Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Is a condition or state where by surface of the building appears to be wet or fueled with moisture as a result of water penetration through the process of condensation, infiltration and capillarity attraction. However the problems attract the researcher to look for the dangers associated with dampness in building so as to minimize the accuracy.
Dampness is the presence of unwanted moisture in the structure of a building either the result of interaction from outside or condensation from within the structure.
According to Godish (2001 dampness tent to cause secondary damage to a building, the unwanted moisture enable the growth of various fungi in wood causing rot or mold health issuers and may eventually lead to sick, building syndrome, plaster and pints deteriorates and wall-papers loosens-stains, from the water silt and form mold, mar surfaces the highest carbon mold construction are found on the building where significant infestation has cured, usually as a result fo severe water intrusion or flood damage mold can growth on almost any surface and occur where is a lot of moisture from structural problems such as leaky roofs or high humidity levels.
Is the structure with roof and walls standing more or less permanently in one place such as house or a factory?
Building is comes in a variety of shapes, sizes and function and have adopted through out of history for a wide number of factors from building materials available to weather condition, to land price, ground condition, specific uses and aesthetic reasons. To better understand the term building serve several need, of society-primarily as a shelter represent a physical division of the human hesitation (a place of comfort and safety) and the outside (a place that at a time may be harsh harmful).
Ever since the first care pointing building have also become object or coni cases of artistic expression.
In resents years, interest in sustainable planning and building practices has also become an intentional part of the design process of many new buildings.
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Charanchi, the headquarters of Charanchi Local Government Area in Katsina State and old and historic town, situated at about 38km South ward from Katsina.
Charanchi was initially founded by ‘Faffaffa’ a heads man history shows that the founder was living in a bush in the western part of the town caved Garin Ruwa, the man have a large number of animal as such rearing them in the bush. When Faffaffa realized that the animal food was in short supply in Faffafa, he bush where the gets more foods for his animals. Traditionally when he Metspasfure land he usually constructs a hut made up of construe and thatch, in the event of such practice he come to a place in the present day Charanchi is in 1835 where he constructed a hut, the place later name as Gidan Galadima, the house of Galadima Ibrahim, as a result of his living in the area his Fulani colleagues started coming to the place so as get food for themselves and feed their animals, the land has been filled within short period of time the place was blessed with reasonable number of people residing.
Mean while the town gets its name from a big Baobab tree in the place with which the settlers were using to prepare their soup. As a result of the sweaty taste of the Baobab giving to their soup while eating their food they use to make comment among which was the soup had a kery nice taste Chranchi “that ids sweetness they later called “Chi” at the last ward putting it as Charanchi town was first found in the year 1850 Charanchi started top in the rulling dynasty. The first village head of Chanrachi town named Asma’igau, was Bebegi dodo, in 1910 the Europeans established a company called U.A.C (United African Company Limited) in the town, as a result of their observation to the town they considered it as centre of commerce in Katsina province many European lad resided in the town with the establishment of the company. As a result of the residing by the European in the town after the establishment of the residing by the European in the town after the established of the company the town was blessed with a very big market as such commercial activities had developed rapidly.
The famous nature of the market is an evidence hence during that period of peoples takes long distance from neighbouring areas like Sokoto, Baura and Moidua, to Charanchi in order to buy a yard ALAWAYYO because it cannot be due to the big market in the town people of the other place put forward a matto to the town as (AYYO, BAKIN GARI DA FARAR KASUWA BADAN GARINDA DA GARIN YA TASHI) the recent history indicated the creation of district headquarters out of Rimi district in 1992, the history also indicated the creation Charanchi Local Government out of Rimi Local Government in 1996 during the administration of Gen. Sani Abacha the Local Government area comprises of two district head.
That is district head of Charanchi and Kuraye with ten wards namely, Charanchi, Radda, Koda, Tsakatsa, Doka, Gana, Banye, Kuraye, Safana, and Majenwayya it has a population of 137, 613 people as the (2006 Population Census).
RULERS OF CHARANCHI FROM 1850 TO DATE
Bebeji Ado 1850 – 1910
Galadima Abubakar 1910 – 1925
Galadima Ibrahim 1925 – 1930
Galadima Abdul’aziz 1930 – 1934
Galadima Abe 1934 – 1942
Galadima Ibrahim 1942 – 1968
Galadima Shehu 1968 – 1969
Galadima Mansir Ibrahim 1969 – 1973
Galadima Lawal 1973 – 1992
The is two district head the first and second district head and up to date he is alive, the district head of the town ALHAJI ABASHE ABDULKADIR (AT SARKIN SHANNN KATSUNA).
THE LANGUAGE SPOKEN
The language spoken in Charanchi town as follows:
Hausa and Fulani Scattered in various quarters of the town.
The local Government an area lies in the Savannah region and is characterized by two reasons namely dry and rainy season started October to April and come in two phases, the cool and dry period makes the end of rainy season last through February. This is usually the hamattan period when the dry dust winds blows from across the Sahara after which the dry and hot season begins from April through to September, this is the cold and wet period with the average annual rainfall.
a. Agricultural Resources
The agricultural resources among offers are from product and animals, the local government area has two main seasonal crops which are dry and rainy season crops. The rainy season crops include millet, groundnuts, guinea corns, beans, cotton, while the dry season crops include tomatoes, pepper, onion etc.
b. Animal resources
Common animals keep’s in this area include cattle, sheep, goats, donkey, rabbit, chicken. While there product, meat egg, butter, cheese, hides and skin for home consumption and economic purposes.
Charanchi Local Government Area has 2 periodic market which include Charanchi and Radda Market, 3 Abattoirs, 2 Filling Station and 1 Company Nigerian Tele-Communication Limited Exchange Station. However there are some small scale industries which include Haske Bread, Annuwa Bread, BBC Soft Drinks, A.A Soft Drinks, Mashasha Petroleum Company Limited. Etc.
OCCUPATION OF THE PEOPLE
The main occupant of the people of Charanchi is farming few are traders and civil servants, pottery, black mitting barbing and lether work are the major occupation of Charanchi Dwellers.
The people of the town are all Muslims and there are many Qur’anic and Islamiyya school scattered in the town for the training of the young ones.
There are two big Friday Mosques which gathers thousands of Muslims faithful every Friday to attend the Friday congregational prayer. There are some few non Muslims who are non indigenes of Charanchi, but are residing there for the purpose of there business.
For vital activities such as marriage and naming ceremonies, people are invited to witness the occasion. There used to e some traditional celebrations yearly especially during dry season such as local wrestling, local boxing and share. In the share festival the organization of Fulani people do invite the people who will participate in share and advance use to send an invitation to prominent leaders of the Fulani community around the area. So that leaders will inform their people are they will start preparation to get all the necessary material needed before the specified date. However, with regards to marriage ceremony, initially when a boy see a girl that he loves he will talk to her, that is he will introduce himself to her when she agree with him, he will fixed certain period of time visiting her in her father’s house. They understand each other the boy will tell his parent about his love with the girl. So from the 2 – 3 people will be assigned from the boy’s house to go and ask for permission from the girls parent. When the girls parent gives go ahead some amount of money will be sent to the bride house then the wedding Fatiha will be fixed by the bride and groom’s family.
THE COMMON HEALTH PROBLEMS
The commonest health problems in the area of the study include infection e.g. respiratory tract infection, diarrhea, disease, and malaria, aneamia in pregnancy and malnutrition in children area also prevalent.
Nevertheless, health services are carried out in the area such as immunization, helath education, treatment of minor ailment and oral rehydration therapy ORT referral are also been made to general hospital.
ATTITUDES TOWARD PROBLEMS
Some people do attend hospitals whenever they have some health problems while others refuse to attend they prefer local or traditional medicine, with regard to immunization against the six killers diseases such as tuberculosis, tetanus, diphtheria, whooping cough, measles and poliomyelitis.
