Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Impact of Manpower Training and Development is an important tool for improving Human power in both skills and orientation, many organizations do not take it very serious which always undermine their productivity and growth, this study therefore, intends to bring out the important of topic empirically the study also brought out some useful suggestions in analyzing the notable problems always encountered in training and development both primary and secondary sources were utilized to conduct the research, in primary source, the researcher used some interview with relevant officers of our case study. For the secondary data, this study contacted textbooks, journals and the internet, it was found that Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC) has programs laid down for its staff training and development under human resource department, the result was that this exercise has actually assisted the organization in respect of staff skill, orientation which leads to higher productivity and goals it was recommended that the organization should provide adequate funds for all aspect of training and development programs for its managers and staff and should introduce job appraisal technique in order to identify effectiveness and efficiency.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Manpower Training is very important for the development of any organization, why some organizations take it very serious others take it lightly, there is always a positive result on the part of an organization it takes up staff training and development very importantly. Any organization that fails to take its Manpower training and development very necessary is definitely going to fail in achieving its objectives and goals or would else not going to meet up with competition, there are various training and development procedures that can be undertaken by organizations, this study is about highlighting the fact that unless training and development of manpower is properly done, objectives can never be attained.
Manpower Development therefore, becomes the end result of the application of power and thought career development in the public sector as in the private sector, employees anticipate equitable and adequate manpower development training. One of the purposes of an organization is to permit the group of individuals to enhance efficiency and productivity. Efficiency refers to an input output relationship that is maximum works advised for a maximum layout of energy or resources, it is a nation of optimization where by maximum satisfaction is obtained for a given outlay of resources, efficiency on the other hand refers to the ability to operate or carry out a task. According to required standard, the study of manpower development as a tool for organizational efficiency has been embarked upon in attempt to access the extent to which organization especially the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC) cherish and promote the manpower training and development in maximizing individual and organizational output.
Therefore, the study would like to access, how far manpower development planned with the mind of those at the top level management whenever they are planning strategies to introduce new concept to the administrative procedures with particular reference to Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC). In this development and recognition of the importance of impact of effective manpower development, the federal government of Nigeria inaugurated the National Manpower Planning Board on 18th October, 1992.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited is to some extent a large governmental organization both in the recruitment of the employees from all the departments, its system of operation as well as functions, the need for effective planning and manpower development need not to be over emphasized if the organization must remain on such positions and be among the best organizations in the country.
Benefits of impact of manpower development have rarely been demonstrated, this is partly as few boards and parastatals attempt to evaluate the result of training because sometime employees are allowed to pursue careers that have no relevance to the organization major functions.
Many believed that evaluation is difficult and that everyone would like to advance his or her career there by overwhelming the organizational training request, these are other aspects of manpower development and their potential benefits to transaction and individual from the basis of the study.
1) Despite its important position in the state, why has the benefit from manpower development seldom demonstrate.
2) Is this as a result of poor evaluation of training by the policy board?
Is its attributed to the pursuance of careers by the staffs which are a relevant to the organization?
3) Is training evaluation so difficult to create the individual career goals overwhelming the organization training request?
4) Is development used as a motivation to how the staff work efficiently towards industrial development or it is assume as move benefits to the staff?
5) Or is it the un – corporative attitude of the implementation machinery.
Mr. Senas Ukpanah emphasized and recognized the important rule of effective manpower planning and utilization in national economic development.
The problem of manpower development planning is seen as a federal problem, Kaduna refining and petrochemical is not an exception.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The study of impact of manpower development as a tool for organization efficiency has been embarked upon in an attempt to access the extent to which governmental organizations like the KRPC can see career development as essential tools designed to maximize individual and enhance organizational output.
In the light of the problem already identified in 1.2 above, the study was undertaken with the following aims and objectives in view.
a) To study the development system in order to appraise us adequacy as a form of manpower development.
b) To study operation of KRPC, with aims of identifying the impact of manpower utilization and development.
c) To find out whether development is for occupational competence or to help those who have saved long on a particular job to change.
d) To find out the implication of the method used and its consequences on the job and how it affects the workers behaviours.
e) To identify means for evaluating the effectiveness of the development procedures.
f) To increase the level of awareness of the organization of the effects of efficiency on general productivity, performance, morale and need for management to design adequate schemes for its employees.
g) To make general recommendation to the management of Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited on the possible areas of improvement.
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
H0: Impact of Manpower Training and Development has no Significant Effect on Organizational Productivity.
H1: Manpower Training and Development have Significant Effect on Organizational Productivity.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study is specified on the impact of manpower training and development as a tool for organizational productivity which explains the inefficiency that characterize our public corporation which also result into lack of commitment to work and the waste of searches which strangely need to enhance social and economic development. It is hoped therefore that this study would provide information on the remote and immediate cause and possible solutions to the manpower development problems as they affect the KRPC, it is also hoped that the finding of this study will contribute to existing knowledge and information on the area of research, it is also expected that the findings and recommendations of this study will guide KRPC to establish a formidable manpower development planning, the study would also be useful to the people who always cry that the organization does not have effective manpower development programmes, so that they know its limitations and area of help to the workers for their support and recognition of their efforts to the organization.
Finally, this study will be useful to the students that may wish to write or make research or similar topics and using this as a point of reference to reoriented them towards their profession or future research or practical endeavour.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is limited to Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited, which is a subsidiary of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, within this, the study will only be concerned with KRPC as a government organization of the country to establish to ensure the development of the country and the state in particular.
The research scope within this case study does not include its general activities but the area of manpower development as a prominent or versatile tool for ensuring industrial efficiency in the organization.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Firms were in short supply to the researcher and the researchers could not purchase some valuable printed materials needed for this project at the time they are most needed. The expenses on transportation to KRPC are so enormous because on many occasions the researcher was not attended and would leave without the information required, this happened because especially in the collection of questionnaires.
Also, the issue of limited time by which this project must be completed and submitted has hindered a thorough investigation and information of data source.
The research had a restricted feasibility in the area of the case study, this is due to bureaucratic reasons in the administrative procedures in the organization, it was not possible to get allt he necessary information that would have helped in producing a comprehensive research work, the process of going through some records to get data was very tedious and formidable task as some materials needed are tagged “TOP SECRET”.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. OUTSOURCING, A STRATEGY FOR ORGANIZATIONAL EFFICIENCY IN NIGERIA OIL AND GAS SECTOR (A SURVEY OF SELECTED OIL AND GAS COMPANIES IN PORT HARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Outsourcing, dates back to the Romans, notably with the sourcing out of tax collection, regained popularity in the eighteenth...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF REWARD SYSTEM ON THE MOTIVATIONAL LEVEL OF EMPLOYEES; A SURVEY OF SELECTED INVESTMENT COMPANIES IN LAGOS METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT The research is an appraisal of the effect of reward system on the motivational level of employees; it analyzes the concept of reward system,...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF MOTIVATIONAL FACTORS ON EMPLOYEE’S PERFORMANCE IN NIGERIA (GLOBAL POLYTHENE INDUSTRY KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY For an organization to operate smoothly there are must be motivation between the employer and the...Continue Reading »
4. A SURVEY OF DATA BASE MANAGEMENT IN ENHANCING THE WORK PERFORMANCE OF OTM GRADUATES IN SELECTED ORGANISATION IN ABUJA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A database is an organized collection of data. It is the collection of schemes, tables, queries, ...Continue Reading »
5. COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR THE EFFICIENCY OF WORKERSâ€™ PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF AUCHI POLYTECHNIC, AUCHI)» Abstract This research focuses on communication as a tool for the efficiency of workers’ performance in an organization. Based on the analysis o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In any evaluation of the condition necessary for the growth and survival of an organization, the ...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF HUMAN RESOURCES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In the last couple of years, organizations especially in Africa have been hit with the undisputable fact that the creatio...Continue Reading »
8. A STUDY INTO THE MANAGEMENT OF EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCES IN AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED FIRMS)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There are three basic things to manage in life and they are human resources, non human resources ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Human resources play a pivot role in the economic development of developing countries (Armstrong,...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The purpose of this study is to find out the impact of employee training and development on employee’s performance. The results show th...Continue Reading »