Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is an attempt to explore the recurring grave concerning the academic performance of students. Though a large percentage of students in Nigeria learn English as a second language and are instructed in it, the Nigerian pidgin seems to interfere with their acquisition of the language and their performance in it much more than their mother tongues. The impact of pidgin contributes in no small measure to the dismal performance of students in their academic career
Nigeria is a multilingual country with four hundred indigenous languages, out of which three are regarded as major ones, namely: Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba, representing the three major geo-political zones - North, East and South respectively. Despite this fact, Nigerian Pidgin is used in diverse degrees in different parts of the country and it has become a lingua franca for many, while it is a Creole in some Southern and Eastern States like Rivers, Lagos, Delta, Edo, and Cross Rivers. Marchese and Schnkal (1980) confirm this after a major evolution in the Delta area of Nigeria, they say; "... in a particular part of Nigeria, the areas around Warri and Sapele, Nigerian pidgin is more of a Creole. Creole is a mixture of an European language with a local language and is spoken as a first language.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STYLISTIC STUDY OF PARALLELISM IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES OF PRESIDENTS BARRACK OBAMA AND GOODLUCK JONATHAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The role of language in every society is multifunctional; it serves various purposes ranging from...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Ambiguity is a linguistic phenomenon in which more than one meaning, or deep structure, may be represented by the same expression, or surface...Continue Reading »
3. THE LANGUAGE OF FEMINISM AND ITS IMPACT ON THE SOCIETY Using the work of Mariama Ba’s So Long a Letter,» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study The struggle for women’ right began in the 18th century during the period of intense intellectual a...Continue Reading »
4. A PEDAGOGICAL ANALYSIS OF TEACHING ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED WORKS OF FAROOQ KPEROGI'S PAGE IN THE SUNDAY TRUST NEWS P...» ABSTRACT This study aims to present a particular view of second language pedagogy. Teaching English as a second language is a quite complex task for a...Continue Reading »
5. A PHONOLOGICAL DESCRIPTION OF THE TWO-WORD STAGE OF LANGUAGE ACQUISITION: A CASE STUDY OF AN ENGLISH-HAUSA BILINGUAL» ABSTRACT Human language is primarily characterized by sounds formed and produced by the Organs of Speech. This dissertation entitled; “A Phonolo...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle pageCertificationDedicationAcknowledgementTable of Content1.0 CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION1.1 Purpose of Study1.2 Scope of the Stud...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Music is can be seen as the relationship between sound and silence. Duration and rhythm apply to silence in the same manner as they apply to ...Continue Reading »
8. A SOCIO LINGUISTIC ANALYSIS OF THE USE OF DEROGATORY WORDS ON WOMEN (A CASE STUDY OF IKEJA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Sociolinguistics cannot be defined without the language use and the society’s feedback to it. S...Continue Reading »
9. SPELLING ERRORS AMONG NIGERIA SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS EFFECT ON THEIR PERFORMANCE AS POSSIBLE REMEDIES» Abstract According to spelling experts, it is very important that the learners of a secondary language should be equipped with the basic words as to b...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work studied the discourse analysis of Athol Fugard’sSizweBansi is Dead. The encoded meaning in the conversational exchange among ...Continue Reading »