Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The rate of growth of the hospitality industry in Nigeria is becoming alarming thereby increasing the level of competition in this very industry. Most hotels in Nigeria strive to meet up with the standard in terms of good accommodation, good services, and good customer relationship with aim of increasing the level of patronage in their business environment.
According to (schumpeter, 2005) in his works stated that, innovation can simply be regarded as the creation of new possibilities and opportunities for an additional value added accordingly, considering not only the known or typical product or process innovation of production only but also the market, the level of organisational and resource input innovation. The level of innovation plays a vital role in the survival and growth of an organisation because failure to improve the level of innovation will make the organisation vulnerable and to be knocked off by the organisation that practiced improved level of innovation.
According to (Victorino and verma, 2006) stated that a hotel that hotels can not really thrive if it does not improve and invest in innovation.
The hospitality and the tourism industry goes hand in hand; since one of them cannot operate effectively without the other, in that the hospitality industry sees a tourism site as a better avenue for business.
Tourism industry has become one of the most important sector of most developing countries; the tourism industry has contributed more to the developing of most of the developing countries than the cash crop agriculture and other industries.
According to (world tourism organisation, 2002: 22), stated that tourism has contributed in the reduction of the problem faced with falling banana of the caribean island’s economies. The same was also said about the chinese adoption of tourism as a means of economic growth and development leading to great development in most of the targeted areas in China.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Significant effort has been put in place in order to enhance the development of the hospitality and tourism industries in Nigeria but about 30% of the effect was seen; the major challenges faced by these sectors in Nigeria is lack of adequate financing and the location. Financing in that the most hospitality industries could not meet up with the advancement in the level of technology thereby loosing its brand and the level of patronage. On the side of the tourism industry; take Nigeria for instance, one can only count few states that have good weather condition, good topology and nice vegetation; the above stated problem made it difficult for the development of the hospitality and tourism industry.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to find out the major challenges faced by the hospitality and the tourism industry. The specific aims of the study are:
1. To examine the factors affecting the growth and development of the hospitality and the tourism industry
2. To examine the effect of improved level of innovation on the effeciency and effectiveness of the hospitality and tourism industry
3. To examine the relationship between the hospitality and the tourism industry
4. To investigate the effect of location on the development of tourism industry
5. To offer recommendation for further studies
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
In order to ascertain the above stated objectives, the study came up with following research questions:
1. What are the factors affecting the growth and development of the hospitality and the tourism industry?
2. What is the effect of improved level of innovation on the efficiency and effectiveness of the hospitality and tourism industry?
3. Is there any the relationship between the hospitality and the tourism industry?
4. What is the effect of location on the development of tourism industry?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The other to assess the challenges of hospitality and tourism industry, the study came up with the hypothesis as stated below:
H0: Improved innovation does not influences the growth and development of hospitality and tourism industry
H1: Improved innovation influences the growth and development of hospitality and tourism industry
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study assessing the challenges of hospitality and tourism industry will be of immense benefit to the federal government of Nigerial, students, individuals and other researchers that wishes to carry out a similar research on the above topic in other to understand perfectly the challenges of hospitality and tourism industry
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study is limited to assessing the challenges of hospitality and tourism industry in Nigeria.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
HOSPITALITY: the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.
TOURISM: the commercial organization and operation of holidays and visits to places of interest
Bryman, A. (2004). Social Research Methods. Oxford: Oxford University Press
Bryman, A. and Burgess, R. G. (1999). Development in Qualitative Data Analysis: An Introduction. InBryman, A and Burgess, R. G (Eds)Analysing Qualitative Data.London: Rutledge, 1- 15.
Federal Republic of Nigeria. (1992). NigeriaTourism Development Corporation Decree 81 of 1992.
Lagos: The Federal Government Press.
Orga, D.Y. (2005).Evaluation of Cultural Tourism Resources in Benue State Nigeria. Journal of Adult Education and Community Services, 1(1), 51-161.
Orga, D.Y. (2006). Nature- based Tourism Resources in Benue State Nigeria. Biological and
EnvironmentScience Journal for the Tropic,3(1), 58-60.
World Tourism Organisation. (1999).Guide for Local Authorities on Developing Sustainable Tourism
Supplementary Volume on Sub-Saharan Africa.Madrid: World Tourism Organisation.
World Tourism Organisation. (2002). Tourism and Poverty Alleviation. Madrid: World Tourism
Swarbrooke, J. (1995). The Development and Management of Visitor Attractions. Oxford:
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA 1900 – 1966 The History of Nigeria Up To 1914 Nigeria the most populous country on the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The established features of democracy with its provision of the constitution that regulates the behaviors of both the ruling government and c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION: Omu Aran is the most populous and largest town in igbominaland of kwara state. The town was originally called “Omu”...Continue Reading »
4. CLIMATE CHANGE AND POLITICAL CONFLICT IN AFRICA: FOCUS ON MIGRATION AND REFUGEES IN THE CONTINENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Conflict is the incompatibility of goals and values between two or more parties in a relationship...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH TOWARDS AMELIORATION OF SOCIO-CULTURAL PRACTICES INIMICAL TO WOMEN LIBERATION IN IGBOLAND» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study: Igbo people are an ethnic group living chiefly in South –Eastern Nigeria. The area is loca...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study examines the role of women in the development of Ode Ondo, Southwestern Nigeria from 1960 to 1999. It discusses the rolewomen playe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY For age long decades, travelling has always been a part of man. People travel for various reason...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY What today developed by the working of the Holy Spirit to become the Catholic Diocese of Nsukka, was ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Historical Background Of Nigerian Foreign Policy A study in Nigeria’s foreign policy over time has quite often under sc...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF ALMAJIRI SYSTEM OF EDUCATION; IT’S IMPLICATION FOR CHILD, FAMILY AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN ZARIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STA...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY “Almajiri” is a hausa word meaning immigrant children in search of search of Qur’anic education. The chi...Continue Reading »