Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 206 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study examines the role of women in the development of Ode-Ondo, Southwestern Nigeria from 1960 to 1999. It discusses the rolewomen played in both formal and informal socio-economic activities, which involved:agriculture, trade, handicraft, education, healthcare services and associations.The study shows that there was a clear division of labour, gender interplay and complementarities in all socio-economic activities carried out by both men and women in Ode-Ondo.Therefore, there was no isolation of gender in the socio-economic activities of Ode-Ondo;although, women shouldered domestic roles which could be social or economic within and outside the family. The double tasks set for womenin this societyoften result to shortage of time which they could have invested heavily on economic activities. Furthermore,the study examines how gender roles in general and women in particular have been impacted differently by the international and national plans,policies and programmes between 1960 and 1999. Nigerian Government with an effort to improve the socio-economic development of Nigerian societies began with the formulation of Development Plans from 1962 to 1985 focusing on agriculture (cash crops in particular), followed by Structural Adjustment Programme(SAP), Better Life Programme(BLF), and Family Support Programme(FSP) among others. The study concludes that most government policies failed to put into consideration gender roles, particularly as it relates to women‟s social roles which sustained economic activities by providing constant labour.As a result, there was a great dichotomy between genders in socio-economic activities; men dominated the public sector while women dominated all the domestic affairs during our period of study. Therefore, inequality persisted and sustainable development in Ode-Ondo became a mirage.The study used both primary and secondary sources for proper analysis.
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
This research focuses on the roles of women in the socio-economic development of Ode
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE SURVIVAL OF IGBOMINA INDIGENOUS POLITICAL STRUCTURE UNDER THE ILORIN EMIRATE SYSTEM IN THE 20TH CENTURY» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM The motivation to undertake this study on “the survival of Igbomina indigenous politi...Continue Reading »
2. INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE AND ADMINISTRATION OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION” (A CASE OF BAKASSI PENINSULA DISPUTE BETWEEN NIGERIA AND CAMEROON)» ABSTRACT The Bakassi peninsula dispute and settlement remains one of the most controversial of all international boundary disputes ever treated by the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Information is a commodity that everyone requires for survival just like air and water. Organiza...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This chapter is the introduction to the research. It highlights the background to the study, stat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Among the core fundamental human rights allotted to every Nigerian citizen is the fundamental ri...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The established features of democracy with its provision of the constitution that regulates the behaviors of both the ruling government and c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The project examines role of national museum to tourism development in Kaduna State. To identify the facilities and objects available at the ...Continue Reading »
8. A HISTORY OF MUSLIM-CHRISTIAN ACTIVITIES IN ANKPA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KOGI STATE FROM 1979 TO 1992» ABSTRACT This work examines the History of Muslims Christian activities among the Igala people of Ankpa Local Government Area of Kogi State, from 1979...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION This work is on the inter group relations between Ukwuani and Urhobo peoples up to 1900. One aspect of Ukwuani and Urhobo his...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1: Background of the Study Service quality and customers/students satisfaction have received a great deal of attention fro...Continue Reading »