Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research study was carried to evaluate the effects of harmful eye practices among the people of Southern Kaduna Local Government Area of Kaduna State at the Primary Health Care Center in Barnawa Kaduna. A descriptive, cross sectional survey method was adopted. The target population of the area of study was about 3,000 with a sample of 150 people selected using a non – probability sampling technique. The result of the findings show that the people of the community prefer traditional medicine to orthodox one 40 (26.7%) applied traditional drugs while 10 (6.6%) used hospital prescribed drugs. Other studies have identified that males tend to be more affected by this practice than females. This is in keeping with our findings 53.33% males to 46.47% females. The middle aged group 40 .50 (46.7%) with the highest occurrence are more susceptible than the younger group closely followed by aged 20 – 30years and 60 years and above (20%) and the least 10 – 19 years (13.33%). The most common cause of eye disease was germ (40%). The following recommendations were made; Government should encourage the training of more community based ophthalmic nurses to improve eye health education. The management of the effects of harmful eye practices is mostly adequate information, cancelling and avoidance of unnecessary use of self medication that are not prescribed by the ophthalmologist.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study United Nation International Children Education Fund (UNICEF) and the World Health Organization (WHO) ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 96 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Cerebrospinal Meningitis (CSM) is a major public health problem in many parts of the world. Cerebrosp...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Akinyili (2012) stated that a drug is any chemical that change a person normal body process or function based ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 188 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
4. THE EFFECT OF INDIAN HEMP SMOKING ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AMONG STUDENTS OF KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Indian hemp is a plant that has been cultivated since ancient times for its fiber, oil, and narco...Continue Reading »
51 pages | 92 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
» TABLE OF CONTENTS PAGES Title page Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of the...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 78 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
6. IMPACT OF PUBLIC PIT TOILET SYSTEM AND ITS ASSOCIATED PROBLEMS (A CASE STUDY OF UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT A lot of public latrine poses a very serious problem to the people of Awka and also to other places across the country. The problem of open d...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 122 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
7. KNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPTABILITY OF CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING AMONG FEMALE PART-TIME STUDENTS IN UNIVERSITY OF BENIN» ABSTRACT Cancer of the cervix remains the most common malignant neoplasm of the female genitalia and the second most common cancer in women.. Cervical...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 80 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Prolong labor or dystocia is a common birth complication and constitute the major indication of instrument deliveries and...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 106 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Teenage pregnancy can be defined as pregnancy occurring in a girl between the ages of 13 – ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 182 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
10. CAUSES AND EFFECT OF POOR NUTRITION ON CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 15 YEARS: A CASE STUDY OF EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT In this study attempt has been made highlighting the effect of poor nutrition affecting children under the age of 15 years in Egor LGA of Edo...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 372 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION