Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 152 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The aim of this study is to examine how National Diploma (ND) II students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja use concord. The Study adopts the systemic approach to be able to give account of concord relationships in detail. The main instrument used for the collection of the data analysed in the study is test administration in classroom. A total of sixty objective questions and two essay questions were administered to the one hundred and twenty students selected randomly from four departments. The results of the four departments based on the overall average scores of the categories of concord tested were shown. The results were presented through percentage rating. The results showed that Business Administration department scored 50.5% in subject-verb agreement, Electrical Engineering department got 48.1%, Maths/Computer Science department made 42.9% and department of Urban and Regional planning scored 57.2%. On Pronoun-Antecedent Concord, Business Administration scored 62.4%. On Electrical Engineering department got 66.5%, Maths/Computer Science department made 59.7% while Urban and Regional Planning department got 58.9% equally, on tense concord, Business Administration department had 55.7%, Electrical Engineering department scored 60.5%, Maths/Computer Science department made 59.7% and Urban and Regional Planning department scored 61.6%. The study discovers that students in this polytechnic lack the basic knowledge of the correct use of concord. It reveals that the subjects did not have enough knowledge of the rules of concord that can aid them to use English Language appropriately. It also reveals that the subjects did not have adequate knowledge of tense as regards using the present and past tense. Finally, the study shows that all types of concord in English, especially subject-verb, pronoun-antecedent and tense concords considered in this work are problematic to our subjects.
Several studies on the use of English have been carried out by
researchers to determine how students at the secondary school and tertiary
levels of education use certain aspects of the language. In addition, Scholars
have expressed concerns over the mass failure in English by students at all
levels of education and the inability ofothers to use English language to
communicate and write effectively.scholars include Adeyanju (4984 :23)
where he says
However,many students of secondary and tertiary levels,as well as others in various professions, have not mastered the English language structure, usage and mechanics, and therefore communicate ineffectively---.
Adeyanju is not alone in this lamentation. Ibileye (2003: 155) says
Recent failure rates in public examinations in Nigeria underscore the declining fortunes of the English language in Nigeria and indeed of educati
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE USE OF ICT IN THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ORAL ENGLISH IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NSUKKA EDUCATION ZONE» ABSTRACT This research work set out to examine the use of ICT in the teaching and learning of oral English in secondary schools in Nsukka Education zo...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 227 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
2. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF LEXICAL TERMS IN SANGH-GAMI AND SANGH GHSHI DIALECTS OF (ZAAR) SAYAWA COMMUNITIES OF BAUCHI STATE» ABSTRACT Language is a living entity that is always in constant change. It develops changes, undergoes modernisation and vanishes. In every language, ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 225 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
3. A DISCOURSE ANALYSIS OF THE LANGUAGE OF INTERROGATION IN POLICE/CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS IN THE KANO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT This study is an attempt to examine the language of the police personnel in the Kano metropolis. The work intends to focus specifically on th...Continue Reading »
155 pages | 63 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The tragic and the supernatural are key issues in African literature. The sense of the tragic is embedded in the belief that man is not happy...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 730 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
5. POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND PSYCHOSOCIAL DISORDER USING THE ACTIVIST BY TANURE OJAIDE AND ARROW OF RAIN BY OKE NDIBE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria’s political problems sprang from the carefree manner in which the British took over, administered, and aban...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 322 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
6. REVOLUTIONARY AESTHETICS IN NGUGI AND MUGO’S THE TRIAL OF DEDAN KIMATHI AND HUSSEIN’S KINJEKETILE» ABSTRACT The attempt in this study is to examine two notable East African plays, The Trial of Dedan Kimathi and Kinjeketile, against the background of...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 544 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This Research Work focused on the gramatical errors in the English essays of Secondary Schools Students. The research was conducted on essays...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 586 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
8. EFFECTS OF DRILL AND PRACTICE ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT This study examines The Effect of Drill and Practice on the Academic Achievement of Students in English Language in Junior Secondary Schools ...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 553 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT Newspapers are veritable tools for promoting literacy through reading, writing and dialogues (among readers and critics), which are the hallm...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
10. CHALLENGES OF POST-INDEPENDENCE AFRICA: A STUDY OF CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE’S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND HALF OF A YELLOW SUN» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the colonial period, the African continent suffered a great deal of subjugation and humiliation at the han...Continue Reading »
131 pages | 1,062 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES