Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project work which is all about the fungal infestation of bakery
product BREAD, explain the kind or type of fungal organisms that are
responsible for the spoilage on contamination of bread. The infestation
of fungal organism on bread depends on the kind and number of the agent
present and upon the environment about them. this statement makes it
clear that micro organism infest foods having suitable environment
condition for their microbial activity. This project work is centered on
knowing the fungal micro-organisms that infests bread which emails the
isolation and identification of the fungal organisms, the source of
contamination a known standardized system called hazard analysis
critical control point which ensures hygienically produced breads. The
material and method email the collection of bread samples from five
different shops AT Artisan market, Enugu, the method used is the
isolation technoloque and the identification of filamention fungi and
yeast by wet mount and fluorescence microscopy. The result obtained were
gotten by counting the colonies grown on the culture medium (Nutrient
agar) and the mean of duplicate was then calculated, some fungal micro
organisms seen viewed unbder the microscope are as follows;
1.1 BACKGROUND INFORMATION.
Food can be contaminated with spoilage on pathogenic organisms ( micro). Infestation of these fungal organisms spoil the product so that it is not fit to eat; it also changes the taste so that the product is not desirable. The concept of food infestation of fungal organisms is based on the consipteration for fiutres of consumption. Infestation is defined as the over presence alone has led to its growth and microbial activity. Pathogenic organisms however can cause food poisoning. Food poisoning can arise through infatuation of food by organisms (micro) which secrete toxins which B their consumed. The cost of fungal infested bread resulting to spoilage is also great with loss of money due to wastage of the raw materials. Also considering the usefulness of this product in the community with the management of money being spent it has also helped in the sense that since it is regarded as a fast food it is being bought and consumed directly without further preparations done. Effect of contaminated bread in the society can lead to an epidemic of gastrointestinal disorder where by that particular environment that consumed the contaminate bread become affected there by developing stomach upset. As a result of this a lot of consideration should be given to breads that are sent into the community to be sold and this is done by the standardized system called HACCP ie hazards Analysis critical control point. This method is now generally considered as a choice for ensuring safety of foods (jay 1996 de Boer and Beumer 1999) hazzard analysis critical control point involves identifying places in the production process where hazzard could occur. i.e. the CCp (critical control point” and putting monitoring procedures in place to prevent these hazards occurring even with this system in place samples still need to be tested for the presence of micro organism.
Detection of most of the micro organisms requires growth of the organism on selective media which can take a number of days from isolation to identification. These method are sensitive and gives qualitative information on the number and nature of the micro organism. Present in a food sample. However, conventional methods require several day to produce result because they rely on the ability of micro organisms to multiply to visible colonies (De Boser and Beumer 1999). Presentation of bread commonly involves the use of propionates and sorbates and sometime henzoates. Preservatives are added to retain on to increase the shelf life by preventing the micro-organism responsible for the contamination of that food. There alter natives to preservatives have been bought also. The chief types of microbial spoilage of bread as a result of fungal infestation will also studied which is moldiness. Rapines is also another type of bread spoilage but unfortunately it wont be studies due to the fact that it is caused by bacterial organism which unfortunately is not a fugal organisms and as a result is not in the scope of study for this research work. Also a spoilage not so common called CHALKY BREAD caused by a yeast like Fungi, will be diseased.
1.2 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This project is based on the isolation and identification of the fungi organism responsible for the spoilage of bread. To examine the species of fungi that infest bread at room temperature.
H0-filamentous fungi and yeast has no effect on bread .
H1 – filamentous fungi and yeast are responsible for spoilage of bread when infested.
1.4 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Problems encountered by the society as a result of the consumption of coutaininated bread infested with fungal organism art circulation in the market places are related health wise, in the sease that when contaminated. Breads are eaten; it leads to caster or intestinal disorder by some fungal organism which is an a result of deposited toxins. This can lead to an epidemic, when a batch of count ammoniated breading in circulation.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The justification of this research study is to ensure that a well prepared baked bread devoid of fungal growth is being circulated on sold. It is also carried out on the basic of selling well baked breads uncontaminated so as to avoid any don’t of food poisoning associated with the ingestion of bread.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This project work is limited to the isolation and identification of fungal organism present filamentous fungi and yeast. This is also limited restricted on the examination of the end product which is the baked bread and not its raw material which is the flour, practical works is carried out on the pathogenically of species identified as this could be another area of study for interested microbiologists.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Like many African countries, Human Immuno deficiency Virus/Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/A...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS INFLUENCING THE INCIDENCE OF GLAUCOMA AMONG ADULT PATIENTS IN GENERAL HOSPITALS IN ANAMBRA STATE FROM 2002 – 2006.» ABSTRACT To achieve the state of complete physical, mental and social well being of the population there is need to create awareness and stimulate act...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATION OF HEALTH EDUCATION A TOOL FOR ERADICATING COMMUNICABLE DISEASE AMONG PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS; CASE STUDY OF LEA PRIMARY SCHOOL LUGBE VILLAGE...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A communicable disease is an illness caused by a specific infectious agent or it's toxic products...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The United Nations, since its inception, has been actively involved in promoting and protecting good health world wide. Leadi...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF NUTRITION ON MENTAL DEVELOPMENT OF SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN (A CASE STUDY OF ESAN WEST L.G.A IN EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria today with the level of exposure and improvement in knowledge on health, food and nutr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study is designed to examine the impact of traditional birth attendant practices (TBAs) in primary health care and on women. Randomly sel...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Malaria remains one of the most serious global health problems. There are an estimated one mi...Continue Reading »
8. SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHIC CORRELATES OF PERCEIVED SEXUAL BEHAVIOURS OF ADOLESCENTS IN IMO STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine the socio demographic correlates of perceived sexual behaviours of adolescents in Imo State. The stateme...Continue Reading »
9. FACTORS INFLUENCING THE UTILIZATION OF PREVENTION OF MOTHER–TO-CHILD TRANSMISSION (PMCTC) SERVICES AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN ATTENDING CLINIC AT CHIROMA ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) has a devastating eff...Continue Reading »
10. KNOWLEDGE, PERCEPTION AND ATTITUDE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TOWARDS REDUCING HIV/AIDS IN ENUGU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» Abstract The main purpose of this study is to determine the knowledge, perception and attitude of secondary school students towards reducing HIV/AIDS ...Continue Reading »