Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 81 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The financial function has always been important in business management. Irrespective of differences in structure, ownership and size, the financial organization of the enterprise ought to be capable of ensuring that the various finance functions: budgeting and controlling are carried out with the highest degree of efficiency. The profitability of any business depends largely upon the manner the financial functions are performed and related to other business function.
During the developing stage, financial management involves only the obtaining of funds to finance the business, overtime, financial function has increased in its scope to include not only the planning of finance, but incorporate the management and control of the available resources within the firm. This also involves the external generation, flow and uses of funds and, the study and evaluation of the capital market.
When talking of the capital market, its operations within the economy cannot be over emphasized. Thus, the demand for and supply of funds for business organizations, become a fundamental management function. Therefore, financial management play an important role both in increasing operational efficiency within the firm and allocating funds to productive or investable sector within and outside the organization.
These functions can only be achieved when there is proper planning and controlling, coordinating and other elements of management combined effectively with the finance function.
1.2 Historical Background
Jomfol Investment Company Nigeria limited was incorporated in 1989. The main business of the company as contained in the memorandum and Articles of association amongst others is to carry on business as farmers, farm developers Livestock and poultry business, fisheries hatchery, producers and process or grains and all manners of crops, manufacturer of Livestock feed and concentrates etc.
The nature of the business activities includes; - manufacture, distribution and sales of poultry feeds and poultry raw materials and other related activities.
The raw materials concerns in the providing these activities includes; maize, soya beans, Soya cake, groundnut beans, and cake, wheat brain, maize brain, sorghum, palm kernel cake, spent grain, Bone meal, Fish meal, cottonseed cake, methionine, lysine, premixes, salt etc.
Finance has a big impact on business growth, as such, balance is important. Finance is one of the most important functions of any business. Not only is finance a good indicator of the health of the company overall, but it also holds an important role in managing business growth.
Weather growth is attributable to a larger market capitalization, and increase employee, a new location, a new product or service offering, or a new demographic, finance is the enable of such opportunities. Business success is about growth. There are still growth opportunities in emerging markets and in the changing advantage of these opportunities is a key goal of the whole management team, including most importantly the financial managers and their teams.
Almost every organization requires professional financial management, and this increasing need will prompt a steady growth in demand for financial management graduates. From Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to each controller, there are a wide range of career choices available.
Effective financial management is critical for efficient business operations, so well trained, experienced financial managers with a strong grasp of the operations of all departments within their organization are value for promotion to top management positions.
1.2 Objective of the Essay
This essay attempts to provide an orderly framework for financial appraisal in small business management.
It is aimed at inquiring on how Government has contributed to the progress of business activities.
Inquire the possible causes of uncontrolled cash and management of resources, the techniques methods of evaluation and performance of financial policies, method being used in business organizations.
1.3 Statement of Problem
Financial management is a feature, which govern the whole process of organizational management. Emphasis is often on planning and control used within an organisation to strengthen area of potential weakness or to capitalize on more effective opportunity for the business. The purpose of undertaking this study is to identify the important role financial management practice can help in managing an organisation to greater height.
All organisations, be it public or private need financing to attain better positions. Hence, the problems of financing all business may include: High Cost of capital. Since the acquisition of capital by small business usually attract high financial interest rates these exposes them to risk and the unsatisfactory profits is another phenomenon which hinder small business from paying back.
Deficiencies in financial management are another problem encountered by small business as managers or owners lack experience in financial management. Only posses pool of expertise in production and sales. Also is the weakness in financial planning as they are always busy directing operations and satisfying customers having no time to keep adequate data to facilitate financial projections.
Other problem includes the inability of small business to save, plough back and obtains loans due to Nigeria factors and no collateral securities.
1.4 Significance of Essay
A very good view at the appraisal of financing to small business organization in previous times, has show that managers within an organisation were more concerned with one matter or the other, and their environmental forces at different periods.
It is significant to know that in management financial, it requires the knowledge of certain functions which include: - Financial and Management Accounting, Law, Economics, Quantitative methods (like Mathematics and Statistics and Taxation). They are not part of Financial Management but support it in that, they provide useful information or give an understanding of the constraints within which the activity of the financial management takes place.
The specific functions of financial management are to ensure that funds are:
Made available at the right time,
Made available for the right length of time,
Obtained at the lowest cost and
Used in the most effective way.
The consequences of bad financial management can be very serious, if the above functions are not met at times.
In order to ensure that there is good financial management, we must develop sensible objectives, useful concepts, techniques for analyzing situations and principles for the guidance of action. The research will assist the management of the organization and provide a clear defined target output for each department.
