Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research was carried out to find the impact of compute on record management in an office with the reference to thirty secretaries working in Federal Polytechnic, Offa. Research questions guiding the study were as follow: (1) what impact does the computer has on record keeping in terms of reliability? (2) What impact does the computer has on record keeping in terms speed? (3) What impact does the computer has on record keeping In terms of retrievals? (4) What impact does computer has on effectiveness on record keeping? Structure questionnaire was design and administer the secretaries. Simple mean was used to analyze the data and the results revealed that the findings, it was concluded that the computer is currently the most reliable tools for record keeping. Effective record keeping has positive impact on productivity. Following the drawing of conclusion, recommendation was offered for improvement of computer services in Federal Polytechnic, Offa.
1.0 Background of the Study
Most offices and organization appreciate the importance of record management. Horn by (2001) defines record “as written account of facts, accounts put down as hey occur and stored small collection of data about a specific) that exists as a units of information in machine readable form facts know about the past or somebody or something”
Samdanel (1998) defines record “as large of document e.g. letters, memorandum, report etc which are created, processed, stored and reviewed in any business organization or office.
In other words, record management refers to the sum total of all activities designed to control the lifecycle of records from its disposition.
Record management deals with the creation, distribution, presentation, maintenance, preservation, retrieval and disposal of records.
Mills and standingford (1983) see record management as “a direct connection between the practical working and the clerical operations”.
Record management entails the following:
v To account for the goods which have purchased as far as practicable, to trace them through the business until it have been develop and changed to the customer or client.
v To report on stock bases and wastage
v To report on transaction of an office
v To report on goods held on ordered in relation to requirements for production and selling programmes.
v To report on inactive stocks.
v To provide information for department changing or costing purpose.
v Computers are now found in every field of human activities from space explanation to literacy studies.
There are few or no area in an organization which are likely to escape the impact of computerization since business need for providing information are increasing in volume and complexity, the use of computer as a machine, which can receive, process present information in to it, at a very speed is essential.
It is claimed that application of computer to record management in an office has made record management easier and more reliable. The concern of this study is, therefore to investigate the impact of application / utilization of computer an record management in the office.
1.1 Statement of the Problem
This research work mends to discover what impact the computer has on record management in today’s office.
Also, we seek to determine and highlight the relative importance of computer as a means of keeping record over all other methods of record keeping like manual filling system and indexing etc.
1.2 Research Questions
The following question granted the study:
Ø What impact does the computer have on record keeping in terms of reliability?
Ø What impact does the computer have on record keeping in terms of speed?
Ø What impact does the computer have on record keeping in terms of retrieval?
Ø What impact does the computer have on effectiveness 0n record keeping?
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this research work is:
- To find out and show to the business world the record management features of the computer.
- To determine its impact on the record management.
- To determine its durability and reliability.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The study will be off great importance to organization and most especially the secretarial personal to know the impact of computer on record management in an office and its effective and efficiency in organization and it will enable organization. Companies to appreciate the impact of computer on record management.
1.5 Limitation of the Study
Some constraints faced by the research in the course of these study includes the following.
Ø Financial constraint
Ø Time constraint
Ø Support’s busy schedule.
Ø Death of relevant literatures.
However having summarized these challenges, the researcher was confident of the validity of the research work.
1.6 Scope / Delimitation
The research study focus.It attention on the impact of computer on record management in Federal Polytechnic, Offa.
1.7 Definition of Terms
Computer: is an electronic machine that receive instruction data as input, translate the data, process it, and present as out put to the user.
Record management: describe as the deployment of stored and retrieve information for the achievement of the objective with function of providing appropriate information and communication network to all sectors within and outside an organization.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GUIDANCE COUNSELING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SOCIAL VARIABLES AND MORAL DEVELOPMENT OF ADOLESCENTS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA AKWA IBOM STATE, NIGERIA.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover page i Declaration ii Dedication iii Certification iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi List of Tables x Abstract xi CHAP...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Statement of Problem The Eucharist, in the words of Erickson (1985; 1108), is a rite which Christ Himself established for...Continue Reading »
3. ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF COURSE OF STUDY ON STUDENTS ATTITUDES TOWARDS ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF HND II STUDENTS OF KADUNA ...» ABSTRACT The study is an empirical work that attempted to investigate the background of analysis of impact of student’s disposition in business atti...Continue Reading »
4. SOCIAL VARIABLES AND SEX EDUCATION AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ IN OGUTA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN IMO STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Declaration i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgements iv v Table of Contents vi xi List of Tables xii xiii List ...Continue Reading »
5. USE OF BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION TECHNIQUE FOR MANAGING CLASSROOM DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOUR BY TEACHERS IN AFIKPO EDUCATION ZONE» ABSTRACT Since disruptive behaviour are in a high rate among our student.. Presently it is given teachers a lot of problem. As a result of these bad b...Continue Reading »
6. THE FACTORS INFLUENCING CHOICE OF SCHOOL SUBJECTS BY SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY From the secondary school age, the adolescents are often faced with the problems o...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF HOSTEL SQUATTING ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE, INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIP AND EMOTIONAL ADJUSTMENT OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS» ABSTRACTThis study investigated the the influence of hostel squatting on academic performance, interpersonal relationship and emotional adjustment of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyAdolescence is the transitory period the individual passes through in his /her growth from childhood...Continue Reading »
9. APPRAISAL OF BUDGETARY PRACTICES IN GRANT-AIDED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NORTH CENTRAL NIGERIA (IMPLICATION FOR COUNSELLING)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The importance of effective budgetary practices at all levels of economy has for long been the major ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Guidance can be said to have started all over the world as a movement at the beginning of 20th C...Continue Reading »