Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background to the Study
According to Professor Emmanuel Ofeme, in Owerri, while delivering lecture at the 2nd Sam Okwaraji Memorial Lecture, Published by Chimaobi Uchendu, in the Sun News online sports of Friday, September 19, 2008, he said that unlike vision 2010, which was collaborative in its formulation and comprehensiveness in articulation in scope, Vision 2020 is only a single track, very large organization, but low to change and interest of the people type of development strategy for the national economy of Nigeria, as it is only defined in terms of economy.
This is the financial system strategy (FSS, 2020) model. Its main focus is to make Nigeria to become among the 20 best developed economics in the World by the Year 2020.
The former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Professor Charles Soludo, is the source and author of this great vision 2020, which he recorded in 2007, and has listed educational reforms, among others, as vital to its actualization. In this write-up, the Health Education as a paradigm to the achieving of vision 2020 goals in Nigeria nation, shows the when, what, where and how the knowledge of Health Education can facilitate effectively the achievement of the Vision 2020 goals. And by referring to the National Policy of Education, or objective, Section 1, subsection 4(a), which says that, Education is an instrument for national development, to this end, the formulation of ideas, their integration for national development, and interaction of persons and ideas are all aspects of education. This implies that, the education of a nation will result to a better citizen, made up of individuals who are mostly independent and can contribute, and take decisions to the benefit of their nation, and also themselves. And a country where people can live effectively and healthy life will be easily developed through given health instruction and education to the people living in it.
According to an extract from the Keynote Address Delivered by Dr. P.S. Dakum, in Nigeria Journal of Health Education (NJHE), Vol. 15, No. 1, 2005, health in relationship to education is crucial to the development and advancement of the Nigeria economy. For Nigerians, only those who are educated, that can carry on the economical progress of the country. But to have a sound education for meaningful development, all Nigerians need to be healthy. But, furthermore, according to the reference given above, low level of health will result to low level education. To buttress home my point, to realize the goals of vision 2020 effectively, through the use of health education, there is need for the government and people of Nigeria to utilize Health Education tools, like access to good roads, building health care centre and providing adequate drugs, and also involving technocrats as administrators in various ministries, etc.
Statement of the Problem
The under-development and impoverished situation of the Nigerian economy, as it is visible in every time siphoning of the nation’s wealth to foreign banks, by incompetent leaders of this country. Insecurity of lives and properties, gross misconduct and corruption in high places, including among the law enforcement agencies and the police. Bad leadership and other existing unhealthy situation that has crippled the development of this country are the problems to be tackled.
Purpose of the Study
The way, thorough which educating of Nigerians, about their health and other health-related issues, can bring about a high standard of living. And tremendous advancement of the nation’s economy, to place it among the 20 best economies of the world by the year 2020, is what this project work entails.
1. How can vision 2020 goals using Health Education tools bring the all needed development?
2. Are the vision 2020 goals different from the developmental changes needed in Nigeria?
3. Is the peace of this nation different from the security of lives and properties?
4. Is the independency of the judiciary different from good leadership in Nigeria?
1. There is no significant difference between attaining vision 2020 goals using Health Education tools and the all needed development.
2. There is no significant difference between vision 2020 goals and the developmental changes needed in Nigeria.
3. There is no significant difference between the peace of this nation and the security of lives and properties.
4. There is no significant difference between the independency of judiciary and good leadership in Nigeria.
Significance of the Study
This project is expected to help us Nigerians adhere to the right norms, to develop a healthy nation.
To acquaint us with the message of vision 2020 developmental strategy and address us with the significance of Health Management, and how to develop Nigeria by the vision 2020 standards, from the health education perspective.
Effective health education in this country, we will agree is capable of bringing about a reform attitude by the government and people of Nigeria to obtain its national objectives.
Since no meaningful development can occur in country filed with rancor, so the well being, safety and security of lives and properties is paramount to cooperative existence, national equity and justice. The problem of bad and failed leadership has always persisted in Nigeria.
This project work therefore, seeks to suggest the possible route to national economic development. As all Nigerians will be free in a free and democratic society. According to the National Philosophy and Policy on Education Section 1, subsection 3(a). And to the significance of Charles Soludo Vision 2020, education and democracy in Nigeria: vision 2020 by Sadiq A. Abdullahi published 01/23/2007, education provides the best alternative for national stability, security, unity and prosperity. John Dewey in the same excerpt in the early 20th century believes that “democracy was important not only because it stood for freedom and equality but because of its educational consequences”.
