Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Language is learned and shred, it is an arbitrary system of vocal symbols through which human beings in the same speech community interact, thereby communicate. Errors in communication can be inhibitions towards effective communication and decoding of messages. This research sets out to carry out an error analysis on some selected Yoruba films subtitled in English. Errors were lifted from four Yoruba films subtitled in English and were numbered as attested in each film. Error analysis was then carried out on them. i.e the errors were identified, classified into their types, explain why such errors were made and corrections were proffered where necessary. The research found out that the major causes of these errors were inter-lingual and intra-lingual transfer. The research also found out that errors can cause a break-down in communication in Yoruba films to non-Yoruba viewers and in general. From these findings, the research project submitted that some of the errors that occur in Yoruba film subtitled in English are capable of causing inhibitions in the proper understanding of the message embedded in these Yoruba films to non-Yoruba viewers.
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Syntax is a technical name of the branch of linguistics is concerned with the ways which words can be combined together to form phrases and sentences. It deals with the principles that determine the ways in which we can and cannot combine words together to form phrases and sentences.
Lexicon is derived from the word “Lexicon” which means words. Lexicon-syntactic is a term that could be divided into Lexicon and Syntax. In other words, Lexicon-Syntactic is a term that means words and how they (the words) come together to form phrases and sentences.
Errors are demonstrations of incompetence, people often take errors and mistakes to mean the same phenomenon, but mistakes are different from errors. Mistakes have to do with slips and other sights which the person making one can correct on his/her own if looked at again.
1.3. YORUBA FILMS
Yoruba films also known as Yoruba home videos have been in existence for many decades in Nigeria. The Yoruba language, with over 25 million speakers, is one of the three major languages in Nigeria. It is spoken in the Western part of Nigeria. The language has different ethnicity in different Yoruba speaking communities.
Yoruba films serve and are indeed detaining to not just Yoruba speakers alone but to others from different cultures in genera (i.e. Yoruba films not just entertain, they also educate as a lot relating to our lives and the society at large in terms of socio cultural, religion, economy, gender etc can be learnt form these Yoruba films. They also portray the rich Yoruba culture which viewers can learn and benefit from.
Films according to advanced learners’ dictionary area series of moving pictures, usually shown in a cinema or on television and often telling a story.
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The research intends to carry out an error analysis some of the Errors made in some selected Yoruba films subtitled in English the research will do the following.
i. Identity the errors
ii. Classify these errors into their types.
iii. Explain why these errors are made.
iv. Treat the errors i.e. proper the corrections to those errors.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This reproach work titled a Lexicon-syntactic Analysis aims at identifying, classifying, explaining and then treating these errors identified. This research will only be limited to the sentences only.
This research work is embarked on because of the researcher’s interest in making corrections to some of these errors encountered while watching some of these Yoruba films. These research work will also explain why some of these errors are made thereby making viewers of these films understand why some of these errors are made. The research will also serve an a guideline to students who endeavour to carry out researches related to the topic in the future.
In carrying out an error analysis for this project work, the data that will be used are four selected Yoruba films subtitled in English. Sentences perceived to be errors will be lifted while watching the films. Then, the erromous sentences lifted in each film will be numbered, error analysis would be carried out on each of the sentences, i.e. the errors would be identified, described into their types, explained or explanation would be given for occurrence of such errors and the correct sentences would be preferred.
The chapter has done a little introduction and background to the variables constituting the research topic. It has also stated the purpose, scope, justification and the methods of the research project. Next we move to the next chapter which is the review of literature of the research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ENEMIES OF THEIR OWN: FEMALE CHARACTERS IN NAWAL EL SAADAWI’S WOMAN AT POINT ZERO AND REBEKA NJAU’S RIPPLES IN THE POOL» ABSTRACT Feminism in Africa has occupied a very sensitive position in African literature as feminist writers have contributed to its growth through th...Continue Reading »
2. POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND PSYCHOSOCIAL DISORDER USING THE ACTIVIST BY TANURE OJAIDE AND ARROW OF RAIN BY OKE NDIBE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria’s political problems sprang from the carefree manner in which the British took over, administered, and aban...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION This research is on the Nominal Modifiers in Annang. It will identify the nominal modifiers, the types of nominal modifie...Continue Reading »
4. A PRAGMA-DISCOURSE STUDY OF FACE-SAVING AND FACE-THREATENING ACTS ON THE BBC’S HARDTALK INTERVIEW» Abstract The media is a powerful tool of influence in societies. Media interviews provide a special platform that showcases how language is used. This...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study investigates the difficulties faced by Igbo second language learners of English spelling. It propose solutions to students’ ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study undertakes a comparative analysis of the works of two Nigerian female novelists: Buchi Emecheta and Flora Nwapa, it looks at the c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe study examined the extent of the use of extensive reading in promoting communication competence in secondary school with reference to some...Continue Reading »
8. A STYLISTIC STUDY OF PARALLELISM IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES OF PRESIDENTS BARRACK OBAMA AND GOODLUCK JONATHAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The role of language in every society is multifunctional; it serves various purposes ranging from...Continue Reading »
9. THE ELEMENT OF PARA-GOTHICISM IN CHARLOTTE BRONTE’S JANE EYRE AND EMILY BRONTE’S WUTHERING HEIGHTS» ABSTRACT Para Gothicism is not a rediscovery of the gothic, but rather a rebirth of that style; it is also a modern name for Gothicism which is a genr...Continue Reading »
10. HISTORICISM AS A LITERARY DISCOURSE: A STUDY OF ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY, ELECHI AMADI’S SUNSET IN BIAFRA AND BIYI BANDELE’S BURMA BOY» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 CONCEPTUAL BACKGROUND As Chidi Amuta (1988) puts it, the Nigerian civil war literatures represent a ―significant step ...Continue Reading »