Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The present Rijau is not what it used to be. At present, there are a lots of development in terms of diversified languages, land, infrastructure, roads hospital, schools, electricity etc. in the town.
Before the coming of immigrants, Rijau was known to be one single compound with various household units within it. It was located on top of a hill called “Ratayagiwa”. The compound is said to be founded by a tribe called ‘Dukawa”.
Adamu claims that, in a Dukawa society, tradition belief that eldest man in the family unit is regarded as a head of the family. This shows that there has been somebody who is recognized as a ruler1. Danmasani observed the development of political system in Rijauland. However, the political development came as a result of the coming of Muhammadu Sambo from Yautumaki, in Katsina State. Sambo who obtained a flag from Uthman. Danfodio established a political administration in the area. Until the period of the British colonial rule in 1914 that the traditional political institution was serious affected in the area. But the independence of Nigeria in 1960 came with a new transformation on both political and socio-economic aspects2.
Finally, in 1976, the establishment of Rijau Magama Local Government led to the rapid development. In 1991 Rijau local Government was created under the Banagida regimes. As a result, other developments sprang up most of which include establishment of schools, health centre constructions of roads, electricity, pipe borne water and others3
1.1 Significance of the Study
It is worthwhile to investigate and study the evolution of Rijau District. This will make readers have clear understanding of the beginning and the development of political system as well as the socio-economic activities of Rijau people.
The study is of great importance to the entire community. This project can also be a guide to those who go on with similar topic in their researches.
1.2 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aims and objectives of this study is:
1. To acknowledge the people with the earlier development of Rijau political system.
2. To understand the factors that led to the political and socio-economic changes in the area.
3. To find out the development and underdevelopment in the pre-colonial and colonial political system of the area.
1.3 Statement of the Problem
Many writings have been done on Rijau. These include those on the economy, political, religion and cultural settings of the town by different writers. But most of these writings do not cover the aspect of Rijau’s evolution.
Therefore, there is the need for the researcher to provide the historians and the communities as a whole with the history of the evolution of Rijau”.
It is to satisfy this need that the researcher embarked upon the writing of this project.
1.4 Scope and Limitations
The scope of the study covers Rijau district and the case study of Rijau local government in the pre-colonial and post-colonial periods.
1.5 Literature Review
The work of Adamu, “The Sarauta System, in Sarautar Bauchi Rijau” discussed about the establishment of Sarautar System in Kasar Bauchi Rijau. According to him, “a man called Muhamamdu Sambo came from katsina and soon became popular with the Dukawa people and finally involved in the Sarauta system4.
Bell in his book, Pioneer Doctor, The Struggler and Rewards discussed on the coming of missionary and their activities in Rijauland. Which include, the establishment of the health care centre in 1949, that was formally called United Missionary Society
(UMS) Memorial Hospital and nursing school in 1955 which later changed to Tungan Magajiya School of Health and Technology5.
In research project Attahiru, “History of Rijau” analyse the history of Dukawa-their socio-economic and political activities. He also analysed the role of women in finding the name ‘Rijau”, that was formally called as ‘Irjau”6. In addition, he emphasized on the coming of immigrants into Rijauland. He explain their impact as they develops a wider range of language and established political system7
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The established features of democracy with its provision of the constitution that regulates the behaviors of both the ruling government and c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The use of herbs to cure illness is as old as man. This is because the existence of man is not without one form of ill health...Continue Reading »
3. STUDENTS PERCEPTION OF SECRETARIAL PROFESSION IN THE ERA OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC, IREE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background to the study For decades now, fast changes have been taking place in all facets of human life including the o...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research however was proved to not only discuss the agricultural patterns of the area but to also focus on the elution of ginger as w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Historically, education has been recognized as a basic human rights since the 1948 adoption of th...Continue Reading »
6. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS BETWEEN THE FEMALE CHARACTERS: BINTA ZUBAIRU OF SEASON OF CRIMSON BLOSSOMS BY ABUBAKAR ADAM IBRAHIM AND HESTER PRYNNE OF THE SCAR...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Agarwal (2007) states that having unique indigenous cultures, nature based attractions, beaut...Continue Reading »
7. THE SURVIVAL OF IGBOMINA INDIGENOUS POLITICAL STRUCTURE UNDER THE ILORIN EMIRATE SYSTEM IN THE 20TH CENTURY» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM The motivation to undertake this study on “the survival of Igbomina indigenous politi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Since its (United Nations) establishment in 1945, the United Nations has been in a constant state of transition as various international stak...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Declaration ii Acknowledgment iii Dedication iv Table of contents v Abstract vii CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The rate of growth of the hospitality industry in Nigeria is becoming alarming thereby increasing the level of competitio...Continue Reading »