Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 66 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examines The Effect of Drill and Practice on the Academic Achievement of Students in English Language in Junior Secondary Schools in Lagos State. The purpose of this research was to determine the achievement scores of students taught English Language with drill and practice those taught using conventional teaching methods. and Determine the interest of students taught English Language with drill and practice those taught using conventional teaching methods and compare the achievement scores of boys and girls taught English Language using drill and practice; compare the interest scores of boys and girls taught English Language using drill and practice four questions and hypotheses were stated for the study, the descriptive research survey was used to assess the respondents’ opinions using the questionnaire and the sampling technique. In this study, 120 (one hundred and twenty) respondents were selected and used as samples to represent the population of the study. Four (4) null hypotheses were formulated and tested in this study. Also, the SPSS Statistics tool output of the one-way ANCOVA was used to test and analyses the null hypotheses at 0.05 level of significance. Based on the findings from the study the following conclusions were drawn that Application of computer technology to all aspects of human endeavour coupled with the need to create student-centred classroom to engage learners in their leaning tasks, improve learners’ interest and consequently achievement in the school subjects has necessitated the use of computer in teaching. This study has found out that Drill and practice improved students’ achievement, retention and interest in English language than the conventional teaching methods. Recommendations were made on the basis of the findings of this study which include the following: More attention should be accorded computer literacy and operation in the secondary schools and relevant computer assisted instructional packages should be developed for use within the Nigerian school systems. In addition, Nigerian public schools should be equipped with necessary ICT facilities to leverage the potentials of ICT in Nigerian schools and teachers of English Language in Lagos State should adopt the use of the Drill and practice to teach English Language.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE LANGUAGE OF FEMINISM AND ITS IMPACT ON THE SOCIETY Using the work of Mariama Ba’s So Long a Letter,» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study The struggle for women’ right began in the 18th century during the period of intense intellectual a...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Festival is an event usually set by a local community. It centres on and some unique Aspects of that community. It is a s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» Abstract It is observed that quite a number of adults are unable to learn a second language apart from their mother tongue. Therefore, the purpose of ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 316 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
4. A CRITICAL DISCOURSE ANALYSIS OF DOCTOR-PATIENT CONVERSATIONS IN SELECTED RURAL HOSPITALS IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The use of language in human communication is predicated on social relationships; hence when people converse, they are always aware of the so...Continue Reading »
166 pages | 71 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
5. A LINGUISTIC STYLISTIC ANALYSIS OF THE CAMPAIGN SPEECHES OF TWO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES IN THE 2011 ELECTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL BACKGROUND. 1.0 PREAMBLE INTRODUCTION This chapter contains the background to the study, a brief profile of the p...Continue Reading »
138 pages | 0 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
6. CHALLENGES OF POST-INDEPENDENCE AFRICA: A STUDY OF CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE’S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND HALF OF A YELLOW SUN» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the colonial period, the African continent suffered a great deal of subjugation and humiliation at the han...Continue Reading »
131 pages | 1,059 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
7. POLITICAL SATIRE IN NIGERIAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF EMEKA NWABUEZE’S A PARLIAMENT OF VULTURES AND TESS ONWUEME’S THEN SHE SAID IT» ABSTRACT Political satire in Nigeria literature as the topic of this essay sets out to understudy the employment of mockery and ridicule in Nigerian l...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 1,943 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Communication in the society happens chiefly by means of language. However, the users of language, as social beings, comm...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 569 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
9. EFFECTS OF NIGERIAN POPULAR MUSIC ON THE USE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN NIGERIAN STUDENTS (POP, RAP AND REGGAE)» ABSTRACT Due to the fact that English language is the official language of Nigeria, and Nigerian is a multilingual country, English language continues...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 324 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACTThe study attempted to investigate the patterns of interaction in English language JSS2 classroom in Mainland Local Government Area of Lagos S...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 214 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES