Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work is concerned with reduplication in Nigerian
English from the speeches and utterances of some students in the
Department of Modern European Languages and Linguistics, Usmanu
Danfodiyo University, Sokoto. The study shows that reduplication occurs
to signify contrastive meaning, pluralism, emphasis and creation of
new words with different semantic forms. Reduplication was therefore
further discovered to be one of the features of Nigerian English.
Reduplication is a morphological process in which the root of a word or a part of it is repeated. In many languages, reduplication is used in inflections to convey grammatical functions and in lexical derivations to create semantic functions. Kachru (1982) noted that the reduplication of items belongs to various word classes. For instance, some English words are often reduplicated or repeated consecutively, either for emphasis, pluralisation or to create new meanings. Bobda (1994) identified three categories of words which generally undergo the process of reduplication; numerals, intensifiers and quantifiers.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Reduplication is an important phenomenon in language studies. Its
attributes have long been studied in terms of various formalist
theories. However, there is a general consensus that the role of
reduplication in English language has been widely ignored.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A SYNTACTIC ANALYSIS OF THE USE OF AUXILIARY VERBS IN OFFICE DOCUMENTS: A CASE STUDY OF IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI» ABSTRACT This study is specifically concerned with the syntactic analysis of the use of auxiliary verbs in office documents by writers of office docum...Continue Reading »
2. A Morphological Analysis of Loan Words among Yoruba Speakers of English Language in Kaduna Metropolis» ABSTRACT The thesis entitled “A Morphological Analysis of Loan Words among Yoruba Speakers of English in Kaduna Metropolis” is a documenta...Continue Reading »
3. A SYNTACTIC ANALYSIS OF SELECTED CLAUSAL COORDINATES AS USED IN THE AMENDED 1999 CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The language of law has been viewed by many as difficult to understand primarily because of archaism in its morpho syntactic structure. Also,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO STUDY The English language in Nigeria is older than the Nigerian nation. It was formally introduced...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language is a living entity that is always in constant change. It develops changes, undergoes modernisation and vanishes. In every language, ...Continue Reading »
6. PERSPECTIVES IN COLONIALISM (IN TRIALS OF DEDAN KIMATHI BY NGUGO WA THIONGO AND SIZWE BANSI IS DEAD BY ATHOL FUGARD)» ABSTRACT Ngugi Wa Thiongo and Micere Mugo’s The Trial of Dedan Kimathi and Athol Fugard’s Sizwe Bansi id Dead treat colonialism, the build...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The current computer literacy level in the society has made text based communication, which comes...Continue Reading »
8. THE LANGUAGE OF FEMINISM AND ITS IMPACT ON THE SOCIETY USING THE WORK OF MARIAMA BA’S SO LONG A LETTER» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONBackground of Study The struggle for women’ right began in the 18th century during the period of intense intellectual activit...Continue Reading »
9. HISTORICISM AS A LITERARY DISCOURSE: A STUDY OF ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY, ELECHI AMADI’S SUNSET IN BIAFRA AND BIYI BANDELE’S BURMA BOY» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 CONCEPTUAL BACKGROUND As Chidi Amuta (1988) puts it, the Nigerian civil war literatures represent a ―significant step ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work studied the discourse analysis of Athol Fugard’sSizweBansi is Dead. The encoded meaning in the conversational exchange among ...Continue Reading »