Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is an attempt to explore the recurring grave concerning the academic performance of students. Though a large percentage of students in Nigeria learn English as a second language and are instructed in it, the Nigerian pidgin seems to interfere with their acquisition of the language and their performance in it much more than their mother tongues. The impact of pidgin contributes in no small measure to the dismal performance of students in their academic career
Nigeria is a multilingual country with four hundred indigenous languages, out of which three are regarded as major ones, namely: Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba, representing the three major geo-political zones - North, East and South respectively. Despite this fact, Nigerian Pidgin is used in diverse degrees in different parts of the country and it has become a lingua franca for many, while it is a Creole in some Southern and Eastern States like Rivers, Lagos, Delta, Edo, and Cross Rivers. Marchese and Schnkal (1980) confirm this after a major evolution in the Delta area of Nigeria, they say; "... in a particular part of Nigeria, the areas around Warri and Sapele, Nigerian pidgin is more of a Creole. Creole is a mixture of an European language with a local language and is spoken as a first language.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFORTS OF SOME NIGERIAN FEMALE WRITERS WHO USE THEIR PROACTIVE WRITING TO AGITATE FOR CHANGE IN THE ADVERSE CULTURAL FORCES THAT MILIATE AGAINST ANY...» INTRODUCTION The earliest novelist in Africa were men before the advent of female writers in the scene. Then, the male writers portray women as instru...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Existing studies in different spheres of human endeavour have focused on the negative and destructive potentials of conflict. The scanty atte...Continue Reading »
3. HISTORICISM AS A LITERARY DISCOURSE: A STUDY OF ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY, ELECHI AMADI’S SUNSET IN BIAFRA AND BIYI BANDELE’S BURMA BOY» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 CONCEPTUAL BACKGROUND As Chidi Amuta (1988) puts it, the Nigerian civil war literatures represent a ―significant step ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 Background to The Study: The term pidgin is used to refer to a language which develops in a situation where speakers of different languages ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Music is can be seen as the relationship between sound and silence. Duration and rhythm apply to silence in the same manner as they apply to ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research studies the occurrence of the constructions and functions of NPs in English and Hausa languages, and finds out the similarities...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focuses on analyzing and contrasting the processes of noun formation in both English and Igbo languages. The method of data analys...Continue Reading »
8. A CRITICAL DISCOURSE ANALYSIS OF DOCTOR-PATIENT CONVERSATIONS IN SELECTED RURAL HOSPITALS IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The use of language in human communication is predicated on social relationships; hence when people converse, they are always aware of the so...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYLanguage is generally used for the purpose of interaction among people in the society. It is als...Continue Reading »
10. NEW HISTORICISM AND CONTEMPORARY NIGERIAN DRAMA: A STUDY OF SOYINKA’S DEATH AND THE KING’S HORSEMAN AND OSOFISAN’S MOROUNTODUN» Abstract This work explores New Historicists aesthetics in Soyinka‟s Death and the King’s Horseman and Osofisan‟s Morountodun and brings to ...Continue Reading »