Scope of the Study
This study will cover all health and health related issues to the development of Nigeria, according to Charles Soludo Vision 2020 plans, to make Nigeria economy among the 20 most developed economy of the world, by year 2020. But the developmental changes needed in Nigeria, which is the key to its economical growth, is envisaged by the research objectives. This developmental strategy which is a paradigm of Charles Soludo’s Vision 2020 strategy is a research which covers the entire Federal Republic of Nigeria. It contains the process of moving Nigeria forward, and the challenges that faces the development of its economy. It contains the importance of Health Education as a communicative subject, necessary for the individual as a person, and also for every individual as a member of the community, for the health appraisals of Nigerians, so that effective development can be carried out, taking into cognizance the welfare of individuals and the entire nation as a single identity.
This research also contains the issue of safety and security of lives and properties, where the incessant crime rate can be effectively reduced. It also bothers on issue as in finding solution to the leadership problem and how to set in place an independent judiciary in Nigeria, for good leadership.
Using Health Education approach, therefore, the all needed development of Nigeria, like vision 2020 strategic plan, is envisaged by this research, so that, national philosophy, bases of health policies, of making Nigeria according to the national policy on education 2004, a free and democratic society, a just and egalitarian society, a united, strong and self-reliant nation, a great and dynamic economy, and a land full of bright opportunities for all citizens, accomplish the developmental objectives according to 2020, of becoming one of the most 20 developed economy of the world, by the year 2020.
The project was centered mainly on the effect of using Health Education tools in Nigeria to the attainment of vision 2020 developmental objectives. The area of my study covers the Departments of Mechanical Engineering, Health, Environmental Education and Human Kinetics, and Computer Science. And a sample of students in 200 level of the University of Benin would be the main focus.
A project of this magnitude cannot be carried out without limitations.
And some of them include inability to get ready made textbooks that contains issues of Vision 2020 developmental strategy and plan. So materials were mainly gotten from the internet. And the problem of incompatibility, web log and jam was also encountered.
One of the main hindrances to the efficacy of this project was the issue of time, and financial constraints limited it a great deal.
Definition of Terms
Planning: An arrangement of things to do in order to achieve something that has been considered in detail, in advance.
Corruption: Dishonest or illegal behaviors, especially of people in authority.
Leadership: The ability to be a leader or the qualities a good leader should possess.
Stability: The quality or state of being steady and not changing.
Organization: The quality of being arranged in a neat, careful and logical way.
Impoverish: To make something worse in quality.
Paradigm: A typical example or pattern of something.
Vision 2020: A strategic plan and dream of putting Nigeria economy among the 20 leading economies of the world by the year 2020, formulated by Professor Charles Soludo.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The data for this research work titled statistical analysis of reported cases of Breast cancer was collected from the National Hospital Abuja...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The spread of the HBV in Nigeria has posed a lot of threat to health and well being citizens in N...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study Malnutrition in children also known as malnutrition is common globally and results in both sh...Continue Reading »
4. A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON HEALTH EDUCATION INTERVENTION ON MALARIA PREVENTION IN COMMUNITIES IN ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria is a nation fill with vegetation and water bodies; this is usually pronounced in the eas...Continue Reading »
5. KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICE OF STANDARD PRECAUTIONS AMONG HEALTH CARE WORKERS IN CENTRAL HOSPITAL, WARRI, DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT Introduction Health care workers (HCWs) are at a high risk of needle stick injuries and blood borne pathogens, such as HIV, and Hepatitis B a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A study was carried to ascertain the potency of some techniques used in diagnosis of Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Two hundred and five...Continue Reading »
7. ATTITUDE OF WORKING MOTHERS TOWARDS EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING IN MARAFAMETROPOLIS, KADUNA NORTH, KADUNA STATE.» ABSTRACT This research set out the attitude of working mothers towards exclusive breast feeding practice in Marafa Metropolis Kaduna North, Kaduna Sta...Continue Reading »
8. AN EVALUATION OF COMMUNITY CARE IN NIGERIA PROJECT ON THE SECURE LIVELIHOOD OF ORPHANs VULNERABLE CHILDREN IN SELECTED COMMUNITIES OF ANAMBRA STATE, N...» Abstract This study evaluates the community care in Nigeria intervention in OVC, a case study of three communities in Anambra state. The objective of ...Continue Reading »
9. KNOWLEDGE OF HIV AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN IN BORNO STATE (A CASE STUDY OF MAIDUGURI TEACHING HOSPITAL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Mother To Child Transmission (MTCT) is responsible for more than 700,000 estimated new HIV infect...Continue Reading »
10. INCIDENCE OF GASTRO-ENTERITIS IN DANWAIRE STREET BARNAWA KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine the incidence of gastro enteritis in Danwaire street Kaduna south local government of Kaduna state of Nig...Continue Reading »