Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The objective research work was to carry out an ergonomic assessment of the korope buses plying Osunroads, in other to determine their suitability to the passenger. These was achieved by collecting the anthropometric data of korope bus users and comparing them with the passenger environment inside the korope buses.
An aluminum venial caliper was used to measured stature, knee height, shoulder breadth, hip breadth and sitting among other anthropometry variables measure. Also the of metal meter tape, some of the design variable measured ware: seat height, seat length, seat width and back rest. For korope buses, 595 passengers were measured.
The result showed that male passenger were significantly larger than female in the 95th percentile in all anthropometric variables considered except in the maximum body breadth.
However, due to some unsuitability of some design variables of korope buses, appropriate ergonomic design specification were propose for the future construction of korope buses due to the research data.
Ergonomics (human factors) as the scientific discipline concerned with the understanding of the interactions among humans and other elements of a system, and the profession that applies theory, principles, data, and methods to design in order to optimize human well-being and overall system performance(The International Ergonomics Association IEA, 2003). Ergonomists contribute to the design and evaluation of tasks, jobs, products, environments, and systems to make them compatible with the needs, abilities, and limitations of people. Ergonomics discipline promotes a holistic, human-centered approach to work systems design that considers physical, cognitive social, organizational, environmental, and other relevant factors Karwowski, 2001; Vicente, 2004; Stanton et al., 2004).
According to Karwowski, 2005, Over the last 50 years, ergonomics, a term that is used here synonymously with human factors has been evolving as a unique and independent discipline that focuses on the nature of human–artifact interactions, viewed from the unified perspective of the science, engineering, design, technology, and management of human-compatible systems, including a variety of natural and artificial products, processes, and living environments. The main aim of ergonomics is to ensure the Human–Technology, Technology–System, Human–System and Human–Machine relationships. Therefore, ergonomists put human needs, ability and limitation at the focus of designing and evaluating tasks, jobs, products, environments and systems.
Korope are examples of mini buses that are used as a fixed routes public transit and passenger carrying buses within Osun state and its locality with the usual colour combination of
blue with yellow stripe. These buses are designed to carry fewer people than the normal full size buses. Although, there are other buses of different sizes and sitting capacity (Between 7 to 30 seats) but korope has the maximum of 7 seating capacity. That is the maximum passenger korope can occupy is 7 passenger; the driver exclusive. These buses are locally built or fabricated in places like Lagos state and in Ibadan.
1.2 Aim and Objectives
The aim of this project work is to make use of Artificial Neural Network for the Allocation of Anthropometric in Minibuses (Korope).
The objectives of this research are:
1. To collect the anthropometric data of the passengers of minibuses (korope) and design data in the passengers’ compartments and their environment, inside the buses;
2. To determine the percentiles of users that the buses could accommodate and
To propose appropriate ergonomic design specifications of minibuses (korope) based on the determined percentile and the anthropometric data of passengers collected.
1. Strictly minibuses (korope) buses operating in Osogbo were the main focus for this research work.
2. All ranges of passengers riding in minibuses (korope) buses were considered.
3. Minimum of 1000 passengers were considered for each anthropometric variable to be measured.
4. Minimum of 50 buses were put into consideration.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF MATERNAL MORTALITY RATE AMONG FEMALE BETWEEN THE AGE OF 15 – 40 YEARS IN KUTUNGARE IGABI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Approval page ii Approval page iii Declaration iv Dedication v Acknowledgement vi Table of contents vii Abstract viii CH...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This is a survey of the health information resources availability and pattern of their utilization by doctors in federal medical center, Ower...Continue Reading »
3. KNOWLEDGE OF HIV AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN IN BORNO STATE (A CASE STUDY OF MAIDUGURI TEACHING HOSPITAL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Mother To Child Transmission (MTCT) is responsible for more than 700,000 estimated new HIV infect...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Perforated peptic ulcer is a surgical emergency and is associated with short term mortality in up...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study assessed the attitude and practice of standard precautions among primary healthcare workers in North central zone Nigeria. HAIs ar...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Diarrhoea disease accounted for 4.6 Billion cases and 2.16 Million deaths worldwide in the year 2...Continue Reading »
7. ACCESS AND UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICTS) AMONG TECHNICAL HEALTH PERSONNEL IN ST. GERALD’S CATHOLIC HOSPITAL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY ICT has been an integral part of human life and has lead to rapid processing of mass information....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was how to use good planning of construction activities to achieve safety, good health, control and preventio...Continue Reading »
9. HALITOSIS AMONG STUDENT IN SHEHU IDRIS COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, MAKARFI, KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Halitosis or most commonly bad breath are terms used to describe noticeably unpleasant odor exhaled i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1:1 Background of the Study Drugs are commonly used by everybody whether young or old. Drugs are not only useful for human be...Continue Reading »