Educational set up among the people of the area of study are rightly educated in both western and Islamic education, Charanchi town have three (3) primary school, one is pilot primary school, one is model primary schools, and the last one is central primary school. There are also two secondary schools in the town one is Government Girls Technical College Secondary School is for female and the other one is Government Day Secondary School for the male. Apart from the Islamic education, Charanchi town have many Qur’anic Schools scattered everywhere in the town for training of the young one’s who are the future leaders of tomorrow.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To identify the effect of dampness in building.
2. To identify the causes of dampness in building.
3. To identify the measure of steps taken to prevent the occurrence of dampness in building.
4. To identify the various health problems related to dampness in which building within the study area.
5. To health educate the community on the dangers associated local government which saves as the area of the study.
1. Are people of Charanchi Local Government fully aware with dangers associated in dampness.
2. Does disease associated with building among the people of Charanchi Local Government Area include catarrh, pneumonia a respiratory tract infections, ye problem etc.
3. Does the rote of health personal in prevention dampness among the people of Charanchi Local Government area through house to house inspection.
4. Does health education play a vital role in positive attitudinal change among people of Charanchi Local Government Area.
5. Does health education the main factor of prevention of diseases associated with dampness in building.
1. People of Charanchi Local Government Area are not fully aware with dangers associated with dampness.
2. The disease associated with building among the people of Charanchi Local Government Area include catarrh, pheumonia, respiratory tract infection, eye problem.
3. The role of health personal in preventive of dampness among the people of Charanchi Local Government Area is through house to house inspection.
4. Health play a vital role in positive attitudinal change among people of Charanchi Local Government Area.
5. Health ecuation is main factor for preventive of diseases associated with dampness in the building in Chanranchi Local Government.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF INDIAN HEMP SMOKING ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AMONG STUDENTS OF KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Indian hemp is a plant that has been cultivated since ancient times for its fiber, oil, and narco...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The spread of the HBV in Nigeria has posed a lot of threat to health and well being citizens in N...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Cerebrospinal Meningitis (CSM) is a major public health problem in many parts of the world. Cerebrosp...Continue Reading »
4. IMPACT OF SEXUALITY EDUCATION IN REDUCING UNPROTECTED INTERCOURSE AMONG ADOLESCENTS IN OVIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Sex education is enlightenment on issues to human sexuality which includes emotional relations an...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMENT ON THE PREVALENCE OF ABORTION AMONG TEENAGE GIRLS IN FAKI ROAD SABON GARI TUDUN WADA KADUNA SOUTH.» ABSTRACT The research is carried out on factor that affecting the teenage abortion and causes and Health education on prevalence of Abortion among tee...Continue Reading »
6. APPRAISAL OF THE KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICE OF EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING BY MOTHERS IN KAJURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Breastfeeding is the ideal method suited for the physiological and psychological needs of an infant. ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to explore the impact of nutrition education on the dietary habits of female secondary school students, sixty...Continue Reading »
8. HEALTH COMMUNICATION AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH CARE DELIVERY: A STUDY OF PLANNED PARENTHOOD FEDERATION OF NIGERIA INTERVENTION IN UNGUWAN MUAZU, KADUNA ...» ABSTRACT The level of women’s access to information on health issues is rather low in rural communities and, therefore, women are seen as vulner...Continue Reading »
9. KNOWLEDGE, PERCEPTION AND ATTITUDE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TOWARDS REDUCING HIV/AIDS IN ENUGU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» Abstract The main purpose of this study is to determine the knowledge, perception and attitude of secondary school students towards reducing HIV/AIDS ...Continue Reading »
10. THE UTILIZATION OF PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES AMONG COMMUNITY HEALTH PRACTITIONERS IN YORRO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF TARABA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study According to the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (2013), Standing Orders are set of s...Continue Reading »