Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is an attempt to explore the recurring grave concerning the academic performance of students. Though a large percentage of students in Nigeria learn English as a second language and are instructed in it, the Nigerian pidgin seems to interfere with their acquisition of the language and their performance in it much more than their mother tongues. The impact of pidgin contributes in no small measure to the dismal performance of students in their academic career
Nigeria is a multilingual country with four hundred indigenous languages, out of which three are regarded as major ones, namely: Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba, representing the three major geo-political zones - North, East and South respectively. Despite this fact, Nigerian Pidgin is used in diverse degrees in different parts of the country and it has become a lingua franca for many, while it is a Creole in some Southern and Eastern States like Rivers, Lagos, Delta, Edo, and Cross Rivers. Marchese and Schnkal (1980) confirm this after a major evolution in the Delta area of Nigeria, they say; "... in a particular part of Nigeria, the areas around Warri and Sapele, Nigerian pidgin is more of a Creole. Creole is a mixture of an European language with a local language and is spoken as a first language.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThe study attempted to investigate the patterns of interaction in English language JSS2 classroom in Mainland Local Government Area of Lagos S...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study examined the Semantic Analysis of T Shirt Inscriptions under the following perspectives: education, politics, advertisement and rel...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is titled A Pragmatic Analysis of Politeness Strategies in Selected Yoruba Proverbs.The focus of the study is to analyse the eleme...Continue Reading »
4. THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TOWARDS ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND THEIR ACTUAL PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH EXAMINATION» Abstract This research is an attempt to find out the attitude of students towards English Language and how it affects their actual performance in Engl...Continue Reading »
5. Factors Affecting Secondary School Oral English Intsruction in Osogbo Local Government Area of Osun State» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION In English Language, there is a strong correlation between oral language skills and achievement in the written language among...Continue Reading »
6. CHILDREN’S LITERATURE FOR CULTURAL INTEGRATION IN NIGERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF SOME SELECTED WORKS OF FATIMA AKILU» ABSTRACT In the Nigerian state lies the problem of unity ever since its existence. Overtime, the literary artists alongside other sectors have joined ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION This chapter presents the general overview of this research work as well as its significance and statement of problems an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This project is an attempt to study some of the semantic redundancies found in students' speech. This is with ...Continue Reading »
9. A CRITICAL DISCOURSE ANALYSIS OF DOCTOR-PATIENT CONVERSATIONS IN SELECTED RURAL HOSPITALS IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The use of language in human communication is predicated on social relationships; hence when people converse, they are always aware of the so...Continue Reading »
10. A STYLISTIC STUDY OF PARALLELISM IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES OF PRESIDENTS BARRACK OBAMA AND GOODLUCK JONATHAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The role of language in every society is multifunctional; it serves various purposes ranging from...Continue Reading »