Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Language is characterized by set of vocal sounds which can be decoded. These are produced by human organs of speech- lips, tongue, and larynx etc. The vocal sounds produced by the vocal organs are used in various systematic and rule governed combinations. Language is thus a human phenomenon that has form which can be described in terms of the units of sound (phonemes), words, morphemes, phrases, and paragraph or discourse. Human language is unique in the sense that it has its own structure, its own system of organizing its component units into meaningful patterns.
English, Nigeria’s official language, occupies a unique place in Nigerian education today; not only has English been adopted as the principal medium of instruction in Nigeria’s educational institutions but it has also been institutionalized as the language of educational evaluation in Nigeria school system. However, Kujore notes that it is alarming how in spite of the tremendous functions that English performs as the language of instruction and evaluation in Nigeria and the bold effort made over the years to encourage its effective usage, the vast majority of speakers record in recent years is an appalling low level performance in the language (Kujore, 1995).
This research is going to investigate the instances of the non standard use of English. Whenever a language functions as a borrowed second language, problems of usage are bound to arise. This is because when a language moves out of its original speech community, it is inevitable to have some super imposed linguistics features and frictions resulting from the meeting of two systems and cultural pattern. Moreover, when the English language (being outside its native environment) there is bound to be deviation from the norms in usage (Olagoke 1981). An adult will have learnt one language, which is his mother tongue, which feature she naturally transfers some features to the second language. The study will identify and describe some sub varieties of English usage in Nigeria, which are instances of the use of non Standard English because of the multiplicity of ethnic groups in the country.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SATIRE IN CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN DRAMA: A CASE STUDY OF HARVEST OF CORRUPTION BY FRANK OGODO OGBECHE AND DEATH AND THE KINGS HORSEMAN BY WOLE SOYINKA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The literature of people is the one that seeks to discuss, expose and propose solutions to the da...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle page 1Certification 2Dedication 3Acknowledgment 4Table of content 6CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study 8 1.2 Purpo...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is designed to examine how effectively Hospital posters in Abuja communicate health message. In other words it looks into whether ...Continue Reading »
4. HISTORICISM AS A LITERARY DISCOURSE: A STUDY OF ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY, ELECHI AMADI’S SUNSET IN BIAFRA AND BIYI BANDELE’S BURMA BOY» ABSTRACT This study deploys Historicism as a literary discourse to the analysis of the selected writings of Isidore Okpewho, Elechi Amadi and Biyi Ban...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 Background to The Study: The term pidgin is used to refer to a language which develops in a situation where speakers of different languages ...Continue Reading »
6. GENDER ISSUES IN CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE'S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND NAWAL EL SAADAVIS WOMAN AT POINT ZERO» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background of the study Woman plays such a vital role of nurturing the future generations, but the irony is that woman is...Continue Reading »
7. PREDOMINANT DEVICES USED BY NGUGI WA THIONG’O IN HIS NOVEL WIZARD OF THE CROW AND WHAT HE ACHIEVED BY USING THOSE DEVICES.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Language is the distinctive quality unique to man. It is what enables man to express him/herself ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION This project is on the power relation in courtroom language. Chapter one covers the general overview of the subject matte...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research investigates the features of discourse in the interaction among market women and their customers in Oba Market, Benin in Edo st...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In the Nigerian state lies the problem of unity ever since its existence. Overtime, several linguists have tried to look at the diverse ethno...Continue Reading »