Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study seeks to find out the implication of human resource development on the economic development of Umuna in Orlu Local Government Area in Imo State. With the use of survey design and random sampling of corporate workers, civil servants, private company workers and labor in general, questionnaire administration is used to acquire information and simple percentage for generalization. The study found out that development can be achieved through accessible health care and affordable education. The study concludes that government of the country has to intervene to make this happen. To the benefit of all the people to have free medical care for deadly diseases and also affordable education for the masses.
1.1 Background of the Study
In Nigeria, it is quite obvious that we have been blessed with numerous natural resources witch include limestone, tin ore, coal, zinc, agricultural products and petroleum, to mention a few, we have also been blessed with human resources by reason of population of which emphasis is laid as regards to developing them.
For a country to achieve economic development there must be the existence of both natural and human resources in that country. Meanwhile the existence of only natural resources cannot make a nation to develop economically, rather, it serves as its prerequisite.
Natural resources are found on, in and beneath the land and sea while human resources are the efforts of man of harnessing the natural resources (uwazie 2009). By implication, without the efforts of human resources which act upon the natural resources and co- ordinates other factors of production, development cannot take place.
Human resources occupy an indispensable position in a nation’s productive system as it is regarded as the active participant in production of physical capital of goods as we as the production of physical cash needed for the improvement of the rate of economic growth.
The human capital is responsible in the mobilization exploitation and extraction of natural resources from its original or natural state to a finished product process. This is because it is the human factor that co- ordinate other factors of production and also actively participates in the harnessing of those factors to achieve utility.
The justifies the fact that “75% of the national income is contributed by human resources” (Uwazie 2009).
Traditionally, economic growth and development has a positive relationship with the rate of quality human resources available in a country. Economic development can be achieved through increase in employment, per capital income, standard of living; low cost of living, favorable balance of payment, good medical accessibility etc.
However, this topic selected in poised to analyzed the situation inherent in the Nigerian economy and assort or suggest solutions to it for the betterment of all and sundry.
1.2 Statement of the problem to date there has been obvious increase in economic activities in Nigeria. These economic activities constitute the source of income and revenue for majority of the population. This occurs due to globalization mobilization and civilization which now characterize the countries of the world.
In additions, the need for qualitative and quantitative correspondence in the increased labor force is required so as to commensurate the demand for skilled and semi – skilled personnel which will bring about efficiency of production.
Conversely, there is increasing concern that the development of human resources has been hundred by some factors which includes corruption, unemployment poor and inadequate infrastructure, low standard or education, dilapidated value system etc. which bring about the problem of question. In what ways can human resources be developed in order to facilitate Nigeria economic development.
In summary, this study sets to find out if human resource development can head to economic Development.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
Since the origin of man, there has been the existence of economic activities around the world. These activities began in form of trade by barter and later restructured into the present market system- exchange, buying and selling of goods and services in monetary terms. These activities rang from extraction, manufacturing, distribution to direct selling of goods and services.
All these activities are designed to accumulate wealth and capital of which human Resources play a vital role in it.
The purpose of this research is to investigate the nature and importance of human resource development, identifying the short- coming involved in order to find out ways in which human resources can be developed to serve a bold step towards attaining economic development of Nigeria.
To this end, this study will explore the best of my ability and information available to me, the validity of effects and information available to me, the validity of effects and contribution of human resource development towards the development of the economy of Umuna in orlu Local Government in Imo State Nigeria.
1.4 Significance of the Study
With the knowledge of the fact that human resource is useful to the individuals, organization and government parastatals in all aspect of the economy this research is important because it throws more light on the various functions of human resources as it has been mentioned earlier that human resource is the active agent in the production process; it is also responsible for planning, organizing staffing, directing, coordinating other factors of production and in making decisions to facilitate production and in making decisions to facilitate productions. The development of the human factors of production, therefore, is synonymous to improving the quality of output, products and capacity of the labor force in Umuna in Imo State.
This study will be useful to researchers, students, teachers, policy makers, curriculum planners, government and virtually everyone who loves the acquisition of knowledge.
After this study, if the suggestions can be applied, then Umuna should be getting prepared for being listed as one of the developed city in Nigeria.
1.5 Research Questions
With the aim of re- branding Umuna through human resource development, Umuna needs the total commitment and willingness of both her professionals in various fields and aptitude of human endeavor and the entire labor force/ working population to increase the rate of their growth and development as regards to functional improvement and productivity, so as to ameliorates the economic down turn and incidence of global financial crisis which is associated with economic depression. This study intends to find out the following information:
1. Is there any relationship between human resource development affect economic development?
2. To what extent does human resource development affect economic development of Umuna?
3. What are the conditions of human resource development to develop Umuna?
4. In what ways can human resource development serve as a bold step towards attaining economic development?
1.6 Research Hypotheses
In order to critically examine this study, and verify the statement mode as the problem selected human resource development as a bold step towards the development of the economy of Umuna the null and alternative hypotheses are stated thus:
Ho: Human resource development has a relationship with economic development.
H1: Human resource development does not have a relationship with economic development.
After this study, if the findings prove that human resource development leads to Economic development, I will accept the null hypothesis.
1.7 Scope of the Study
This study is focused on Umuna in Orlu Lga in Imo state of Nigeria.
Human Resource development on one hand and Economic development on the other hand are two broad topics. This connotes the topics are two wide for an all- round research work given the time fr4ame involved, the constraints and other logistic problems.
However, the study will only reveal the nature of human, resources, the importance attached to it; it will take consideration of whether there is any impact of human resource development on economic development. It will find out to what extent it’s development will after the development of the economy of Umuna.
This research work will also stress on the cause of human resource deterioration and how possible it can be improved so as to ensure economic development. The issues to consider will include factors that contribute to human resource development factors that contribute to human resource development and current trends in actualizing human resource development.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. STAFF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT AS IMPORTANT TOOLS FOR ACHIEVING AN ORGANIZATION’S OBJECTIVE (A Study of First Bank Nigeria Plc)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The human resources are the most dynamic of all the organization’s resources of all the...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 316 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
2. THE ROLE OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN PROMOTING INDUSTRIAL HARMONY IN NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC KADUNA» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the function of human resource in promoting industrial harmony in Nigerian bottling company. The study wa...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 272 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
3. IMPACT OF RETIREMENT BENEFITS ON THE LIVING CONDITION OF RETIREES IN ALAGBOOLE AREA OF OGUN STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The research focuses on the appraisal of the impact of retirement benefits on the living condition of retirees in Alagboole Area Of Ogun Stat...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 233 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
4. IMPACT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT AND DEVELOPMENT ON EMPLOYEE RETENTION IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Over the years, stiff competition among various organizations has made management of corporations...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 260 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
5. THE IMPACT OF SALARY INCREASE AND FRINGE BENEFITS AMONG NIGERIAN WORKERS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU RAILWAY CORPORATION)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In any establishment either private or public, the impact of salary increase and fringe benefits cann...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 322 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
6. EMPLOYEE RESOURCING STRATEGIES: IMPLICATIONS FOR JOB PERFORMANCE AND PERCEIVED CORPORATE IMAGE IN SELECTED NIGERIAN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES» Abstract Employee resourcing strategies are fundamental to the survival and sustainable development of any organisation in the face of increasingly co...Continue Reading »
243 pages | 440 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
» Background of the Study Corporate Governance is a number of process, customers, policies, laws and institutions which impacts on the way a company is ...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 271 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION: 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Management needs a lot of tools to be able to administer effectively in the day to day running o...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 193 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
9. IMPACT OF OUTSOURCING ON EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT: A CASE STUDY OF A LEADING NIGERIAN TELECOMS ORGANIZATION» Abstract Outsourcing is the strategic use of outside resources to perform activities that are usually handled by internal staff and resources. The con...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 932 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY One thing that makes a well planned human organization different from an unplanned one is the pre...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 566 hits | Source: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT