Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Shortage of adequate housing virtually abounds in every country, particularly in the developing and third world countries. The shortage, in both quantitative and qualitative terms, is more acute in the urban centres. Omojinmi (2000) observed that people that sleep in indecent houses in urban Nigeria are more than people who sleep in decent houses. Thus, it is assertive that there is inadequacy in housing to cope with the ever-increasing population in Nigeria (Arayela, 2003). The causes of this dearth in housing are numerous. High construction cost is found to be present in all countries, albeit in varying degrees of significance (Adedeji, 2007). Afolayan (1987) attributes the high cost of construction to rising cost of building materials, inflation rate in the economy, high space and quality standard adopted by designers, professional fees for housing design and construction, excessive profit of contractors and 10% interest payable on National Housing Fund in Nigeria (NHF).Cases of high cost of housing compared to the low salaries of civil servants in Nigeria could be seen in the sale of 2-bedroom bungalows at Otedola Estate in Lagos, which according to LSG (1999) was the cheapest obtainable and the subsequent sale of 2-bedroom flat at Ikorodu by LSDPC (Lagos State Development and Property Corporation) at N1.7 Million. The research intends to investigate the delivery of low income housing in Nigeria ;its challenges and prospect.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The inability of many Nigerian workers to afford good housing has grown to a greater dimension, the implication resulting in low morale and productivity. However in view of the significance of housing delivery it is pertinent that the issue of housing delivery be properly addressed. The research intends to investigate the delivery of low income housing in Nigeria; its prospect and challenges
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1 What is the nature of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
2 What constitute the challenges and prospect of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To appraise the nature of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
2 To determine the nature of the challenges of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
3 To appraise the prospect of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research shall provide an assessment of the challenges and prospect of low income housing delivery in Nigeria and shall serve as a veritable source of information on low income housing delivery.
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
1 H0 The delivery of low income housing in Nigeria is low
H1 The delivery of low income housing in Nigeria is high
2 H0 The challenges of low income delivery in Nigeria is high
H1 The challenges of low income delivery in Nigeria is low
3 H0 The prospect of low income delivery in Nigeria is low
H1 The prospect of low income delivery in Nigeria is high
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is focused on the assessment of the delivery of low income housing in Nigeria .It analyzes the challenges and prospect of the delivery of low income housing in Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Man is a social being who cannot stay in a place according to William’s theory on clash of ...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATION OF WATER QUALITY MODELLING PARAMETERS: TOWARDS THE EVOLVEMENT OF RE-AERATION COEFFICIENT FOR RIVERS IN THE NIGERIAN ENVIRONMENT» ABSTRACT This study was carried out on River Atuwara in Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria with the aim of developing a coefficient of re aeration model applica...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT There has been a proliferation in the activities of crude oil exploration across the globe as a result of increase in high risk of oil spilla...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the consequences of deforestation on rural household income. This study was guided by the following objec...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Flooding is a general temporal condition of partial or complete inundation of normally dry areas...Continue Reading »
» AIM AND OBJECTIVESThe aim of the study is to improve the visual aesthetics of the whole environment at large and make the faculty more convenient for ...Continue Reading »
7. SANITATION PRACTICES AND IMPLICATION ON STUDENT’S HEALTH (CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL) ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY World Health Organization defined sanitation as the means of collecting and disposing excreta and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The Nigerian petroleum industry has been confronted by two sapping challenges over the years. The challenges relates to t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study Recycling saves energy, reduces raw material extraction and combats climate change. The vast major...Continue Reading »
10. THE INFLUENCE OF ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION PROGRAMME ON THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE: A CASE STUDY OF IGBARA-ODO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EKITI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION It is believed that God created man in his own image to be in control of the environment and make the best out of it as recor...Continue Reading »