Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This dissertation assesses the teaching and learning process of Literature-in-English in some selected secondary schools in Bauchi state. The research is based on the assumption that Literature-in-English, like any other subject in the secondary school, is expected to be taught in such a way that it will be interesting to both the teacher and the learner. Visits were made to the selected secondary schools in order to observe class sessions so that teachers‟ method of teaching Literature-in-English was observed. The work discovers that the teachers did not even know the basic approaches of teaching Literature-in- English. Accordingly, they still used the traditional method of the teacher centred. An attempt is made to illustrate these approaches using some selected texts in the syllabus of secondary schools. The work is divided into five chapters with chapter one being the introductory aspect of the work while chapter two is the literature review and chapter three contains the pedagogy of Literature-in-English in which the basic approaches to the teaching of Literature-in-English were discussed and observed class sessions are reported. Chapter four discusses problems observed during the class sessions. Chapter five is the summary and conclusion where few recommendations were made. The work discovered that out of the twelve teachers that were interviewed only one of them has an idea about the approaches to the teaching of Literature-in-English and doesn‟t use any. Most of the teachers were found not to be qualified to teach Literature-in-English. The work also discovered that since none of the teachers use the four basic approaches to the teaching of Literature-in-English the students‟ final result in the subject is always not encouraging.
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This work "A pedagogical assessment of Literature-in-English in some selected
secondary schools in Bauchi State", investig
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DECEIT AND INFIDELITY IN THE WORKS OF FEMI OSOFISAN: A STUDY OF MIDNIGHT HOTEL AND FIDDLERS ON THE MIDNIGHT LARK» ABSTRACT This research investigates the concept of infidelity and deceit, the purpose is to create happier homes by revealing the already known facts ...Continue Reading »
2. TRADITIONAL AESTHETICS TRANSFER AND THE AFRICAN NOVELISTS: A STUDY OF ACHEBE’S THINGS FALL APART AND LAYE’S THE AFRICAN CHILD» ABSTRACTAfrican novelists draw their raw materials from different sources, some draw their raw materials from the folktales being told at night, some ...Continue Reading »
3. A PRAGMA-DISCOURSE STUDY OF FACE-SAVING AND FACE-THREATENING ACTS ON THE BBC’S HARDTALK INTERVIEW» Abstract The media is a powerful tool of influence in societies. Media interviews provide a special platform that showcases how language is used. This...Continue Reading »
4. PREDOMINANT DEVICES USED BY NGUGI WA THIONG’O IN HIS NOVEL WIZARD OF THE CROW AND WHAT HE ACHIEVED BY USING THOSE DEVICES.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Language is the distinctive quality unique to man. It is what enables man to express him/herself ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigerian English coinages have been widely investigated in different literatures ranging from studies in Sociolinguistics, Semantics, Pragmat...Continue Reading »
6. REVOLUTIONARY AESTHETICS IN NGUGI AND MUGO’S THE TRIAL OF DEDAN KIMATHI AND HUSSEIN’S KINJEKETILE» ABSTRACT The attempt in this study is to examine two notable East African plays, The Trial of Dedan Kimathi and Kinjeketile, against the background of...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study sought to identify factors that affect effective teaching and learning of the English language in the secondary schools in Nsukka ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This dissertation is a study of the influence of the Supernatural in Elechi Amadi’s The Concubine and The Great Ponds an x ray of men a...Continue Reading »
9. NEW HISTORICISM AND CONTEMPORARY NIGERIAN DRAMA: A STUDY OF SOYINKA’S DEATH AND THE KING’S HORSEMAN AND OSOFISAN’S MOROUNTODUN» Abstract This work explores New Historicists aesthetics in Soyinka‟s Death and the King’s Horseman and Osofisan‟s Morountodun and brings to ...Continue Reading »
10. THE PROBLEMS OF INDIGENOUS BOOK PUBLISHING IN NIGERIA PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES OF PUBLISHING IN AFRICA: INSIGHT FROM A NIGERIAN INDIGENOUS PUBLISHING ...» ABSTRACT Book publishing seems to be taking the back seat in the “comity” of mass media especially in Africa. The import of publishing is ...Continue Reading »