Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 35 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of Study
Transvaginal Ultrasonography (TVUS) is an essential examination of the female pelvis. TVUS has been in use for both gynecological and obstetric case management for over two decades Komolafe et al., (2016). It is a diagnostic technique and an endo-cavity dynamic scanning modality in which a transducer is inserted into vagina used for the evaluation of the female pelvis and can overcome many of the limitations of traditional trans-abdominal scanning (Ugwu, 2014).
Transvaginal Sonography has been provided to unselected women with apparently normal pregnancies, either to assess fetal abnormalities and the risk of preterm delivery. It has many advantages being clearer images of the ovaries in follicular assessment and monitoring, earlier evaluation and management of first trimester pregnancies and its complications and assessment of cervical length. Also, it used to assess cervical changes, especially in the late stages of pregnancy; as well as assess the placenta position and post-menopausal screening for ovarian cancer risks (Atalabi et al. 2012) & (Mubuuke, 2014).
There are special preparations should be done for performing TVUS procedure. Prescanning, the woman lies in the lithotomy position. Then, the Sonographer distributes KY jelly over an ultrasound transducer before covering it with a sheath. Also, the top of the covered transducer should be lubricated and the transducer is subsequently inserted into the vagina. During scanning, from time to time the transducer can be manipulated in multiple levels to gain images in different views (Mubuuke, 2014)
The transvaginal ultrasound examination involves inserting of the lengthy probe into the female’s body through the vaginal orifice, thus triggering some responses in the patient for it touches the woman’s intimate body parts. A woman may anticipate pain or discomfort towards the procedure. The sonographer and the responsible nurse has to explain the procedure to the concerned patient and any perceived changes while performing the procedure (Onderi et al. 2015).
Despite its significance, many women may find the transvaginal sonography procedure invasive, unacceptable and uncomfortable because of physical or psychological pain that may be involved. Although most women often agree to have TVUS and many of them if they have given the choice, they would voluntarily refuse it (Al Inizi et al. 2008).
Perception means the ability to understand, see, believe and feel something. The main basis of personal attitude lies in the perceptions and awareness regarding special situation Ugwu, (2014). According to Modica, (2017) that the acceptance by health care providers and the patients is widespread, but it has many advantages includes greater clinical competence, increased performance, and efficiency as well as reduced costs. The nurse's role in women counseling, education, and management is a vital component of the care of the patient undergoing transvaginal sonography.
Transvaginal sonography may be uncomfortable for most women. It can be physically and psychologically stressful for female patients, mainly in the examination of the pelvic region. Some patients may be anxious about the procedure; some may have feared that it might be a painful procedure. Female patient’s perception towards the endo-cavity ultrasound is hinged to the stimulus that invokes the five senses Onderi et al. (2015). Moreover, after the woman has perceived TVS ultrasound, she may develop an attitude and response towards the procedure that could be positive or negative based on the patients’ perception. Consequently, it is very important to investigate women’s perception and response towards the transvaginal ultrasound and its effect on the level of pain and anxiety among the female patients (Ugwu, 2014).
Statement of Problem
The perception of most women in Nigeria towards transvaginal sonography has been negative. This is due to the fact that the painful experience of these women during ultrasound is so unbearable. The pain cause by the equipment causes women to stay away from transvaginal sonography.
1.3 Research Objectives
1.3.1 Specific Objectives
This study aimed to assess the perception and response among women undergoing Transvaginal Ultrasonography in Image Diagnostic, Port Harcourt
1.3.2 Broad Objectives
1. To determine the perception of women towards transvaginal sonography in Image Diagnostic, Port Harcourt.
2.To determine the responses of women towards transvaginal sonography in Image Diagnostic, Port Harcourt
3. To determine the effect of transvaginal sonography among women on the level of women’s pain and anxiety in Image Diagnostic, Port Harcourt
1.What is the women’s perception towards transvaginal sonography?
2.What is the women’s response towards transvaginal sonography?
3.What is the effect of transvaginal sonography on the level of women’s pain and anxiety?
Significance of the study:
Despite Trans-vaginal Sonography (TVUS) is an essential examination of the woman’s pelvis. It is one of the primary screening modality. Unfortunately, this procedure has received mixed experiences from the women who have undergone it. These experiences may be affected by the cultural and social aspect of invasion of a female patient’s private life.
Although TVS is a relatively invasive procedure and potentially embarrassing for the woman, it is increasingly the routine examination for pelvic assessment, both in younger and older females (Gentry-Maharaj et al. 2013). It was observed that few studies explored the emotional and psychological aspects among women undergoing transvaginal ultrasonography. Accordingly, the presented study is carried out.
Scope of Study
Transvaginal Ultrasound: Is an imaging procedure performed to create an image of the female genital tract where the transducer device is inserted directly into the vagina and close to the pelvic structures to produce the ultrasound waves, consequently produce a clearer and less distorted image.
Perception: The process of perceiving and reacting to something, it depends on the function of the nervous system and associated with the person's experience, expectations, feelings, and attention (Alan & Gary. 2011).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECTS OF IMMUNIZATION AS IT AFFECTS CHILDREN HEALTH IN JAJI COMMUNITY, IGABI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Childhood Immunization is considered one of the greatest public health achievements of all time. ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The objective research work was to carry out an ergonomic assessment of the korope buses plying Osunroads, in other to determine their suitab...Continue Reading »
3. AN EVALUATION OF COMMUNITY CARE IN NIGERIA PROJECT ON THE SECURE LIVELIHOOD OF ORPHANs VULNERABLE CHILDREN IN SELECTED COMMUNITIES OF ANAMBRA STATE, N...» Abstract This study evaluates the community care in Nigeria intervention in OVC, a case study of three communities in Anambra state. The objective of ...Continue Reading »
4. ATTITUDE OF WORKING MOTHERS TOWARDS EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING IN MARAFAMETROPOLIS, KADUNA NORTH, KADUNA STATE.» ABSTRACT This research set out the attitude of working mothers towards exclusive breast feeding practice in Marafa Metropolis Kaduna North, Kaduna Sta...Continue Reading »
5. PUBLIC HEALTH PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH DAMPNESS DUE TO USE OF POOR BUILDING MATERIALS. (A case study of CHARANCHI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA KATSINA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION DAMPNESS Is a condition or state where by surface of the building appears to be wet or fueled with moisture as a resu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Adherence to medications has always been a problem among elderly patients. As elderly people are ...Continue Reading »
7. ATTITUDE OF THE WORKERS IN ANAMBRA CENTRAL SENATORIAL ZONE TOWARDS FAKE PRODUCTS (NAFDAC REGULATED PRODUCTS).» ABSTRACT The study was on the attitude of the workers in Anambra Central Senatorial Zone (ACSZ) towards fake products. It examined the attitude of ACS...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Background of the Study The academic performance of any student cannot be separated from the home environment in which the child lives, he...Continue Reading »
9. INCIDENCE OF GASTRO-ENTERITIS IN DANWAIRE STREET BARNAWA KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine the incidence of gastro enteritis in Danwaire street Kaduna south local government of Kaduna state of Nig...Continue Reading »
» A CASE STUDY OF UTH, UYO, AKWA IBOMCHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyThe business of risk adjustment has come a long way since the pub...Continue Reading »