Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Prolong labor or dystocia is a common birth complication and constitute the major indication of instrument deliveries and delivery by emergency caesarean section (CS) (J midwifery women health 2007). Prolong labors is inherently difficult and it is discussed ever since freedman introduced the graphic analysis of labor, on labor progress, they propose alternative approach to diagnose a stew progress of labor.
According to freedman’s graphic the latent phase of labor begins with the consent of labor and last until the beginning of the activities phase of labor cervical dilation averages of 35cm per hour at the end of the latent phase the cervix is dilated to about 3cm the latent phase in multigravida is 5.3 hours with upper limit of 4 hours a prolong latent phase does not mean that the active phase will be prolong the active phase begins the end of the latent phase and last until full dilation of the cervix. The average length of the active phase of multigravida is 2.5 hour with upper limit 17.6 hours the rate of cervical dilation is at least 1.5cm per hours the maximum duration in multigravida at first stage is 20 hours and the second stage maximum is 50 minute friedmon the graphic analysis of labor 195,686. 1568-1575). Worldwide estimate that in every year marathon 500,000 women die on the complication of pregnancy and child birth at least 7 million women survive during child birth suffer serious health problem and further 50 million women suffer adverse health consequences after child birth. The over whelming majority of these death and complication occur in developing countries to support the upgrading of midwife skills so that the country respond to this situation by strengthening maternal and child health services. The training modules of midwifery were developed by world health organization (WHO). The need for the modules was identified by midwives and teachers of midwives around the world who attend the pre-congress workshop on midwife education under the joint sponsorship of (WHO) the international confederation by midwives (ICM) and united nation of children education found (UNICEF)> the major constraint to prevent labor and obstructed labor is the accurate and easily recognition of possible cephalopelvic disproportion (CPD) either before or during labor. Particularly in developing country on women in labor as cephalopelvic disproportion is the most common reason for intervention in course of labor. In many community or society mortify primigravida fatal head is not engaged at onset of labor even through the pelvic is adequate for this reason all women in labor should be monitored closely in order to identity problem or delay at early stage
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In Africa particularly Nigeria the major cause of mobility is obstructed or obstacle labor in Africa approximately half million women lose their life in every year. The risk of women dying as a result of complication reflected to pregnancy in developing countries can be much as hundred time than women in the western Europe or north American an average of 45 women dies for every 100,000 live birth in the developing world (cited world health organization maternal mobility rate 1991). This is the reason why it arouse my interest to study deep and search why prolong labor becoming common and the possible remedy in overcoming the problem in Badikko community. Because the goal of every pregnant woman is to deliver a healthy baby to a healthy mother more over this not always the case is due to several factors. These factors may include inherit in the mother condition or the abnormalities in the baby care due to ignorance or over confidence seeking care from Untrained personnel or non conductive environment where facilities for emergency intervention are not closely (Dr. Tayo). Normal labor defines as uterine contraction that occur with frequency intensity and enforcement of the cervix (Young.12.2001) while prolong labour is said if women has been in spontaneous activities phase of labour with rapture membrane over 12 hours. The active phase of labour start from cervical dilation of 4cm. How ever the determining as on set of labour is nvery subjective by mother relatives (Dr. Tayo Abiara).
1.2 STATEMENT BOT THE PROBLEM
Prolong labour account for high rate of morbidity and mortality among women age 32 to 45 years of age. It is apparent that some people are either aware or ignorant of the damaging effect on their health due to prolong labour.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- To find out how to reduce the rate of maternal mortality
- To identify the knowledge of women on the effect of prolonged labour.
- To identify how to have a safe motherhood
- To identify on how to encourage women and community to attending antenatal care.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will encourage mother to know the effect of prolong labour and the measure to be taken in order to prevent the occurrence
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study will focus on enlightening traditional birth attendant and women of child bearing age o the effect of prolong labour for the are among people that should know about the prevalence of prolonged labour on that will help for solving nthe matters.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the effects of prolonged labour?
2. How do we prevent the occurrence of prolonged labour?
3. How can maternal mortality rate be reduced?
4. Why does pregnant women don’t want to attend antenatal care?
5. How can women deliver successfully and have motherhood?
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
This study would have been carried out in Kaduna metropolis but was limited to Badikko community due to some factors thus;
- Financial constraint: Due to lack of enough fund for purchasing research material and transportation to the research area, the researcher find it difficult to arrive to appropriate findings
- Time: The time of this research study was short in view of this the researcher could not cover many area for more fact.
- Language Barrier: The researcher does not speak some of the respondents language thus makes him to use interpreter who could not adequately interpret the information needed well.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ATTITUDE OF WORKING MOTHERS TOWARDS EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING IN MARAFAMETROPOLIS, KADUNA NORTH, KADUNA STATE.» ABSTRACT This research set out the attitude of working mothers towards exclusive breast feeding practice in Marafa Metropolis Kaduna North, Kaduna Sta...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to find out the health care seeking behaviour among the aged in Niger State. To achieve this purpose the ex pos...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF MALARIA AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN FROM 20-30 YEARS IN KAWO – MASHEGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, NIGER STATE» TABLE OF CONTENT COVER PAGE………………………………………&he...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Teenage pregnancy can be defined as pregnancy occurring in a girl between the ages of 13 – ...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM ON THE PERFORMANCE OF NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION, A CASE STUDY GIWA HOSPITAL KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This study aimed to identify the impact of management information system on the performance of non governmental organizations Giwa hospital c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.2 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Drug abuse among youths is a great problem that has speeded all over the world. In Jamaica, t...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF THE CAUSES OF PREMARITAL SEX AMONG UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF BENIN» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONBackground of the studyOver the years and all through history it has been observed that opposite sex attracts, that is, man to ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Older persons are known for wisdom because they have experienced more days or years on earth more than others. At some point in live, the old...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This is a survey of the health information resources availability and pattern of their utilization by doctors in federal medical center, Ower...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Malaria remains one of the most serious global health problems. There are an estimated one mi...Continue Reading »