Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 152 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The aim of this study is to examine how National Diploma (ND) II students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja use concord. The Study adopts the systemic approach to be able to give account of concord relationships in detail. The main instrument used for the collection of the data analysed in the study is test administration in classroom. A total of sixty objective questions and two essay questions were administered to the one hundred and twenty students selected randomly from four departments. The results of the four departments based on the overall average scores of the categories of concord tested were shown. The results were presented through percentage rating. The results showed that Business Administration department scored 50.5% in subject-verb agreement, Electrical Engineering department got 48.1%, Maths/Computer Science department made 42.9% and department of Urban and Regional planning scored 57.2%. On Pronoun-Antecedent Concord, Business Administration scored 62.4%. On Electrical Engineering department got 66.5%, Maths/Computer Science department made 59.7% while Urban and Regional Planning department got 58.9% equally, on tense concord, Business Administration department had 55.7%, Electrical Engineering department scored 60.5%, Maths/Computer Science department made 59.7% and Urban and Regional Planning department scored 61.6%. The study discovers that students in this polytechnic lack the basic knowledge of the correct use of concord. It reveals that the subjects did not have enough knowledge of the rules of concord that can aid them to use English Language appropriately. It also reveals that the subjects did not have adequate knowledge of tense as regards using the present and past tense. Finally, the study shows that all types of concord in English, especially subject-verb, pronoun-antecedent and tense concords considered in this work are problematic to our subjects.
Several studies on the use of English have been carried out by
researchers to determine how students at the secondary school and tertiary
levels of education use certain aspects of the language. In addition, Scholars
have expressed concerns over the mass failure in English by students at all
levels of education and the inability ofothers to use English language to
communicate and write effectively.scholars include Adeyanju (4984 :23)
where he says
However,many students of secondary and tertiary levels,as well as others in various professions, have not mastered the English language structure, usage and mechanics, and therefore communicate ineffectively---.
Adeyanju is not alone in this lamentation. Ibileye (2003: 155) says
Recent failure rates in public examinations in Nigeria underscore the declining fortunes of the English language in Nigeria and indeed of educati
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study undertakes a comparative analysis of the works of two Nigerian female novelists: Buchi Emecheta and Flora Nwapa, it looks at the c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Sex, Gender and Violence. In recent years, increasing attention has been paid to women writing in Africa. Consequently, g...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language is a living entity that is always in constant change. It develops changes, undergoes modernisation and vanishes. In every language, ...Continue Reading »
4. A STUDY OF BLACK CONSCIOUSNESS AND RACISM IN RICHARD WRIGHTS NATIVE SON AND RALPH ELLISON’S INVISIBLE MAN» ABSTRACTThe twentieth century American literary scene is characterized by the emergence of black writers who are concerned with creating what is calle...Continue Reading »
» General Introduction Language as a means of communication is significant for people. As it helps to convey a message in both written and spoken form; ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract It is observed that quite a number of adults are unable to learn a second language apart from their mother tongue. Therefore, the purpose of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis work is titled "study of some syntactic problems of English usage among university undergraduates in Lagos State University (LASU)" was s...Continue Reading »
8. A PRAGMA-DISCOURSE STUDY OF FACE-SAVING AND FACE-THREATENING ACTS ON THE BBC’S HARDTALK INTERVIEW» Abstract The media is a powerful tool of influence in societies. Media interviews provide a special platform that showcases how language is used. This...Continue Reading »
9. A PSYCHOANALYTIC READING OF TONI MORRISON‟S A MERCY AND GLORIA NAYLOR‟S THE WOMEN OF BREWSTER PLACE AND MAMA DAY» ABSTRACT The study of Psychoanalysis over the years has helped to reveal the relation between the mind, language and personality trait which are not e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is an attempt to explore the recurring grave concerning the academic performance of students. Though a large percentage of stude...Continue Reading »