Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 90 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Multilingualism has been defined as the ability of an individual to speak two or more languages in any communicative event. Therefore, intra-group societal multilingualism is a situation where a speech community has access to two or more languages without any of the languages threatening the existence of the other. The study seeks to find out how Ogori/Magongo people, who are multilingual, use the various languages they speak in that setting and the effects this behaviour produces in them. The aim is to understand the impact of multilingualism on a population where more than one language is in use. Fishman’s theory of language choice in a multilingual setting has been adopted as the framework for this study because of its suitability. In doing this, the questionnaire and interview methods were adopted to elicit responses from the respondents, in addition to non-participant observation method. The findings revealed that certain factors like topic, domain of interaction and role relation determine who speaks what language to whom, when and why in that setting. Also, the study has established that intra-group societal multilingualism is stable and widespread in Ogori/Magongo as well as the fact that multilingualism has positive impact in the behavior of Ogori/Magongo which has given them wide range of choice of languages.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
“It is impossible to conceive of a rational being or of a society without implying the existence of a language” (Crystal, 1971:1).
Language, the tool by which human beings relate with one another,
has been defined as “a self-contained system of words, sounds and
meanings linked to each other in various complex ways” (Hudson,
It has also been referred to as “rule governed behavior” (Broughton
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.0 Background of the Study Language variation has remained a prominent theme in sociolinguistic enquiry by virtue of its...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Ethnography of a linguistic text is a sociolinguistic approach to determine the communicative competence of the text. A lot of speech eve...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The problem of performance evaluation is a hydra headed monster that affects business growth because of non existence of evaluation process i...Continue Reading »
4. MALE ABSENCE AND SINGLE PARENTHOOD IN BLACK WRITING: A STUDY OF RICHARD WRIGHT’S BLACK BOY, TONI MORRISON’S BELOVED, AND LAURETTA NGCOBO’S CROSS...» Abstract This study employs Realism as an analytical tool to assess the various dimensions of male absence and single parenthood in Richard Wright‟s...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF THE FAMILY IN CHILD’S LANGUAGE ACQUISITION AND DEVELOPMENT IN FUNTUA EDUCATION ZONE, KATSINA STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study There has been shortage of speculation about the origins of human speech. One general fact ho...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT It is popular knowledge that most counties in Africa were at one time or the other under the control of foreign countries after the Berlin co...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work is a study of ideology and its workings in two Nigerian Newspapers: The Guardian and Daily Trust using Modality as the analytical e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In the Nigerian state lies the problem of unity ever since its existence. Overtime, several linguists have tried to look at the diverse ethno...Continue Reading »
9. POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND SYMBOLISM IN ADICHIE CHIMAMANDA NGOZI’S HALF OF A YELLOW SUN AND OKEY NDIBE’S ARROWS OF RAIN» Political corruption is the use of power by government officials for illegitimate private gain. Misuse of government power for other purposes such as ...Continue Reading »
10. THE EXTENT USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING/ LEARNING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» Abstract This research work was conducted to ascertain the extent of use of instructional materials for teaching and learning of integrated science an...Continue Reading »