Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 32 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Figurative expressions are forms of styles in which words are used to express more than they mean ordinarily so as to make the idea very emphatic and effective.
On the other hand, hyperbole is one of the figurative expression and it means the use of deliberate expression for emphasis to achieve heightened effect or to produce some effect. In advertisements, hyperbole is mostly used to capture the interest of the public to patronize the product or the services been advertised.
Language forms the fundamental function of communication as social being. Man uses it as a medium of communication to help him communicate with other people that live within and beyond our geographical locations. It is noted that our live takes us through sires of activities that demand immense use of language.
Figurative Expression in language of advertisement is in the family of marketing management tools, which include product, price, promotion mix that also includes advertising
sales promotion publicity, personal selling and product packaging. In this respect, language of advertisement studies how the advertiser use language to persuade and convince their customers to introduce and buy their new product. It is through this techniques of advertising that customers are helpless to depend themselves (Filici, 2005).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is embarked upon because on several occasions you see advertisement on the media. You discover that figurative expression is mostly used to capture or win the interest of the customers.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Why is hyperbole been used in advertisement?
2. How language is used in order to attract more customers?
3. DO hyperboles give ambiguous meaning in expression?
1.4 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
(i) To identify how language is used by the advertisers to make claims that are obviously doubtful.
(ii.) To identify the ambiguities in meaning and usage.
(iii.) To identify the characteristics of hyperbole in
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study focuses on the use of figurative expression in language of advertisement with emphasis on hyperbole. The study is strictly on the use of figurative expression in language of advertisement; it does not touch other areas.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS BETWEEN THE PLAYS OUR HUSBAND HAVE GONE MAD AGAIN BY OLA ROTIMI AND TRACIE CHINA UTOH'S OUR WIVES HAVE GONE MAD AGAIN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is assumed that for Africa and indeed the world to be an egalitarian society; teachers must fi...Continue Reading »
2. NEO-COLONIALISM IN SELECTED POEMS OF JOE USHIE’S A REIGN OF LOCUSTS AND EYOH ETIM’S SONG OF OUR TIME» Abstract This research examines the Concept of Neo Colonialism in Joe Ushie’s A Reign of Locusts and Eyoh Etim’s Songs of Our Time. The poets focu...Continue Reading »
3. CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE AND THE DIALOGIC IMAGINATION: A BAKHTINIAN RE-EXAMINATION OF HALF OF A YELLOW SUN, PURPLE HIBISCUS AND THE THING AROUND YOUR ...» Abstract “You cannot do literature without theory”. A statement made by Professor Y.A.Nasidi in a lecture with his 2009 2010 MA students a...Continue Reading »
4. MERGER OF THEME AND STYLE IN CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE’S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND ZAYNAB ALKALI’S THE VIRTUOUS WOMAN» ABSTRACT This work is a study of the merger of theme and style in Chimamada Adichie’s Purple Hibiscus and Zaynab Alkali’s The Virtuous Wom...Continue Reading »
5. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE ADOPTION OF INTERNET TOOLS BY AFRICAN INDEPENDENT TELEVISION-AIT AND NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY-NTA NETWORK SERVICE» Abstract This study entitled “A Comparative Study of the Adoption of Internet Tools by African Independent Television AIT and Nigerian Televisio...Continue Reading »
» Abstract It is observed that quite a number of adults are unable to learn a second language apart from their mother tongue. Therefore, the purpose of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focuses on analyzing and contrasting the processes of noun formation in both English and Igbo languages. The method of data analys...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language is learned and shred, it is an arbitrary system of vocal symbols through which human beings in the same speech community interact, t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Christian handbills are one of the leading non verbal means of communication in the society today especially the church handbills and posters...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research is aim to find out the relevance of reading newspapers among students. The majority of students agree that reading newspapers en...Continue Reading »