Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 98 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Literature overtime has always served the purpose of projecting the political realities of societies around the world. The African writer has been very much influenced by politics because the African intellectual is a part of the political elite. Thus, African literature has tended to reflect the political phases of the continent. This study therefore examines politics in contemporary Nigerian novel with particular reference to Wale Okediran‟sTenants of the House and Richard Ali‟s City of Memories. It establishes the relationship between politics and literature by exploring how writers satirise the country or the political system/activities of the political class. It further projects how Nigerian politics has become a cesspool of corruption especially because politicians are motivated by the desire to get rich to the detriment of their followers. It also establishes politics as a never ending quest and a theme that runs through almost every literary work. In projecting the political issues that parade the Nigerian society, the study adopts Social Realism as a tool for its analysis. It investigates how the selected texts replicate the Nigerian political reality, an objective reality that projects everyday lived activity, a faithful representation or evaluation of life which is concealed in reality, and also showing the relationship between art and life in an aesthetic mode. The study like every post-colonial political discourse looks at how politics at the governmental level is played, with the thematic occupation of the two text understudy to show the daily activities of the political class from an insider perspective by portraying a true to life representation of events from a realist perspective to satirise the political elite and their activities in the struggle for power and to validate the potency of money and power in the Nigerian politics which later results to the loss of focus in governance and the effect of democracy and multi-party system in the country.
1.1 Background to the Study
Literature is a creative activity that mirrors the society from which it is drawn. The
experience that man faces in the society accounts largely for the thematic issues that characterize
the concerns of writers. Ezeigbo (2008, P.4) contends that; “literature is an important means of
understanding and interpreting aspects of society such as politics, religion, social conflict, class
struggle and human condition”. This assertion further suggests that li
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SATIRE IN CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN DRAMA: A CASE STUDY OF HARVEST OF CORRUPTION BY FRANK OGODO OGBECHE AND DEATH AND THE KINGS HORSEMAN BY WOLE SOYINKA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The literature of people is the one that seeks to discuss, expose and propose solutions to the da...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language and man are inseparable and since the languages of the worldcome in contact, there is bound to be a problem like mother tongue inter...Continue Reading »
3. NARRATING RACISM: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF JOSEPH CONRAD’S HEART OF DARKNESS AND CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE’S AMERICANAH» ABSTRACT Really, racism against the Black man has had a long history, although it ranks unarguably amongst the most unspeakable crimes in human histor...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to examine how National Diploma (ND) II students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja use concord. The Study adopts the...Continue Reading »
5. SCHOOL VARIABLES AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN ESSIEN UDIM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The nation’s overall development is inextricably tied to its educational system, since educ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language is learned, shared, and it is an arbitrary system of vocal symbols through which human beings in the same speech community or sub cu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Life is full of struggles. Man lives in a hard and harsh environment where he struggles, toils and labours from day to day in...Continue Reading »
8. A PHONELOGICAL ANALYSIS OF ENGLISH FRICATIVES AS USED AMONG THE YORUBA SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE» ABSTRACTThis research work is a cursory observation of how the English Fricatives are used among the Yoruba speakers of English Language.At the phonem...Continue Reading »
» General Introduction Language as a means of communication is significant for people. As it helps to convey a message in both written and spoken form; ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle page iCertification iiDedication iiiAcknowledgment ivTable of contents v CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction to the study 11.1 Statemen...Continue Reading »