Finally, this project will broaden the research knowledge of the topic and will serve as a platform for further development in these area of study.
To this end the research will be significant to management of small business for the following purpose:
Formulating the policies of the organization.
Planning the activities of the organization in long term medium and short –term planning.
Controlling the activities of the organization.
1.5. Research Questions
1. How has Government contributed to the progress of business activities?
2. Is there a relationship between financial management and business growth?
3. What are the possible causes of uncontrolled cash and management of resources in business organizations?
4. What are the techniques of evaluating the performance of financial policies and methods being used in business organizations?
1.6. Research Hypothesis
H0: There is no significant relationship between financial management and business growth
H1: There is a significant relationship between financial management and business growth
1.7 Scope of the Study
The scope of the study is limited to Jomfol investment company Nigeria Limited. Being a private organization (i.e. small scale business) that is funded by its sales revenue and other sources of fund. It is also on how to bring about business growth in Nigeria via appropriate financial planning and control.
1.8 Delimitation of Study
This essay is to examine the relevance of financial management to business growth, particularly financial management of an organization whether the organization is either a small firm or large organization, it has various sections such as cash office, salaries and wages, purchase and creditors, all financial activities are taken. However, the areas covered in the essay summarized for easy reading and understanding:
Sources of finance
Issue of financing the firm
Objective and significance of financing
Financial decision making (stages and process)
Cash control and management of organization in Nigeria.
Limitation of Study
In the course of carrying out this research work, the researcher encountered the following obstacles to which makes his work limited to the areas covered.
Time Constraint: Time assigned to write and complete this essay is relatively small for the research to broaden and cover the topic “the relevance of financial management to business growth”.
Financial Problem: The researcher of this work is a self-sponsored student, hence, creating a great sense of incapability for the researcher to transport himself to the places where material can be collected, payment for browsing time and getting valuable books on loan.
Reluctance of the organization to release data, fact and figures which could accompany the researchers to a successful completion of the research work without leaving any part uncovered.
1.9 Definition of Terms
Business Firm: An organization engaged in the production of goods or services.
Budget: A statement of plans and expected results expressed in financial and quantitative terms.
Capital: money used to start a business or to produce more wealth.
Credit: The ability or right to buy in return for a later payment
Control: Correcting diverts to meet with actual plan.
Debt Capital: Borrowing or loan, capital invested in the business that must be repaid.
Depreciation: Allocation of cost of an asset which will be used over the asset service life.
Fixed Capital: Long term capital invested in the business
Forecast: An estimate of the form’s future sales or the probability of occurrence of future business.
Financial Institutions – Are business organisation that lend money.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES ON THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF HARDIS AND DROMEDAS IN EMENE, ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Experience has show that development countries in the world like USA, Canada, Germany, Spain and ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 71 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT
2. THE EFFECT OF BUSINESS CREDIT AVAILABILITY ON SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION For both developing and developed countries, small and medium scale firms play important roles in the process of industrializ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 69 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT
3. BUSINESS CREDIT AVAILABILITY AND ITS IMPACT ON SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION For both developing and developed countries, small and medium scale firms play importantroles in the process of industriali...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 58 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT
4. A SURVEY OF PROBLEMS OF CYBERCAFE IN DELTA STATE, NIGERIA A CASE STUDY OF 80 CYBERCAFES IN ASABA» ABSTRACT This study reveals that the problems of Cyber cafes in Delta state, Nigeria by means of questionnaires Data were collected from Cyber cafes, ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT
5. THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS ON THE SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Oshimili North LGA with headquarters at Akwukwu Igbo was created out of the defunct Oshimili LGA in D...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 79 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT
6. THE IMPACT OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM ON SMES» ABSTRACT Currently, most organizations continue to increase spending on information system and their budgets continue to rise. Moreover, economic cond...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT
7. GENDER CONSIDERATIONS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Individuals go into business for the sake of obtaining regular income, becoming self employed an...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 59 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT
8. IMPACT OF TAXATION ON PERFORMANCE IN SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISE IN RIVERS STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction The study was meant to establish the impact of taxes on performance of small scale business enterprises in River state. T...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 78 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT
9. AN APPRAISAL OF MATERIAL MANAGEMENT CONCEPT AS A STRATEGY FOR ACHIEVING HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY IN NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Need for Appraisal of Material Management Concepts as a strategy for achieving higher product...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 63 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT
10. ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANK IN THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY The development of any country on how far its income generating sectors can increase its capacity an...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 80 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT