chosen companion and they enjoy best, a location in the remoteness of the high lands.
Others are more liking to be with other people. Such people “getting together” seem to be essential for their enjoyment. This range of individual’s attitude towards social relations must keep continuously in the mind of researchers who deal with problems of human organizations. The family and the tribe or state. In origin, the tribe is an extension of the family but in modern tribes, the state is often more than the tribe grown, being a political organization, which may include many tribe and races who find it convenient to live together under one government for security reasons.
Human relations is as old as organization and being inherent in organizations, it always remain as a feature of organizational life. A worker spends about eight hours a day for forty to fifty years in his workplace for about three hundred days in a year.
This represents a large part of his life and these are the part during which he is active and vigorous. If the lives of workers are to be generally accessible, it is essential that working conditions should be healthy, convenient and attractive, so that the work itself should be as interesting workers and themselves, as well as between workers and management should be cordial and cooperative.
1.1 Statement of the Problem
Many office managers see that task of management worker relations as the simplistic process of just providing workers with more of the good things of life and by so doing, productivity will skyrocket. They rationalize that any more of anything desirable given to the workers or any less of anything undesirable motivate that worker. As a result of the foregoing, this study is therefore aimed to investigate the importance of human relations and to determine whether or not, relations between management and workers is adequate for an and to effective job performance in the organization concerned.
1.2 Research Questions
1. How does human relations act as an aid to effective job performance of a secretary?
2. What are the problems in human relations as they affect workers and how they can be eliminated?
3. Which working environment under which workers perform their duty is conducive enough for increased productivity?
1.3 Purpose of Study
The purpose of this study is to
1. Identify the problem areas in human relations as they affect worker.
2. Investigate the role of human relations as an aid to effective job performance.
3. Know whether the working environment under which workers perform their duty is conductive enough for increase productively.
1.4 Signification of the Study
This study is intended to create awareness on management of organization, regarding the need to provide good human relations in their organizations. The study will be of immense benefit to organization individual and students, it will afford business organizations the opportunity of knowing more of some of the employee wants and needs the various components of human relations. They can use and its resultant effect on productivity.
1.5 Scope of Study
This study covers some selected financial organizations in Auchi. In particular, the study is geared towards findings out the possible benefits of human relations in those organizations and the result of the study will assist the management of these organizations in appraising its human relations practice with a view of having human relations that is result oriented.
This study was carried out in some financial organizations in Auchi and is delimited to Auchi metrophs with the following organization covered.
1. New Nigeria Bank, Auchi
2. Uchi Community Bank, Auchi
This study was carried out under the limiting factors of time, finance and non availability of relevant materials.
The researcher had a major problem with finance as money collected for the research work was found to be insufficient for the proper takeoff of the research.
Secondly, the time allocated was very short, it is carried out intermittently with school pressure and work load and as a result, limited time was devoted to the research.
Lastly, materials like textbooks were readily available relating to the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF RECRUITMENT METHOD ON NIGERIA CIVIL SERVICE A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The concept of personnel management is a common term to mean management of staff in an organisation. Th...Continue Reading »
2. MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM AND FOR PLANNING AND SCHEDULE CONTROL OF CONSTRUCTION IN NIGERIA OIL SECTOR» ABSTRACT Construction projects in the oil sector are commonly acknowledged as successful when they are completed on time, within budget, and in accord...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research focus on compensation policy as means of attracting and retaining employee, it present a conceptual and theoretical study of the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research project intends to explore the management of employee grievances (A case study of selected government establishment in Enugu St...Continue Reading »
» BACKGROUND OF THE ESSAY Teamwork is usually an integral part of the work place. Basic teamwork involves everyone working together to support the organ...Continue Reading »
6. STAFF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT AS A TOOL FOR HIGH EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Training refers to the teaching or learning activity carried on for the primary purpose of helpin...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The purpose of this study is to find out the impact of employee training and development on employee’s performance. The results show th...Continue Reading »
8. OUTSOURCING, A STRATEGY FOR ORGANIZATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN NIGERIA OIL AND GAS SECTOR (A SURVEY OF SELECTED OIL AND GAS COMPANIES IN PORT HARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Outsourcing, dates back to the Romans, notably with the sourcing out of tax collection, regained popularity in the eighteenth...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF SALARY INCREASE AND FRINGE BENEFITS AMONG NIGERIAN WORKERS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU RAILWAY CORPORATION)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In any establishment either private or public, the impact of salary increase and fringe benefits cann...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The importance of leadership in an organization can not be overemphasized. Leadership is a major e...Continue Reading »