Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 29 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This family case study was carried out at Primary Health Centre Kagoro, Kaduna South, where I did my rural practical experience as a Public Health Nurse on training.
Mallam M.Y is Hausa by tribe and Islam by religion. Who live with his parents at Dutsen Street Kagoro, born on 10th December, 2015 and is the first born and the only child of the family.
The patient was brought to the facility around 11:00am with the following complain failure to thrive, wasting, diarrhea, hotness of the body, and frequent crying.
On examination, patient was found to be dehydrated with distended abdomen, old man face, and weight loss.
Mallam M.Y was diagnosed of marasmus, which occur as a result of deficiency of proteins, calories, minerals and other vitamins in the diet.
1.1 Case Study Background
The Developmental Milestone
Mallam M.Y was born at Primary Health Centre Kagoro Kaduna South on 10th Dec 2015. The mother completed all her booking appointments and duration of the pregnancy was 38 weeks gestation and had spontaneous vagina delivery without complication before and after delivery.
Patient had not been growing well since the age of Nine months as evidenced by stunting and weight loss. Patient received only OPVO at birth as immunization throughout his life.
Past Medical History
The patient had a history of malaria in the past, which was treated with antimalaria drugs. He also had diarrhea and abdominal pain, which were all treated. Mallam M.Y have never had blood transfusion, nor surgery.
Present Medical History
Mallam M.Y was brought to the Primary Health Centre by his mother who complained of failure to thrive, diarrhoea, elevated temperature, frequent crying and wasting.
On examination, patient was found to be dehydrated, with distended abdomen, having old man’s face, stunned and low weight. The diagnosis of Nutritional Marasmus was made. His vital signs were as follows:
(a) Temperature – 37oc
(b) Pluse rate - 110 beats per minute
(c) Respiration – 26 beats per minute
Various laboratory investigations carried out include; MP, Hb, Blood group. The investigation result was as follows:
MP (+) Hb 12g/mml, Blood group (0Rhd + ve) all were normal.
1.2 Family Social History
Dustema Street Kagoro
Dustema Street Kagoro
Dustema Street Kagoro
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. KNOWLEDGE, PERCEPTION AND ATTITUDE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TOWARDS REDUCING HIV/AIDS IN ENUGU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» Abstract The main purpose of this study is to determine the knowledge, perception and attitude of secondary school students towards reducing HIV/AIDS ...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION IN PRIMARY HEALTH CARE IN ALKALARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BAUCHI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study In 1978, the World Health Organization (WHO) adopted the policy of “Health for all by the year ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The concept of ageing is a universal phenomenon that cuts across all facets of living things as a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The objective research work was to carry out an ergonomic assessment of the korope buses plying Osunroads, in other to determine their suitab...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study involved the investigation of the causes, effects and remedi of drug abuse among pregnant women with reference to Winners clinic, L...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Maternal mortality, also known a maternal death, continues to be the major cause of death among w...Continue Reading »
7. THE LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE REGARDING ORAL HYGIENE AMONG PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILDREN IN RIMINGADO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KANO STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Dental caries is a disease with multi factorial causes the prevalence and incidence of dental cares i...Continue Reading »
8. KNOWLEDGE OF THE CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ABAKALIKI L.G.A OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study aimed at ascertaining the causes and consequences of sexually transmitted infections among secondary school students in Abakaliki ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Malnutrition in children also known as undernutrition is common globally and results in both shor...Continue Reading »
10. THE PROBLEMS OF TEACHING PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN BWARI AREA COUNCIL, FCT-ABUJA...» ABSTRACT The main aim of the research work is to investigate on the problems of teaching physical health education in junior secondary schools, the st...Continue Reading »