Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 152 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The aim of this study is to examine how National Diploma (ND) II students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja use concord. The Study adopts the systemic approach to be able to give account of concord relationships in detail. The main instrument used for the collection of the data analysed in the study is test administration in classroom. A total of sixty objective questions and two essay questions were administered to the one hundred and twenty students selected randomly from four departments. The results of the four departments based on the overall average scores of the categories of concord tested were shown. The results were presented through percentage rating. The results showed that Business Administration department scored 50.5% in subject-verb agreement, Electrical Engineering department got 48.1%, Maths/Computer Science department made 42.9% and department of Urban and Regional planning scored 57.2%. On Pronoun-Antecedent Concord, Business Administration scored 62.4%. On Electrical Engineering department got 66.5%, Maths/Computer Science department made 59.7% while Urban and Regional Planning department got 58.9% equally, on tense concord, Business Administration department had 55.7%, Electrical Engineering department scored 60.5%, Maths/Computer Science department made 59.7% and Urban and Regional Planning department scored 61.6%. The study discovers that students in this polytechnic lack the basic knowledge of the correct use of concord. It reveals that the subjects did not have enough knowledge of the rules of concord that can aid them to use English Language appropriately. It also reveals that the subjects did not have adequate knowledge of tense as regards using the present and past tense. Finally, the study shows that all types of concord in English, especially subject-verb, pronoun-antecedent and tense concords considered in this work are problematic to our subjects.
Several studies on the use of English have been carried out by
researchers to determine how students at the secondary school and tertiary
levels of education use certain aspects of the language. In addition, Scholars
have expressed concerns over the mass failure in English by students at all
levels of education and the inability ofothers to use English language to
communicate and write effectively.scholars include Adeyanju (4984 :23)
where he says
However,many students of secondary and tertiary levels,as well as others in various professions, have not mastered the English language structure, usage and mechanics, and therefore communicate ineffectively---.
Adeyanju is not alone in this lamentation. Ibileye (2003: 155) says
Recent failure rates in public examinations in Nigeria underscore the declining fortunes of the English language in Nigeria and indeed of educati
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. HISTORICISM AS A LITERARY DISCOURSE: A STUDY OF ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY, ELECHI AMADI’S SUNSET IN BIAFRA AND BIYI BANDELE’S BURMA BOY» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 CONCEPTUAL BACKGROUND As Chidi Amuta (1988) puts it, the Nigerian civil war literatures represent a ―significant step ...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 7 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Festival is an event usually set by a local community. It centres on and some unique Aspects of that community. It is a s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO STUDY The English language in Nigeria is older than the Nigerian nation. It was formally introduced...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 438 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Due to the volatility in the political terrain in African states, migration of the citizenry has ...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 99 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
5. CULTURE AND DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN IN BUCHI EMECHETA’S THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD AND CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE’S PURPLE HIBISCUS» ABSTRACTOver the years, the major challenge facing the female folk is discrimination and unfair treatment in the society. This work discusses cultural...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 242 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Social media is the social interaction among people in which they create, share or exchange infor...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 27 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This Study analyses and discusses the pragmatically negation in selected U.S and Nigerian presidential speeches. It first examined the proces...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 282 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
8. CHALLENGES OF POST-INDEPENDENCE AFRICA: A STUDY OF CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE’S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND HALF OF A YELLOW SUN» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the colonial period, the African continent suffered a great deal of subjugation and humiliation at the han...Continue Reading »
131 pages | 895 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
9. Nigerians and Politeness Expression in the English Language: A Study of the Non-teaching Staff of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka» ABSTRACT In Nigeria, the English language is the language of everyday communication, especially in work places. To support this, most employers of lab...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 234 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION This project is aimed at highlighting the problems faced by the Atyap learner of English. The Advanc...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 148 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES