Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is an attempt to explore the recurring grave concerning the academic performance of students. Though a large percentage of students in Nigeria learn English as a second language and are instructed in it, the Nigerian pidgin seems to interfere with their acquisition of the language and their performance in it much more than their mother tongues. The impact of pidgin contributes in no small measure to the dismal performance of students in their academic career
Nigeria is a multilingual country with four hundred indigenous languages, out of which three are regarded as major ones, namely: Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba, representing the three major geo-political zones - North, East and South respectively. Despite this fact, Nigerian Pidgin is used in diverse degrees in different parts of the country and it has become a lingua franca for many, while it is a Creole in some Southern and Eastern States like Rivers, Lagos, Delta, Edo, and Cross Rivers. Marchese and Schnkal (1980) confirm this after a major evolution in the Delta area of Nigeria, they say; "... in a particular part of Nigeria, the areas around Warri and Sapele, Nigerian pidgin is more of a Creole. Creole is a mixture of an European language with a local language and is spoken as a first language.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A LINGUISTIC-STYLISTIC ANALYSIS OF THE LANGUAGE OF HUMUOR IN OPA WILLIAMS‟ “NITE OF A THOUSAND LAUGHS”» ABSTRACT One of the most intriguing things about language is its redeployment to accomplish a multiplicity of functions by different people in differe...Continue Reading »
2. SCHOOL VARIABLES AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN ESSIEN UDIM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The nation’s overall development is inextricably tied to its educational system, since educ...Continue Reading »
3. GENDER ISSUES IN CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE'S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND NAWAL EL SAADAVIS WOMAN AT POINT ZERO» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background of the study Woman plays such a vital role of nurturing the future generations, but the irony is that woman is...Continue Reading »
4. POLITICAL SATIRE IN NIGERIAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF EMEKA NWABUEZE’S A PARLIAMENT OF VULTURES AND TESS ONWUEME’S THEN SHE SAID IT» ABSTRACT Political satire in Nigeria literature as the topic of this essay sets out to understudy the employment of mockery and ridicule in Nigerian l...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work is a pragma semiotic analysis of graffiti of Kaduna Polytechnic students. Graffiti refer to the crude inscriptions or drawings whic...Continue Reading »
6. A PEDAGOGICAL ANALYSIS OF TEACHING ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED WORKS OF FAROOQ KPEROGI'S PAGE IN THE SUNDAY TRUST NEWS P...» ABSTRACT This study aims to present a particular view of second language pedagogy. Teaching English as a second language is a quite complex task for a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study undertakes a comparative analysis of the works of two Nigerian female novelists: Buchi Emecheta and Flora Nwapa, it looks at the c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe study examined the extent of the use of extensive reading in promoting communication competence in secondary school with reference to some...Continue Reading »
9. NARRATING RACISM: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF JOSEPH CONRAD’S HEART OF DARKNESS AND CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE’S AMERICANAH» ABSTRACT Really, racism against the Black man has had a long history, although it ranks unarguably amongst the most unspeakable crimes in human histor...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN THE SOCIO- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA AS IN THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD BY BUCHI EMECHETA» ABSTRACTThis thesis is concerned with feminist aesthetics carving out the motherist theory in the title The role of women in the Socio–economic deve...Continue Reading »